NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric Bledsoe 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, TheBoondocks said:

Well his FG has never historically been the highest, but you'd expect him to be hitting in the 43-44% range this season and no go 0-8 FG too often lol

NqmSPeg.png

At least he's still piling on the rebounds and defensive stats like his mini-LeBron self, but otherwise a forgettable preseason.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God is NOT a magic fan, and if he ever was he gave up on them years ago

"I don't wanna be here"

I'm not going to lie, I was having a shi++y day at work today, then I got the notification that they were freeing EB and my whole mood changed. 

I drafted him last year and he was fine all the way until the shutdown which was annoying  because like everyone said he wasn't injured and it was more an management move. Yesterday while on the 3rd round after all the elite pgs were gone i was stuck with him again. Hope it pans out this time. 

No fluke, Eric Bledsoe is a monster, ability wise, but I do see it getting tricky in Phoenix. They want to build around Devin Booker, and challenge him this year to up his play-making skills, so Bledsoe might not have the same usage as last year.  The one thing that can work against this outlook, is that Bledsoe is almost definitely being traded this year.  He simply doesn't fit the Suns time line, and he's so talented that his play can hinder Booker / Chriss / Warren / Bender / Jackson pretty bad.

I'd take him at pick 35 or higher, and in auctions, less than $28 ( 14% budget ) if he's available.  We're gonna have to see, but the Suns could let him rip to start the season, in order to show case him for the best possible return on a trade, and then it's anyone's guess where he ends up. I can't see any non-playoff team bothering to acquire Bledsoe, and a lot of the top teams are already all set with PG's but someone could look to acquire him as a combo guard similar to a mini-Westbrook, and play him at the 2 to help them in transition.  The Spurs should take a stab at him, and they'd need to give up Dejounte Murray.  Another option could be the Nuggets if they exceed expectations for a trade built around Jamal Murray or Mudiay if he really picks it up.  The Suns are deep with young talent though so it's tough to guess what they'd want in return, other than a young PG to take Bledsoe's place and better fits their time line and decent pick.

There's definitely some risk taking Bledsoe though due to a very real trade possibility, but if he drops, you draft him and a month into the season, if he's being showcased, try to trade him for a top 30 guy to round out your fantasy squad.  A trade to a crowded team, or god forbid he plays the season out for Phoenix, they could def shut him down again to give Ullis run and have Booker focus on calling plays.

10 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

No fluke, Eric Bledsoe is a monster, ability wise, but I do see it getting tricky in Phoenix. They want to build around Devin Booker, and challenge him this year to up his play-making skills, so Bledsoe might not have the same usage as last year.  The one thing that can work against this outlook, is that Bledsoe is almost definitely being traded this year.  He simply doesn't fit the Suns time line, and he's so talented that his play can hinder Booker / Chriss / Warren / Bender / Jackson pretty bad.

I'd take him at pick 35 or higher, and in auctions, less than $28 ( 14% budget ) if he's available.  We're gonna have to see, but the Suns could let him rip to start the season, in order to show case him for the best possible return on a trade, and then it's anyone's guess where he ends up. I can't see any non-playoff team bothering to acquire Bledsoe, and a lot of the top teams are already all set with PG's but someone could look to acquire him as a combo guard similar to a mini-Westbrook, and play him at the 2 to help them in transition.  The Spurs should take a stab at him, and they'd need to give up Dejounte Murray.  Another option could be the Nuggets if they exceed expectations for a trade built around Jamal Murray or Mudiay if he really picks it up.  The Suns are deep with young talent though so it's tough to guess what they'd want in return, other than a young PG to take Bledsoe's place and better fits their time line and decent pick.

There's definitely some risk taking Bledsoe though due to a very real trade possibility, but if he drops, you draft him and a month into the season, if he's being showcased, try to trade him for a top 30 guy to round out your fantasy squad.  A trade to a crowded team, or god forbid he plays the season out for Phoenix, they could def shut him down again to give Ullis run and have Booker focus on calling plays.

Great analysis. One question though, how the hell did you manage to put that team together in a 12 team auction league?

6 hours ago, durel_arroyo said:

Got him 51st in a 20 team money league as other managers are probably scared to take him. Let's for the best this year. I was also lucky to pair him with Booker but unfortunately wasn't able to get Tyler Ulis as handcuff. 

man, amazing value at 51

• Like 1

I may be biased because I love watching EB play (I go out of my way to get him on my team) but the upside here is easily top 20 player. He's a good rebounding guard and with the Suns likely playing faster and smaller, I think he'll add boards + a few extra assists as well. If he's able to keep his FTA gains from last year and go back to 45% fg, he would crack the 22ppg mark. He's a definite injury risk, and maybe trade one too (all though, given he makes a pretty penny, I doubt he goes to any team to not have a large role), but I'm definitely buying the upside. 

He may not ever fully put it all together, as he does have stretches of poor shooting, but the talent and fantasy game is there for 22 pts, 5 rebs, 6.5 dimes, 1.5 3pm, 1.5+ steals, 0.5+ blocks, 45% fg, and 80%+ ft. A true stat stuff who will play like a 1st rounder at times, but some cold streaks and injury risk makes him more top 30. Again, I'm higher on him than most, but it's undeniable that he has a high ceiling. 

Eric Bledsoe Retweeted scott bordow

Ha!

Eric Bledsoe added,

scott bordowVerified account @sbordow
Eric Bledsoe has been listed as questionable for tonight's game with right ankle sprain.
13 replies47 retweets131 likes

em, not sure what's going on here. I guess he is playing after all lol

Edited by atlantadynasty
  • Haha 1