NBC Sports Edge Forums

Boban Marjanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell yeah, Boban’s gonna thrive in LA. I give it 2 weeks till he’s balls deep in a Kardashian

Boban is a horrible fit on the Clippers because you can't really play him and DeAndre at the same time and obviously Rivers isn't going to bench DeAndre (although I do firmly believe Boban is already

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Is this dude just downright awful on defense or does his frame and looks just offend his coaches?

Never understood why he's not a starter let alone fighting for backup minutes

svg talked and talked and talked about giving boban a regular role during the summer. but then again, svg is all talk, talk and talk. so naturally when the season came along, he gives a the backup C job to a guy who barely made the team.

i sure hope the pistons keep sucking so svg will be forced to play boban more. he was actually +8 in a game where the pistons were completely destroyed.

20 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

I was kidding. But he's def on my watch list. Once he gets like 20 mpg, he's going to beast. Literally, he looks like a beast too.

Is he supposed to get to 20 minutes this year? Assuming he needs an injury to Drummond right?

29 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

I was kidding. But he's def on my watch list. Once he gets like 20 mpg, he's going to beast. Literally, he looks like a beast too.

once he gets 20mpg, which is ..never? 

11 minutes ago, doomz said:

once he gets 20mpg, which is ..never? 

Dude got 20+ mpg for the last four games of last season and averaged 15 pts, 10 rebs, and basically 2 stocks a game. Haven't watched him play, but I am curious as to why SVG refuses to give him any time. Poor defender despite his size? Off court issues? Nothing has ever surfaced around this issue. Really mind boggling as to why they even keep him if they aren't going to play him at all

5 minutes ago, hungry said:

Dude got 20+ mpg for the last four games of last season and averaged 15 pts, 10 rebs, and basically 2 stocks a game. Haven't watched him play, but I am curious as to why SVG refuses to give him any time. Poor defender despite his size? Off court issues? Nothing has ever surfaced around this issue. Really mind boggling as to why they even keep him if they aren't going to play him at all

Again, Drummond was playing 20/25 during that stretch... 

1 hour ago, doomz said:

Again, Drummond was playing 20/25 during that stretch... 

Means that he'll maybe get 20 minutes at some point this season though, even if it's just the last week :D. But my question is really the why more so than the when. SVG needs to show that behemoth some love!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SirMixalot said:

Here's his best move: giphy-5-2.gif

Seriously, don't believe the Mike Gallagher hype. Gallagher is a fool.

Trust your own eyes. Boban is literally so slow that players can walk around him to the basket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Will this animal ever get 25mins?

No.

He is a poor defender, too slow on his feet and is always sagging off, which is leaving shooters wide open. If he plays too long he does more bad than good.

• Like 2

Absolutely. Willie Reed got shipped out to Detroit, and it's possible DeAndre Jordan gets shipped too if the Clips are going full fire sale. Worth a speculative add to see what happens. I wouldn't drop anyone with value. I dropped Justin Holiday for him.