Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is overthinking and getting way ahead of yourself don't you think?  You have to make it to championship week first.

Ibaka has really turned back the clock this week. He's playing like he's 38 years old again!

Rookie coming in with that fire roast sesh like a seasoned vet lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, snerpy said:

 

theres this option called.... trade.

I get it, when you spent a mid round draft pick on a player you don't want to drop them. You try to trade them and get some value for them, even if it's at a discount. The problem is no one wants your s---y mid round draft pick that is not performing. Lets pretend I didn't draft Ibaka and some one offered him to me in a trade, I wouldn't want to give up anything good for him. I might do a swap for maybe like Portis, Monroe, Chriss, or JaMychal. Those are waiver wire guys that the Ibaka owner could have just dropped Ibaka to picked up.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, socra7es said:

I get it, when you spent a mid round draft pick on a player you don't want to drop them. You try to trade them and get some value for them, even if it's at a discount. The problem is no one wants your s---y mid round draft pick that is not performing. Lets pretend I didn't draft Ibaka and some one offered him to me in a trade, I wouldn't want to give up anything good for him. I might do a swap for maybe like Portis, Monroe, Chriss, or JaMychal. Those are waiver wire guys that the Ibaka owner could have just dropped Ibaka to picked up.

 

I feel like that's undervaluing Ibaka despite his current patchy production. Ranked 8th round for the season as of now. Should probably get you someone ranked around there, round 7-9, based on his history/upside if he gets it going. But package deals maybe the better way to go with these kind of players (who are slumping, but have more upside than their current stats).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paokmaniak said:

Ibaka is under performing for well. But still the only guys that offer 1+  3PM with 1.5+ rebs and 50%+ are

Lebron James, Demarcus Cousins and Durant.... Thinking also the upside... dropping him is really stupid... 

1.5 rebs ????????????????

90% + of the league gets 1.5 rebs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I know you meant blocks , just kidding with you but seriously Ibaka is  is junk  .  He has been declining for years because he lied about his age. He isn't 28 , he is 34+ that's why he started declining 2 seasons ago when he was 32 or 33  and its to be expected .He will not return to form. Sorry .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

1.5 rebs ????????????????

90% + of the league gets 1.5 rebs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I know you meant blocks , just kidding with you but seriously Ibaka is  is junk  .  He has been declining for years because he lied about his age. He isn't 28 , he is 34+ that's why he started declining 2 seasons ago when he was 32 or 33  and its to be expected .He will not return to form. Sorry .

 

Ibaka is done, and it has to be the lying age factor as the reason for the decline.  It is the only thing that makes logical sense.  Its not like he has had multiple major injuries and camping out at the three point line on offense may contribute to the decline in rebounds a little, but it has nothing to do with the steep decline in blocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, magic32 said:

It seems that just all the Raptors #s are down, yet they are still winning. 

 

This may be true for the Raptors in general as they are trying to share the ball more - but Ibaka has been declining before he joined the Raptors.  His #s being down is due to him lying about how old he is - he is older than 28 no doubt. 

 

Just look at the decline in blocks.

 

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2009-10 20 OKC NBA PF 73 0 18.1 2.8 5.1 .543 0.0 0.0 .500 2.7 5.0 .543 .545 0.8 1.3 .630 1.9 3.5 5.4 0.1 0.3 1.3 0.9 2.7 6.3
2010-11 21 OKC NBA PF 82 44 27.0 4.1 7.5 .543 0.0 0.0 .000 4.1 7.5 .544 .543 1.7 2.2 .750 2.6 5.0 7.6 0.3 0.4 2.4 0.9 3.3 9.9
2011-12 22 OKC NBA PF 66 66 27.2 4.0 7.4 .535 0.0 0.0 .333 4.0 7.4 .536 .536 1.2 1.8 .661 2.9 4.6 7.5 0.4 0.5 3.7 1.2 2.7 9.1
2012-13 23 OKC NBA PF 80 80 31.1 5.6 9.7 .573 0.3 0.7 .351 5.3 9.0 .591 .586 1.8 2.4 .749 2.8 4.9 7.7 0.5 0.4 3.0 1.6 2.7 13.2
2013-14 24 OKC NBA PF 81 81 32.9 6.5 12.1 .536 0.3 0.7 .383 6.2 11.3 .546 .548 1.9 2.5 .784 2.8 6.0 8.8 1.0 0.5 2.7 1.5 2.9 15.1
2014-15 25 OKC NBA PF 64 64 33.1 5.8 12.3 .476 1.2 3.2 .376 4.6 9.1 .511 .525 1.4 1.7 .836 2.1 5.7 7.8 0.9 0.5 2.4 1.5 3.0 14.3
2015-16 26 OKC NBA PF 78 78 32.1 5.3 11.1 .479 0.8 2.4 .326 4.6 8.8 .520 .513 1.2 1.6 .752 1.8 5.0 6.8 0.8 0.5 1.9 1.4 2.7 12.6
2016-17 27 TOT NBA PF 79 79 30.7 6.0 12.4 .480 1.6 4.0 .391 4.4 8.4 .522 .543 1.4 1.6 .856 1.6 5.2 6.8 0.9 0.5 1.6 1.3 2.7 14.8
2017-18 28 TOR NBA PF 13 13 27.2 4.8 9.1 .525 1.8 4.6 .400 2.9 4.5 .655 .627 1.2 1.8 .652 0.5 4.9 5.5 0.5 0.3 1.1 1.1 3.2 12.5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny how people are saying he is lying about his age, but is there any proof? I mean, how can he be an employee of an NBA team and have a contract worth multi millions and they not have any sort of proof of his age? 

 

I don't see his age as being the reason for the decline in blocks, he has just become a completely different player. Look at the FG% and 3PA columns. He doesn't hang out in the paint on offense or defense like he used to. He's just not aggressive anymore like he used to be.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Its funny how people are saying he is lying about his age, but is there any proof? I mean, how can he be an employee of an NBA team and have a contract worth multi millions and they not have any sort of proof of his age? 

 

I don't see his age as being the reason for the decline in blocks, he has just become a completely different player. Look at the FG% and 3PA columns. He doesn't hang out in the paint on offense or defense like he used to. He's just not aggressive anymore like he used to be.  

 

no proof though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Its funny how people are saying he is lying about his age, but is there any proof? I mean, how can he be an employee of an NBA team and have a contract worth multi millions and they not have any sort of proof of his age? 

 

I don't see his age as being the reason for the decline in blocks, he has just become a completely different player. Look at the FG% and 3PA columns. He doesn't hang out in the paint on offense or defense like he used to. He's just not aggressive anymore like he used to be.  

 

No different than foreign baseball players being caught for lying about their age - it can happen and does happen.

 

Maybe he is not aggressive anymore because he physically is unable to be aggressive like he used.  And why would that be?  Has he had any major injuries that would have sapped his athleticism like that?  What other 28 year old that should be coming into their prime do you know in basketball without a major injury decline like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

 

no proof though...

 

yeah again, it's just speculation. Interesting, but no proof. If his game didn't completely change, that would be a bigger point. But he just doesnt play the same way he used to, on offense or defense, thats more of the reason for his different numbers, not so much his age. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...