NBC Sports Edge Forums

Boban Marjanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell yeah, Boban’s gonna thrive in LA. I give it 2 weeks till he’s balls deep in a Kardashian

Boban is a horrible fit on the Clippers because you can't really play him and DeAndre at the same time and obviously Rivers isn't going to bench DeAndre (although I do firmly believe Boban is already

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

No way the Clippers will keep DJordan, they won't resign him, this is for sure. The problem is what they will get back and it is unlikely an all star in return.

They should go back to the Cavs and get IT and that Nets pick for Lou and DJ

Edited by Elcamino

12 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Someone is going to need to back up Gallo/Tobias at the PF spot...Harrell can't play all of the minutes at the backup C.

Gallo and Harris will be starting at the 3/4 I would assume. Wes Johnson and Dekker would soak up the backup minutes at the 3 and 4 would they not? And again, you have to consider who else will be coming to LAC in the prospective DJ/Lou deals. It's not gonna be all draft picks, they have to match salaries. Just doesn't seem like the slam dunk people are expecting. 

Best case scenario IMO is that LAC trades DJ/Lou and gets 0 centers in return and Harrell/Boban split the center minutes evenly to get roughly 24 each. And that scenario doesn't seem overly likely to me

2 minutes ago, HooDat said:

Gallo and Harris will be starting at the 3/4 I would assume. Wes Johnson and Dekker would soak up the backup minutes at the 3 and 4 would they not? And again, you have to consider who else will be coming to LAC in the prospective DJ/Lou deals. It's not gonna be all draft picks, they have to match salaries. Just doesn't seem like the slam dunk people are expecting. 

Best case scenario IMO is that LAC trades DJ/Lou and gets 0 centers in return and Harrell/Boban split the center minutes evenly to get roughly 24 each. And that scenario doesn't seem overly likely to me

I would play Wallace over them two at the backup 3 spot if I were them.

11 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Sloban can't even  make the Sebian national team you guys can have him, he could be the slowest player in the NBA,  teams will run on them and he can't keep up

Why you acting like we can't drop him if he doesn't pan out?

As long as you don't drop someone better to get him, the risk seems low. 

34 minutes ago, chaos6010 said:

Should I drop Yogi Ferrell, Bobby Portis or Taurean Prince for him? Im really not sure about this one.

AC forum for team-specific questions like that.

38 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m trying to find the stats from when he started for a short stint. Do any of you have the date or those numbers?

He only started one game this year. 22 mins, 15/9 with 3 assists and a block. 62.5 FG%, 5/5 FT's.  

1/3/18 @ MIA 

2 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

I don't think anyone expects that. However, Boban only needs about 20 minutes to put up good fantasy stats. Think of John Collins, but with more blocks. He goes from a crappy situation where he wasn't playing at all to a rebuilding team that (as of right now) are light on big men. The Clippers must think he can contribute to their team, so for that reason I think he's going to see stable playing time. Great FG%, rebounds, and decent blocks with low TO's are what I'm looking for.

John Collins averages 1.2 blocks a game.

Boban averages 0.3 blocks a game. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m trying to find the stats from when he started for a short stint. Do any of you have the date or those numbers?

For reference 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5524/gamelog/?selectedTable=0&season=2015

He has a 19 rebound game and found games where was 8 for 8 from ft. Saw some 20+ games as well.

Low TO and elite fg% and ft% with blocks rebounds and decent points.

Damn there indeed is a valid reason for such hype...hmm

Decent speculative add, but remember Harrell is still there too. And he's been eating DJ's minutes. The only circumstance I see with Boban playing is him getting backup C minutes behind Harrell. 

You'd probably be looking at Montrez getting about 28-32 a night with Boban getting around 6 to 10 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Decent speculative add, but remember Harrell is still there too. And he's been eating DJ's minutes. The only circumstance I see with Boban playing is him getting backup C minutes behind Harrell. 

You'd probably be looking at Montrez getting about 28-32 a night with Boban getting around 6 to 10 minutes. 

And I believe it when they say they're still chasing the 8th, the Lou/DJ/Milos + scrub units did fine w/o Blake.

Add in more shooters with Bradley/Tobias, then the returning Gallo/Rivers, more than enough.

Likely they won't throw Boban out there for regular rotation minutes, and Doc will probably have him on a short leash.

11 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I have no idea how you're getting those numbers; Boban was getting about 9 minutes BEHIND Drummond and even Moreland (12 minutes).  

Harrell is nowhere near Drummond's level.  Reed and BG are gone from the Clippers, and in this scenario, DAJ would be gone too, unless I'm misunderstanding you (or you're assuming the Clippers take a C back in return for DAJ, which could very well be the case).

Basically, you're saying that, even on another team with literally NO OTHER C besides Harrell (who isn't exactly a stud), Boban would be getting either the same or fewer minutes than he did playing behind a star C and another backup C.

Hell, even if your max minutes scenario were to come true, that's still 6 minutes unaccounted for (32+10 minutes= 42 min, when there are 48 min in a game) from the C spot.  Given that Gallo is their next tallest player, I think Boban should get about 15 minutes a night, which is actually not terrible for his value.

3 hours ago, Jin said:

DeAndre, Boban, Harrell... sounds like a mess, no?

3 hours ago, HooDat said:

As of right now he's still going to be behind DJ and Harrell. So his path to playing time still looks pretty grim . . . I feel like everyone's getting a bit too hyped

3 hours ago, gregoden said:

Anyone else not high on Boban either? He physically couldn't play much more than 18-25 mins a night and is turning 30 this year so it's not like he's some young player the Clippers will be looking to develop

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Sloban can't even  make the Sebian national team you guys can have him, he could be the slowest player in the NBA,  teams will run on them and he can't keep up

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Feel like the Okafor situation all over again, sigh. 

53 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Wouldn't it be easier just saying you were too late to pick him up? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2