NBC Sports Edge Forums

Boban Marjanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell yeah, Boban’s gonna thrive in LA. I give it 2 weeks till he’s balls deep in a Kardashian

Boban is a horrible fit on the Clippers because you can't really play him and DeAndre at the same time and obviously Rivers isn't going to bench DeAndre (although I do firmly believe Boban is already

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m trying to find the stats from when he started for a short stint. Do any of you have the date or those numbers?

Check here: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5524/splits?selectedTable=0&season=Map { "name": "ALL_SEASONS", "season": "", "seasonPhase": "REGULAR_SEASON", "groupedBySeason": false, "requiredPhase": "season.phase.regular", "displayName": true }

In his NBA career, he has started 5 games, 24.34 mins, 54.5/91.3%, 11.4/8/1.6, 1 blk.

But Pop and SVG didn't play him much, there is a decent chance River won't too.

Edited by littlesamtung
1 hour ago, freddo said:

Hot pickup followed by a drop city next week when we realise he is no good. I'm definitely in!

Hey, that's totally cool.  You don't HAVE to keep him.  Just think of him as Okafor or Chriss, where you can hold him for a week or so (I'd recommend until after the trade deadline tho) and then dump him if you don't have enough patience.  As long as you're not cutting someone with proven value, he's worth a flier at the very least.

Then again, I'm pretty happy grabbing J Rich from the wire in all my leagues.  Low risk, high reward.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

i don't understand the hype. For someone who is such a monster per minute numbers, he barely ever got any run. What makes you think all of a sudden Doc Rivers is going to give him consistent 20-25 mins per night?

I don't.  I picked him up in a couple leagues in case the insane happens, but I fully predict to be dropping him by like Friday.

• Like 1

With Gallo, Sweet Lou, Bradley anyone mean the Clippers are in rebuild-mode?? Really? Everyone in the league know that DJ  will be a free agent in the summer(if he don*t get his player option). The price shouldn't high for him. Nobody will go to a trade for a player who is a free agent at the end of the season and the Clippers don't make a trade for low targets.

Bullock should be the big winner of this trade.

Edited by FantasyEmpire
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

i don't understand the hype. For someone who is such a monster per minute numbers, he barely ever got any run. What makes you think all of a sudden Doc Rivers is going to give him consistent 20-25 mins per night?

And I don't understand the scepticism. Everybody knows it's just a flier. Nothing is guaranteed. It's like investing in a startup. Only 1 in 10 makes it. That's why you go for potential, and Boban has the potential, possibly on a non-contending/mediocre team. There's a chance DeAndre can get traded as well, which opens the path for minutes.

If it doesn't work (and there's a very good chance it doesn't), you move on. Simple.

6 minutes ago, FantasyEmpire said:

With Gallo, Sweet Lou, Bradley anyone mean the Clippers are in rebuild-mode?? Really? Everyone in the league know that DJ  will be a free agent in the summer(if he don*t get his player option). The price shouldn't high for him. Nobody will go to a trade for a player who is a free agent at the end of the season and the Clippers don't make a trade for low targets.

Tobias + pick for Blake sounds pretty low to me from their perspective. It's not like they got any all-star caliber players in return. If they manage to get any picks (contending teams might be willing to part with) or young promising players, they'll trade DeAndre away. And yes, whether they admit it or not, they are in rebuild mode. They had CP3 and Blake 7 months ago. Now they don't.

Edited by rush007

Tobias Harris isn't a weak player. talent was here every time but he don't make the step to a superstar. And they go to Avery Bradley too. BG32 is so injury-prone and he missed every time. He is maybe a superstar sometimes and sometimes he is sitting with street clothes and a big injury.

A trade you get a 25 young player with some great potential for a 28 injury-prone player isn't a weak trade. And you get Avery Bradley too. He was great as a Celtic-player because he is one of the best defender as a SG. And his contract ended this summer and you have money for another free agency.

The Clippers had fired the big contract from BG32 and get some talent and a UFA at the end of the season. And DJ is UFA too if he dont get his player option. Have enough money for sign a superstar or two.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

LAC is going to unload DJ for picks just like part of the Blake package. At the end of the day, they are going to unload DJ for anything cause he is going to be asking for a lot as a UFA.

I am not worried about DJ stopping Boban's minutes. More worried about Boban playing against stretch C's. 

11 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

On a separate note, why are all the rotoworld writers so pumped about seeing Boban and Milos play together?  Just because they are from Serbia?  Or do they have some kind of chemistry already?

Just because they are from Serbia. It's not like Boban can execute the pick and roll and they ll have some magic connection.

Boban right now is number 3 Center and will be for the next two weeks, so I believe you are looking at zeros for the next days so I don't get the plan that I pick him now and maybe I drop on Friday or whatever. If DJ gets traded then he might be picked up but I doubt they don't get a C back (who will most probably be better than Boban). They have to match salaries anyway so players are coming back, he won't be just traded for picks.

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

Let's be realistic: right now Boban is the third center and hopefully the third big man but not necessarily. If DJ gets traded, what are the odds no big man better than Boban comes back in return?

The best we can hope for is 20 minutes.

If Boban gets 20 mins per night i am in all the way in and i ll be kicking myself if i wont get him in time. However its very unlikely for Clippers to trade DJ and not get a Center in return.

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

On a separate note, why are all the rotoworld writers so pumped about seeing Boban and Milos play together?  Just because they are from Serbia?  Or do they have some kind of chemistry already?

They do! All Serbians do! Their National team is the best in Europe right now imo and they play beautiful basket. Milos gets a boost as well when Boban is on the floor btw.

11 minutes ago, Manos A said:

They do! All Serbians do! Their National team is the best in Europe right now imo and they play beautiful basket. Milos gets a boost as well when Boban is on the floor btw.

Yes but they didn't really play together in the national team.

10 minutes ago, Manos A said:

What? Why?

Not sure how to answer that, they just didn't :D

I think they have been together on the roster just once, back in 2011, but Marjanovic was DNP-CD for the entire tournament.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Not sure how to answer that, they just didn't :D

Hahahaha. lol you are right. Teodosic never got to play for Serbia the last summer and Boban missed all the other. Nice observation. However i am still thrilled to see Serbians as teammates because i love Serbian basketball. I wish Bogdan and Jokic play alongside Milos one day, that would be dope

Edited by Manos A
  • Like 1