NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 6 - Waiver Wire Touts

48 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Very true everyone has been sleeping on the Browns run defense. I mean they did hold bell under 40 yards. 

That was more of a function of Bell being stale due to holding out. He didn't practice all pre-season and jumped right into the first game of the season. Took him a few games to get the cob-webs out, but he managed to break-through. This is unlike when he got suspended the past few years, where he was able to participate in the pre-season and actually practice before taking snaps in a real game.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

That was more of a function of Bell being stale due to holding out. He didn't practice all pre-season and jumped right into the first game of the season. Took him a few games to get the cob-webs out, but he managed to break-through. This is unlike when he got suspended the past few years, where he was able to participate in the pre-season and actually practice before taking snaps in a real game.

Be that as it may, they still have a good defense statistically speaking. They've held everyone to under 100 yards... and that was without Garrett playing.

If you need a plug and play receiver for this week ,

Mike Wallace > Nelson Aghlor > JuJu

If you are looking for upside and potential league winners,

Corey Davis > Josh Doctson > Mike Williams

5 hours ago, DMCRUN said:

"I would like to know about your deep players. What everyone stated is caption obvious to most casual guys. Anyone in these forums is hardcore..
Anyone have anyone under 10% or 5% owned not listed above. Would love to get a deep wire each week, along with your classic standard.."

I heard Vereen and Dede Westbrook as possible mentions. Respectable
Any have insight into the Jets backup RB. to me Elihaj McGurie is JAG.
anyone care to comment on the Week ahead strategy I took time to put together ..

Isn't this what these forums are all about??

Bump (? Not entirely sure when that's appropriate)

Anyway, I like where your head's at.  I think most of us can do better than "Player X is gonna break out" or "Player Y is garbage" yadda yadda.

If yall want to get a bit deeper here, I'm down.

18 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Well he was due to be suspended for 4 games the last time he was reinstated.  He made it to preseason, then left for rehab.  So technically he never served those 4 games.

I am going to assume those four games would be part of the reinstatement still.  Seems kind of redundant, unless he works out a deal where he can practice but not play.

It made sense before because atleast he could take part in the preseason, then get suspended.

I mean technically he's missed way more than 4 games at this point.  And I could be wrong, but he didn't fail a test and went to rehab willingly. 

So yeah, nobody knows!

uh, he DID serve his suspension. the week before he was set to return he went to rehab.

39 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

Mike glennon?

have a strong gut feeling trubinski will flop and get benched immediately in game.

Your kidding right? Glennon will never see the field again barring a Trubimski injury.

18 hours ago, Red Dog said:

What I want to know is will Gordon  be suspended 4 more games, and do the Browns want him?  if not. will he go to waivers?  All questions that have no answers anywhere.  Unfortunately all these FF sites tend to parrot RW, and have little substance beyond the obvious.  Really miss Pro Football Weekly.

Gordon did not go to rehab after preseason. He served his 4 games and right before he was set to return in week 5 he went to rehab. I'm pretty sure if he gets reinstated he is good to go.

16 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Perine could be worth a grab with R Kelley likely out this week - he's sucked, but WAS is coming off a bye and plays SF this week.

Keep in mind: Lots of rookies have struggled initially and broke out after the bye week. No, you won't see many 100 yard games from Perine even on 20+ carries. And no, he won't catch more than a couple passes. However, if he finally arrives in the pro game, he could be a punishing runner and goalline beast at 233 lbs, just like he was in college.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Bengals TE Tyler Eifert is in LA, deciding whether to undergo a 3rd back surgery that would end his year, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

1:27 PM - 11 Oct 2017

On bye but Kroft maybe a good pick up ROS.

29 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Bengals TE Tyler Eifert is in LA, deciding whether to undergo a 3rd back surgery that would end his year, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

1:27 PM - 11 Oct 2017

On bye but Kroft maybe a good pick up ROS.

Yeah scooped him up real fast

3 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Gordon did not go to rehab after preseason. He served his 4 games and right before he was set to return in week 5 he went to rehab. I'm pretty sure if he gets reinstated he is good to go.

We might as well just start a separate trade just for JG news haha. Looks like he flew out to Chicago today btw. Bears need WR so....

1 hour ago, HOF12 said:

We might as well just start a separate trade just for JG news haha. Looks like he flew out to Chicago today btw. Bears need WR so....

He flew to Chi-town to meet with Goodell

9 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Would someone please rank the top 5 from all these darn TE fliers? So confused:

Kittle

Kroft

Njoku

Dickson

Miller

Hooper

Griffen

Derby

James

Doyle

Fells

Higbee

Howard

Harris

O'Leary

Gates

Allen

Trick question.  Would be like dividing by zero

28 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Would someone please rank the top 5 from all these darn TE fliers? So confused:

Kittle

Kroft

Njoku

Dickson

Miller

Hooper

Griffen

Derby

James

Doyle

Fells

Higbee

Howard

Harris

O'Leary

Gates

Allen

I'll try.... and let me preface it by saying I'd rather Evan Engram or ASJ than all these guys.

This week I like Hooper.  Sanu expected to miss the game, Julio might not be 100%, Miami LBs aren't good, Miami defense giving up the 9th most fantasy points to TEs, he had 7 targets in his last game, Atlanta should come out flying after a bye week coming off a loss.  Lot of things in his favour right now.

Rest of season I like (and it's not really in any particular order):

Miller - Has been a quality TE1 off and on for a while, could be Trubisky's safety valve on a team with no real WR talent to speak of.

Doyle - When (if) Luck comes back, he should feed JD.

Kittle - Looks very talented, one of only a few RZ weapons in SF.. actually had a higher SPARQ score than Njoku, Engram and Howard coming into the draft.

Njoku - Offense sucks but he looks very talented and the coaches are obviously trying to get the ball in his hands (stupid TE end-around plays aside).

I give up... all these guys are dart throws.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic