NBC Sports Edge Forums

Boban Marjanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell yeah, Boban’s gonna thrive in LA. I give it 2 weeks till he’s balls deep in a Kardashian

Boban is a horrible fit on the Clippers because you can't really play him and DeAndre at the same time and obviously Rivers isn't going to bench DeAndre (although I do firmly believe Boban is already

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, apatas said:

But how limited minutes? He probably needs 24+ minutes to post top 100 value. Hardly he gets more than 18... (30 for Drummond).

Yea exactly - don't understand the overhype on this guy, all his production came when their season was in the toilet last year and drummond was in the dog house.  Drummond will play 30 minutes and no way do they play together.  So that leaves a max of 18 minutes, and that assumes they don't go small ball with Leuer at C against certain matchups.  So that leaves ~15 mins per game.  Sure he's a great pick-up if Drummond goes down (you can say this about a bunch of low minute backups though) but don't see him as a standard league guy otherwise, much less a top 100.  

Edited by Bachmanity
1 hour ago, apatas said:

But how limited minutes? He probably needs 24+ minutes to post top 100 value. Hardly he gets more than 18... (30 for Drummond).

I disagree entirely. 15 to 18 minutes he can do it without a doubt.

59 minutes ago, Bachmanity said:

Yea exactly - don't understand the overhype on this guy, all his production came when their season was in the toilet last year and drummond was in the dog house.  Drummond will play 30 minutes and no way do they play together.  So that leaves a max of 18 minutes, and that assumes they don't go small ball with Leuer at C against certain matchups.  So that leaves ~15 mins per game.  Sure he's a great pick-up if Drummond goes down (you can say this about a bunch of low minute backups though) but don't see him as a standard league guy otherwise, much less a top 100.  

That's all he needs.

Second to last pick or last pick? Who cares. If someone picks up lets say a Dewayne Dedmon and if you need a big, go for it. 

If he doesn't work out for you, you can easily drop him for another flier. Not the end of the world. 

The caveat with him is that you can't play him in an up-tempo matchup. He's very immobile running up and down the court and will cost a lot of fast break buckets, they'll have to play to a crawl to compensate for him. Definitely a decent double/double type guy with solid %'s.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

I disagree entirely. 15 to 18 minutes he can do it without a doubt.

And I disagree also - he can't. Look at his Eurobasket final stats, where he played 15 minutes. I think he had much better possibility to do his job at Eurobasket than at NBA, but managed 6 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 2 to.

Edited by apatas

This is a classic what fantasy guys want to see vs. reality.  Did he magically get quicker or obtain new skills, because he seems like the same guy that couldn't beat out Aron Baynes for rotation minutes for a whole year on a  team that desperately needed production.  If he was good enough to or able to, he would get more minutes.  We can all salivate over his per-36 #s but it's a mirage...

1 hour ago, apatas said:

And I disagree also - he can't. Look at his Eurobasket final stats, where he played 15 minutes. I think he had much better possibility to do his job at Eurobasket than at NBA, but managed 6 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 2 to.

And I disagree too. As Lifschitz said    "you can't play him in an up-tempo matchup."  Just look at his numbers against Russia  and Mozgov.
Event the stats that you mention above  (
6 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 2 to) from finals game  is not that bad when you consider that he went 4/4 . from the line.  

http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasket/2017/Boban-Marjanovic . 

Great pickup in last 2 round imo. 

Have this dude in my 12 teamer as the last pick. I think he's gonna ball out, now that Baynes is gone. Van Gundy already said earlier, that he was going to do everything he can to give Boban a chance. Basically he's saying he won't just pull him out in an uptempo matchup. He said that too. He learned from last season, not to immediately pull him out when teams go small. He's just a per minute monster and teams can't stop him. Drummond, usually has stretches in the season, where he looks timid, suffers defensive lapses, or missed assignments, which is why he's oftentimes sent to the doghouse by SVG. During those stretches, we can probably expect monster numbers from this guy now that Baynes is gone. Check out Baynes' game log from last season, there were games he played very extended minutes with Drummond healthy, due to SVG calling him timid. Now imagine if instead of Baynes, that was Boban...

37 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Was hoping for more than 14/5 with no other stats in 20 minutes with no other bigs playing...

Agreed. Besides...How could you own a dude that looks like this. 

Image result for boban marjanovic

Starting to wonder why I even bothered drafting Boban. He's just too huge to play anything more than 16-18 mpg and 18 is really pushing it, I would imagine.