NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 6 - Waiver Wire Touts

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is will Gordon  be suspended 4 more games, and do the Browns want him?  if not. will he go to waivers?  All questions that have no answers anywhere.  Unfortunately all these FF sites tend to parrot RW, and have little substance beyond the obvious.  Really miss Pro Football Weekly.

8 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

What I want to know is will Gordon  be suspended 4 more games, and do the Browns want him?  if not. will he go to waivers?  All questions that have no answers anywhere.  Unfortunately all these FF sites tend to parrot RW, and have little substance beyond the obvious.  Really miss Pro Football Weekly.

Well he was due to be suspended for 4 games the last time he was reinstated.  He made it to preseason, then left for rehab.  So technically he never served those 4 games.

I am going to assume those four games would be part of the reinstatement still.  Seems kind of redundant, unless he works out a deal where he can practice but not play.

It made sense before because atleast he could take part in the preseason, then get suspended.

I mean technically he's missed way more than 4 games at this point.  And I could be wrong, but he didn't fail a test and went to rehab willingly. 

So yeah, nobody knows!

Edited by RustyMiller
2 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

No one is that "high" on Mack, he's just one of the better options on a pretty luck luster WW week. Please name another RB with the potential of taking the starting duties at RB. There just aren't many. I would take a shot on him at 8-12 waiver spot. Any higher, I would probably hold off.

McKinnon should've been snatched up already, especially since they played Monday. If he wasn't, you're either in a 8-10 teamer or a league full of uninformed managers. Aaron Jones should've been picked up on waivers last week, if he wasn't, I really don't know what to say.

The only real options at RB (aside from Mack) this week is Elijah (temporary solution) and AP, a dart throw considering he just signed today.

I'm very high on him. He has the ability to become the next 3DB this season for Indy and when Luck gets back he's going to beast.

36 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Well he was due to be suspended for 4 games the last time he was reinstated.  He made it to preseason, then left for rehab.  So technically he never served those 4 games.

I am going to assume those four games would be part of the reinstatement still.  Seems kind of redundant, unless he works out a deal where he can practice but not play.

It made sense before because atleast he could take part in the preseason, then get suspended.

I mean technically he's missed way more than 4 games at this point.  And I could be wrong, but he didn't fail a test and went to rehab willingly. 

So yeah, nobody knows!

Did he not already serve the four games?  I thought he did that the first four games of last season, then checked into rehab at he end of September when everyone thought it was time for him to play.

31 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Did he not already serve the four games?  I thought he did that the first four games of last season, then checked into rehab at he end of September when everyone thought it was time for him to play.

He had completed 3 games and was due to be reinstated the following Monday (after game 4), but checked himself into rehab the Thursday prior.  He may have one game left, depending how they want to count that 4th week.

Everyone always talks about the obvious. Let's talk who is going to be on the week 7 hotlist.. Loving to predict the wire a week early..

Who is backing up Elihaj McGurie. I hear ArDarius Stewart(WR) who had 2 carries for 12 yards is getting reps. He is a freak athlete, and can play everywhere.. I guess our friend Travis Cadet from NO is not catching on too quick and coaches hate Powell, now I know why.. can't handle volume..
Mack Brown on Washington. Kelly can't stay on the field, Perinine, I am not impressed at all and 2 fumbles already.. We all know happened to our friend Matt Jones.  and Chris Thompson is 3rd back with 5 - 8 carries.
Kevin Hogan - Very intrigued with what he did in 1 half of football.. Dude rushed for over 100 yards in a start last year.. GOLD..
Kamar Aiken - Out snapping Moncrief, who is vastly over-rated.
Rod Smith - Zeke's real handcuff. cost nothing to roster him..
Agree w/ above poster with Jalen Richard.. Nice not captain obvious pick up...

Barner - looks better and stronger than ever. Smallwood Fragile, clement is a scat back, not sure if he can catch it well. Barner out to make most of last change.. add before game, does sht, drop for next guy on the list.
Peterson will fail and when does DJ Foster get a chance.. so disappointed they signed this man..
Albert Wilson - With Hill getting doubled and Kelce doubled, should see 7 targets a game..
No one is talking about Rex Berkhead, my guess is Gillese game day inactive. Had 1 good game in week 1.

Tyler Higbee - was called Baby Gronk when drafted last year, but of course the worst offensive mind in football never used him or anyone correctly. How Jeff Fisher had a job in the NFL for so long must be either his beautiful moustache and/or girls came to the game because they think he is handsome.. My wife who is 42 thought he was hot.. GROSS!!

Lastly, any know when Danny Woodhead is coming back... Because Bobby Rainey, may play his role for a few weeks. Look at 2014 Game Log, never understood why certain guys don't get chances. Canoanarro is not working out..to fragile, and Collins is a fumble away from clipboard duties..

I would like to know about your deep players. What everyone stated is caption obvious to most casual guys. Anyone in these forums is hardcore..
Anyone have anyone under 10% or 5% owned not listed above. Would love to get a deep wire each week, along with your standard..  

3 minutes ago, DMCRUN said:

Everyone always talks about the obvious. Let's talk who is going to be on the week 7 hotlist.. Loving to predict the wire a week early..

Who is backing up Elihaj McGurie. I hear ArDarius Stewart(WR) who had 2 carries for 12 yards is getting reps. He is a freak athlete, and can play everywhere.. I guess our friend Travis Cadet from NO is not catching on too quick and coaches hate Powell, now I know why.. can't handle volume..
Mack Brown on Washington. Kelly can't stay on the field, Perinine, I am not impressed at all and 2 fumbles already.. We all know happened to our friend Matt Jones.  and Chris Thompson is 3rd back with 5 - 8 carries.
Kevin Hogan - Very intrigued with what he did in 1 half of football.. Dude rushed for over 100 yards in a start last year.. GOLD..
Kamar Aiken - Out snapping Moncrief, who is vastly over-rated.
Rod Smith - Zeke's real handcuff. cost nothing to roster him..
Agree w/ above poster with Jalen Richard.. Nice not captain obvious pick up...

Barner - looks better and stronger than ever. Smallwood Fragile, clement is a scat back, not sure if he can catch it well. Barner out to make most of last change.. add before game, does sht, drop for next guy on the list.
Peterson will fail and when does DJ Foster get a chance.. so disappointed they signed this man..
Albert Wilson - With Hill getting doubled and Kelce doubled, should see 7 targets a game..
No one is talking about Rex Berkhead, my guess is Gillese game day inactive. Had 1 good game in week 1.

Tyler Higbee - was called Baby Gronk when drafted last year, but of course the worst offensive mind in football never used him or anyone correctly. How Jeff Fisher had a job in the NFL for so long must be either his beautiful moustache and/or girls came to the game because they think he is handsome.. My wife who is 42 thought he was hot.. GROSS!!

Lastly, any know when Danny Woodhead is coming back... Because Bobby Rainey, may play his role for a few weeks. Look at 2014 Game Log, never understood why certain guys don't get chances. Canoanarro is not working out..to fragile, and Collins is a fumble away from clipboard duties..

I would like to know about your deep players. What everyone stated is caption obvious to most casual guys. Anyone in these forums is hardcore..
Anyone have anyone under 10% or 5% owned not listed above. Would love to get a deep wire each week, along with your standard..  

I am hearing a lot about Mack Brown lately, is he really gonna get that opportunity?

Shane vareen should see an uptick in usage with the giants bare at wr now.

Not a lot of great options out there this week nor down the road lotto tickets. Wires looking thin on both ends. Maybe a good week to grab a second defense if you are a streamer and set yourself up for next week.

13 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

I have corey davis and mike williams on my ww, think theyll clear waivers?? I have #2 claim

they don't seem to be on anyone's radar right now.  both are still available in my league as well.  which of the 2 would you favor for rest-of-the-season?

1 minute ago, frisco204 said:

what about Dede Westbrook? He had a pretty good preseason and should be back week 9. Would he be better ROS than williams or davis? I currently have both. 

He could get more opportunities then the other two just due to lack of talent in jax but personally id rather have someone with Rivers or Mariota as the QB then bortles 

50 minutes ago, dschddny said:

they don't seem to be on anyone's radar right now.  both are still available in my league as well.  which of the 2 would you favor for rest-of-the-season?

Idk its a dart throw, mariota is hurt and that hurts corey a lot, im going to go with williams, i cant stash both injured players, and im picking up juju instead of corey....

19 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Idk its a dart throw, mariota is hurt and that hurts corey a lot, im going to go with williams, i cant stash both injured players, and im picking up juju instead of corey....

But you have to figure Mariota will be back and 100% healthy at some point!  Long-term Corey could be valuable...

"I would like to know about your deep players. What everyone stated is caption obvious to most casual guys. Anyone in these forums is hardcore..
Anyone have anyone under 10% or 5% owned not listed above. Would love to get a deep wire each week, along with your classic standard.."

I heard Vereen and Dede Westbrook as possible mentions. Respectable
Any have insight into the Jets backup RB. to me Elihaj McGurie is JAG.
anyone care to comment on the Week ahead strategy I took time to put together ..

Isn't this what these forums are all about??

12 minutes ago, DMCRUN said:

"I would like to know about your deep players. What everyone stated is caption obvious to most casual guys. Anyone in these forums is hardcore..
Anyone have anyone under 10% or 5% owned not listed above. Would love to get a deep wire each week, along with your classic standard.."

anyone care to comment on the Week ahead strategy I took time to put together ..

He did have one good game against a poor jax defense

The problem with Westbrook is that even if he's great the Jags passing attack is completely neutered because of Bortles. I read he threw ONE pass in the 2nd half last game because they were winning and trying to manage a lead. Do you want to consistently start a guy like that, regardless of talent level? He'd be bye/injury/desperation filler at best IMO. And he still has to compete with Lee and Hurns for the passes Bortles does attempt.

1 hour ago, DMCRUN said:

The jets backup to McGuire? What are you in a 40 team league?

1 hour ago, DMCRUN said:

He's the only RB worth rostering on the Jets beside Powell. Not sure why you think he's JAG, he's looked pretty good this season and looked very good in preseason.

If you're going off the Browns game, keep in mind that the are somehow a top 5 defense this year and 5th against the run.

46 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

He's the only RB worth rostering on the Jets beside Powell. Not sure why you think he's JAG, he's looked pretty good this season and looked very good in preseason.

If you're going off the Browns game, keep in mind that the are somehow a top 5 defense this year and 5th against the run.

Very true everyone has been sleeping on the Browns run defense. I mean they did hold bell under 40 yards. 

5 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Very true everyone has been sleeping on the Browns run defense. I mean they did hold bell under 40 yards. 

Buck Allen and Terrence West scored against them, other than those two RBs, they have been solid. I thought Powell and McGuire would have similar success since they are similar style RBs.

5 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Buck Allen and Terrence West scored against them, other than those two RBs, they have been solid. I thought Powell and McGuire would have similar success since they are similar style RBs.

Even then they both Didn’t get anywhere near 100 yards. 66 for Allen and 22 for west 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic