NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Boban Marjanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

MONEY BALL

1 minute ago, XOrad10 said:

great speculative add with solid potential, but it looks like DJ will be traded too. So just hope they don't get more bigs. 

Yeah, that’s a threat. There’s bound to be at least one big in return for Deandre and Lou either separately or together. The last thing boban needs is to be in a Suns type setting with the coach playing two a game.

1 minute ago, mcflywalker said:

Yeah, that’s a threat. There’s bound to be at least one big in return for Deandre and Lou either separately or together. The last thing boban needs is to be in a Suns type setting with the coach playing two a game.

You really expect Boban playing 30+ minutes?

They don't have a choice but to bring in another big IMO. Boban can't be a lone center, but at the same time, this situation is alot better on a rebuilding Clippers than than a playoff aspiration Pistons team where they already had a franchise center. 

Just now, doomz said:

Nah, I doubt he’ll even play 28, but have you seen the suns situation, or even the Bucks when they had Monroe? My point is, there is a lot of moving parts still. Clippers have Harrell, who perhaps has put in the time and doc may feel should get the bulk of minutes when Deandre is gone, and now boban. If they pull in another center at the caliber of capela in a swap for Deandre, then the center situation could get hairy for LAC.

3 minutes ago, doomz said:

I don't think anyone expects that. However, Boban only needs about 20 minutes to put up good fantasy stats. Think of John Collins, but with more blocks. He goes from a crappy situation where he wasn't playing at all to a rebuilding team that (as of right now) are light on big men. The Clippers must think he can contribute to their team, so for that reason I think he's going to see stable playing time. Great FG%, rebounds, and decent blocks with low TO's are what I'm looking for.

1 minute ago, Jin said:

Whoops, just caught that. But 3 centers is too much too?

Well, If you've been following the thread, it's very likely DAJ will get traded, since the Clippers are gutting their roster and there's no reason they'd let DAJ play out the season since he'll be a FA and walk for free.

The problem is if they get back a C, which is more than likely as well.  However, again, Boban only really needs 20-25 minutes a night.  And honestly, he can't play much more than that anyway.  So having another C in the mix would be okay, preferably one who can play alongside Boban at PF (in case they ever want to go big with Gallo/Harris at SF).

As of right now he's still going to be behind DJ and Harrell. So his path to playing time still looks pretty grim until DJ actually is traded. Even then he's still likely backing up Harrell plus you have to expect the Clippers are going to get another big or two back in a package for DJ/Lou. I know he's a per minute beast but I feel like everyone's getting a bit too hyped, still probably worth a pickup to see how things shake out

• Like 1

Cmon guys Boban is the... THE... MOST efficient scorer in NBA HISTORY.

And he's not worth a pickup because you don't know how doc will use him?

Honestly he's the perfect tank player because his defense in no way fits with the modern NBA style so you get added lottery picks and yet he has tantalizing highlight reel shots all day.

Pooh Pooh on Boban and I hope your fantasy dreams are CRUSHED

5 minutes ago, gregoden said:

Anyone else not high on Boban either? He physically couldn't play much more than 18-25 mins a night and is turning 30 this year so it's not like he's some young player the Clippers will be looking to develop

Develop? He was a Euroleague MVP. He subsists entirely on a diet of goat's blood and the limbs of small children. 20 minutes a night is all he needs.

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Cmon guys Boban is the... THE... MOST efficient scorer in NBA HISTORY.

And he's not worth a pickup because you don't know how doc will use him?

Honestly he's the perfect tank player because his defense in no way fits with the modern NBA style so you get added lottery picks and yet he has tantalizing highlight reel shots all day.

Pooh Pooh on Boban and I hope your fantasy dreams are CRUSHED

Couldn't you have said the same thing before the start of this season? I mean who was behind Drummond to start the season.

Just now, q6174 said:

Couldn't you have said the same thing before the start of this season? I mean who was behind Drummond to start the season.

Stan Van Gundy hates my fantasy team and he also hates raw talent. He relies on a "system" which is basically him throwing darts at a clipboard and being bombastic. 

Plus Drummond and Boban really can't be played together.

Gregg Popovich is another coach that isn't good for the raw talent as he throws in scrubs like Patty mills, Danny green, David bertans, Matt Bonner, boring losers who won't win you titles.

This is Bobans now or never moment and RN he is the talk of the day. Again MOST EFFICIENT PLAYER on offense EVER 1.63 points per shot attempt.

He's TERRIBLE on defense but maybe the clips won't care about that

18 minutes ago, HooDat said:

As of right now he's still going to be behind DJ and Harrell. So his path to playing time still looks pretty grim until DJ actually is traded. Even then he's still likely backing up Harrell plus you have to expect the Clippers are going to get another big or two back in a package for DJ/Lou. I know he's a per minute beast but I feel like everyone's getting a bit too hyped, still probably worth a pickup to see how things shake out

Someone is going to need to back up Gallo/Tobias at the PF spot...Harrell can't play all of the minutes at the backup C.

Edited by lbjames6