NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm part of a dynasty league I currently have 2 guys that can play SF Gordon Hayward and Brandon Ingram. My question is since Brandon Ingram's primary position according to espn is PF and Hayward's is SG will I be forced to draft a SF? Is there anyway around this?

On ESPN, Gordon Hayward can play either SG, SF, G, F, UTIL slots, and Ingram can play in PF, SF, F UTIL slots. you can move your players in the roaster/my team tab into different positions.

Even though most of the times the first position you see is their main position, some players are allowed to play in multiple positions (making them versatile and slightly a bit more valuable to own). So right now, you currently aren't force to draft a SF because Hayward & Ingram can both play SF.

Edited by LYz

thanks i knew i could move them before the draft and after the draft was complete, but for some reason I thought I remembered being in a similar situation and them being pushed out of the positions during the draft and being forced to draft someone else even though i had guys that I could move there afterward.

On 07/10/2017 at 7:30 AM, cardkid55 said:

thanks i knew i could move them before the draft and after the draft was complete, but for some reason I thought I remembered being in a similar situation and them being pushed out of the positions during the draft and being forced to draft someone else even though i had guys that I could move there afterward.

Are you using the app or full site? Full site. Not light draft you can change position. 

18 minutes ago, Rbra4176 said:

Anyone know when ESPN updates the position eligibility for all players? I thought guys like Gary Harris/Devin Booker might slot the PG slot.

yeah I have a similar problem with a lack of SF eligible players

I thought GHarris, Fournier and Derozan all had SF eligibility

9 hours ago, Rbra4176 said:

Anyone know when ESPN updates the position eligibility for all players? I thought guys like Gary Harris/Devin Booker might slot the PG slot.

9 hours ago, ShaHerpes Lashiqua said:

yeah I have a similar problem with a lack of SF eligible players

I thought GHarris, Fournier and Derozan all had SF eligibility

This is what ESPN Fantasy Support told me.. just got to wait til season starts and they will eventually update player eligibility as long as NBA update there positions. You can contact them for live chat support, http://www.espn.com/espn/customercare/index

chrome_2017-10-09_16-10-15.png