NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

rebol2n

1 hour ago, ThottiePippen said:

What type of players are you guys offering for Batum? Cause I'm looking to sell high, I don't have any faith in his health 

You wouldn't really settle for Tyreke Evans though would you?  Evans is a risk himself.  Reggie Jackson, DSJ if you can sell the idea of out of position ast, which is honestly quite elite. Not many sg/sf available in middle rounds who can bring that to the table.

8 hours ago, c_dog said:

You wouldn't really settle for Tyreke Evans though would you?  Evans is a risk himself.  Reggie Jackson, DSJ if you can sell the idea of out of position ast, which is honestly quite elite. Not many sg/sf available in middle rounds who can bring that to the table.

Good question. With Wall out, I need help at PG. Would DSJ really be attainable for Batum? Or should I hold?

Sorry if this is an AC thread question, but since you brought up Reggie Jackson, it got me thinking about my own need at PG

Edited by trusthaprocess

10 hours ago, ThottiePippen said:

What type of players are you guys offering for Batum? Cause I'm looking to sell high, I don't have any faith in his health 

You're not selling anything high right now, he sucked last game. He doesn't have much value. If anything, you're selling low. I would hold, he'll put together some nice stat lines soon. You could sell high then, because he would have put up numbers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Someone offered me John Collins. Strongly considering it.

i'm trying to trade my taurean prince for him. i feel batum can be a top 50 guy IF he gets back to health. but he prob needs to sit out a few games right now since he seems rushed back.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i'm trying to trade my taurean prince for him. i feel batum can be a top 50 guy IF he gets back to health. but he prob needs to sit out a few games right now since he seems rushed back.

Hopefully him and Wall come back full strength soon. Sometimes it's better to sit out a player for a few games. They'll play better as the season wears on, helping fantasy owners in the long run, but hurting them in the short term. I'm going to be patient with Batum, we'll see if he helps me or not. 

2 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Considering a drop in 10 team

Lol so you expected Batum to just be that top 50 guy right out of the gate? Why don’t you give the guy 20 games before you evaluate, it’s simply laughable your contemplating a drop. You my friend are why good team become great teams. You don’t drop Nic Batum it’s that simple. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol so you expected Batum to just be that top 50 guy right out of the gate? Why don’t you give the guy 20 games before you evaluate, it’s simply laughable your contemplating a drop. You my friend are why good team become great teams. You don’t drop Nic Batum it’s that simple. 

It's true... But I am not going to lie, the same thought crossed my mind. You just have to hold tight for a little while.

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

I wouldn't go THAT far, especially if you're in a really shallow league (my casual league just dropped Schroder...don't judge me because of that, lol).  I can't judge every person's particular situation.

However, I'd echo this sentiment to an extent.  Batum's historically proven to be an excellent fantasy player and contributes across the board (well, except FG%).  If you've got him, you just need to wait it out, as he's just coming back from injury.  And I do think that if you do drop him, there's no doubt someone is gonna waiver add him instantly and it's very, very likely you'll regret that decision.

I do worry a little bit about Lamb/Monk threatening his minutes though (wasn't the case tonight at least), and I think he'll suck the next game too without Kemba.  IMHO, tonight's bad game was basically a spacing issue.  Batum isn't a knock-down shooter, and he's expected to help facilitate with a starting lineup of MCW, MKG, D12 and M Will (3/4 of those guys can't shoot) against a pretty good Toronto defense.

• Like 1