NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 6 - Waiver Wire Touts

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, championship or bust said:

Mike glennon?

have a strong gut feeling trubinski will flop and get benched immediately in game.

I'd rather start Kevin Hogan.

Trevor Siemian if he’s on the wire and DRC is suspended this week. 

Tyrod Taylor’s schedule after his BYE this week is to die for. And he would match up very well with the MIN QB whoever that is ROS. 

Tanner Gentry - WR - Bears

Bears signed WR Tanner Gentry off their practice squad.

Gentry spent a week on the active roster last month. The 6'2/209 UDFA had a strong preseason and gives the Bears some size.

Add him Tanner to my Week 7 ahead list. Besides Wright, there was hot garbage.. Thompson cut today.
To answer the TE question; Love Derby this week GMAN bleed points to TE's

14 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

The jets backup to McGuire? What are you in a 40 team league?

No, 12 and a 14 team league. The Kid is a special talent, and the Jets have 3 WRs ahead of him. My point is if this kid every got a role, he is a WR at RB and can catch.. Remember Hybrid Woodhead years back.. Outside the box. NYblazer.You have over 2,200 posts and I will not post what everyone already knows. McKinnon, Mack, Breida, etc.. We all look at the same sht!!

53 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

I'd rather start Kevin Hogan.

50 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Tyrod Taylor’s schedule after his BYE this week is to die for. And he would match up very well with the MIN QB whoever that is ROS. 

I love Hogan's upside in a pass heavy offensive, no good RBs,  with a defense that's terrible against the pass. Love his next 2 games again 2 decimated defenses.. then revaluate.
I take Hogan over the 2 guys on teams that run the ball and play D, Taylor, Bortles. Seimen is decent, but they may be up by 30 pts this week courtesy of their D and Giants O new offense making mistakes.. If Giants somehow win, this would be more stunning than the Yankees coming back to beat Cleveland..  

10 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Bump (? Not entirely sure when that's appropriate)

Anyway, I like where your head's at.  I think most of us can do better than "Player X is gonna break out" or "Player Y is garbage" yadda yadda.

If yall want to get a bit deeper here, I'm down.

Thank you. I want to go deep fishing.. 

I think the first few pages are fine, the same guys we mentioned sun/mon are mentioned by the main stream writers before Tues/Wed waivers, all the guys that we like, the rest of the world knows before waivers because of the free content everywhere on the internet, twitter, etc... So go a week ahead and beat the rush.. is my theory.. 
 we are going to come up with something each week, hopefully we all have the right guy.  For me, I fkd up and kept taking A Williams before every packer game knowing injury with Montgomery was inevitable.. If I did my homework A Jones was a SPARQ freak.. They do well. FYI Breida also a SPARQ Freak.. So now I do my homework...

Diggs, another injury that will linger all year... Michael Floyd in a prove it deal. .Could be special if Keanum throw jump balls to him.
He was once considered AZ best WR. Treadwell out of football in 2 years..
The WR/RB on the jets has me intrqued. When I read up on him,  I see an Interesting quote from Hines Ward:

"The one thing they don't measure at the Combine is heart. There are a lot of players that may not test well or be the fastest guy, but there are a lot of football players that have a lot of heart and are great players. I wasn't the biggest, I wasn't the fastest, but I had a passion for football."

Hines Ward was 6 feet tall and 200lbs and ran a 4.55 40 yard dash and was drafted in the 3rd round.

Very similar, almost identical to Stewart. The quote above by Hines fits Ardarius to a tea. Not the fastest guy or doesnt test the best but has all the heart and passion for football that you want in a player.  See what Hines Ward says about him. you can never know how could someone is until their heart is measured.
Research/Luck/Reward.

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

is Gillislee even worth an add anymore?

someone dropped him this week, and hes sitting there for free, but I don't even feel like bothering and neither do 10 others

He should be rostered

38 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

No way...you cant be that old...

i'm also a yuuuuuge fan of "The Honeymooners" and "Lost in Space" (Dr. Smith - FTW)

doesn't mean i watched the first run episodes back in the '50s/60s ... reruns are a beautiful thing :D

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

someone dropped him this week, and hes sitting there for free, but I don't even feel like bothering and neither do 10 others

He's been seeming more droppable than being a pickup....too volatile 

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

At the end of the day he is still the Patriots lead back because all of the other RB's on the team are predominantly receiving RB's, so he will still get opportunity in early downs and goal-line situations. I would recommend adding unless you have a really solid bench. If that's your team in your sig I would ditch Bernard for him, assuming it's Gio.

21 minutes ago, daveLux said:

I think we are getting closer to the time of Woodhead's return and maybe we should open up a roster spot for him ? He did look great in his short stint so far ?

Great suggestion! Idk when he is ready to go, but he is player that will give you 10 points in PPR no matter what. Under the radar type move that could solidify those who struggle with their flex position.

As for standard scoring, Perine will eat this week vs 49ers! If he can break a couple 10+ yard runs, catch a couple passes or score a TD - all of which Fat Rob couldn't do - it's Perine's job.

2 hours ago, daveLux said:

I think we are getting closer to the time of Woodhead's return and maybe we should open up a roster spot for him ? He did look great in his short stint so far ?

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

Great suggestion! Idk when he is ready to go, but he is player that will give you 10 points in PPR no matter what. Under the radar type move that could solidify those who struggle with their flex position.

The soonest he can come back is Nov 19. Which is week 11. That is not close at all. If he manages to come back he might last 1 or 2 games I mean plays. 

7 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I'm thinking yes.  Pats would love to pound him 25 times, game situation has not dictated, maybe will this week against the Jets?

7 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

10 hours ago, DMCRUN said:
Tanner Gentry - WR - Bears

Bears signed WR Tanner Gentry off their practice squad.

Gentry spent a week on the active roster last month. The 6'2/209 UDFA had a strong preseason and gives the Bears some size.

Add him Tanner to my Week 7 ahead list. Besides Wright, there was hot garbage.. Thompson cut today.
To answer the TE question; Love Derby this week GMAN bleed points to TE's

Denver will run it up the gut in a very low scoring game. Trevor won’t be passing much so Derby is useless this week. 

12 hours ago, martinjlm said:

I was debating between Siemen, Goff, Hogan and Keenum this week with Dak on bye.  I'm going with Siemien.  Just think the Giants are a mess, game is t home off the bye, have good WR's and also have Demarius I just feel like is due for a TD.  

Yeah, it could turn into a game the Broncos just churn on the ground but Siemen has shown the ability to have some big games and he's coming off a couple fairly down games after two big games to start the season.  Just feels like a good spot for him.

Keenum was my second choice but my opponent has Diggs and I didn't want to be rooting for Keenum TD's and see them go to Diggs.

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

I was debating between Siemen, Goff, Hogan and Keenum this week with Dak on bye.  I'm going with Siemien.  Just think the Giants are a mess, game is t home off the bye, have good WR's and also have Demarius I just feel like is due for a TD.  

Yeah, it could turn into a game the Broncos just churn on the ground but Siemen has shown the ability to have some big games and he's coming off a couple fairly down games after two big games to start the season.  Just feels like a good spot for him.

Keenum was my second choice but my opponent has Diggs and I didn't want to be rooting for Keenum TD's and see them go to Diggs.

Diggs is DNP all week. Keenum still good with Thielen who’s going to beast. I’m in the same boat. I’m giving Trevor ONE last chance. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic