Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Draymond Green 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest News (Dec 19, 2017) Tom Chambers (shoulder) is listed as questionable for Wednesday's game against the Grizzlies. Analysis: It was recently reported that Chamber

just dropped draymond for terry rozier

Don't make stuff up man...there is already enough misinformation out there

Posted Images

not liking this comment

 

Quote

“This is an injury that would make no sense for him to play though now, whether it’s September, October, November, December because you just don’t want to risk anything,” Kerr said. “But in the playoffs, as long as you’re not hurting a guy’s career, you know you’ve got the summer to recover so you tend to take more risks. Right now there’s no point in taking any risks.”

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/17/steve-kerr-said-draymond-green-is-not-happy-hes-been-out/

Edited by affliction
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Draymond has a rotator cuff tear. Coaches commonly try to hide this and cortisone shots can extend him a few games but eventually he'll have to have surgery. Extended Shoulder Pain = Rotator Cuff Tear 99% of the time. That's what Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard had. They both came back 100% after surgery.

Edited by apacheblues
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, apacheblues said:

Sounds like Draymond has a rotator cuff tear. Coaches commonly try to hide this and cortisone shots can extend him a few games but eventually he'll have to have surgery. Extended Shoulder Pain = Rotator Cuff Tear 99% of the time. That's what Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard had. They both came back 100% after surgery.

 

Don't make stuff up man...there is already enough misinformation out there

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, apacheblues said:

Sounds like Draymond has a rotator cuff tear. Coaches commonly try to hide this and cortisone shots can extend him a few games but eventually he'll have to have surgery. Extended Shoulder Pain = Rotator Cuff Tear 99% of the time. That's what Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard had. They both came back 100% after surgery.

 

Why does it "sound like" he has a rotator cuff tear?  I haven't heard anything other than shoulder soreness, so wondering if you've heard anything more that would suggest evidence of a rotator cuff tear...

Link to post
Share on other sites

For whatever it's worth, I've had right shoulder/rotator cuff pain since February.  I still worked out and played sports throughout the spring and summer but it slowly got worse.  I eventually went in at the end of August or early September for an MRI even though the doctors really didn't think it was necessary.  They were right, no tear, just severe tendinitis. 

 

They gave me some physical therapy moves and s--- and told me to otherwise take it easy.  I stopped lifting but still played sports and did Pilates and whatnot.  Last week I went back again and got yelled at when I said it was better but still hurt.  "It's an overuse injury 'take it easy' meant leave it alone and stop working out!"

 

So I'm on day 8 of not working out in any way except for running. I'm shooting for 21 days and then trying it out a little, but nothing crazy. Any discomfort and I'm backing off.

 

Tl;dr: it's not crazy to have a weird lingering shoulder issue without having a tear because I have that same exact thing and was told to just not use it for awhile.  I will report my progress because me and Draymond are both top physical athletes and have very similar body types and incomes,  so when I feel near 100% I'll let you all know so you can buy low right before the return. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Tl;dr: it's not crazy to have a weird lingering shoulder issue without having a tear because I have that same exact thing and was told to just not use it for awhile.  I will report my progress because me and Draymond are both top physical athletes and have very similar body types and incomes,  so when I feel near 100% I'll let you all know so you can buy low right before the return. 

 

Trying to pick you up to stash on my IR but I can't find you on the waiver wire dude :(

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chambto01.html

 

Edited by DamoESP
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

For whatever it's worth, I've had right shoulder/rotator cuff pain since February.  I still worked out and played sports throughout the spring and summer but it slowly got worse.  I eventually went in at the end of August or early September for an MRI even though the doctors really didn't think it was necessary.  They were right, no tear, just severe tendinitis. 

 

They gave me some physical therapy moves and s--- and told me to otherwise take it easy.  I stopped lifting but still played sports and did Pilates and whatnot.  Last week I went back again and got yelled at when I said it was better but still hurt.  "It's an overuse injury 'take it easy' meant leave it alone and stop working out!"

 

So I'm on day 8 of not working out in any way except for running. I'm shooting for 21 days and then trying it out a little, but nothing crazy. Any discomfort and I'm backing off.

 

Tl;dr: it's not crazy to have a weird lingering shoulder issue without having a tear because I have that same exact thing and was told to just not use it for awhile.  I will report my progress because me and Draymond are both top physical athletes and have very similar body types and incomes,  so when I feel near 100% I'll let you all know so you can buy low right before the return. 

 

Dray, is that you?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, affliction said:

Latest News (Dec 19, 2017)

Tom Chambers (shoulder) is listed as questionable for Wednesday's game against the Grizzlies.
Analysis: It was recently reported that Chambers has been unable to practice over the last week, so it's somewhat encouraging that he hasn't been ruled out a day in advance of Wednesday's contest. Still, Chambers will likely attempt to go through morning shootaround before a final decision is made on his availability, so look for another update following that session. Jordan Bell and Omri Casspi have benefited the most in the frontcourt with Chambers sidelined, so that would likely be the case again if he can't give it a go.

 

HAHA RW classic chain of posts :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, apacheblues said:

Why won't the team give Draymond a MRI? Every player get one now after every tweak and twerk as part of due diligence.

 

 

because he's really not injured. kerr / warriors FO just sayin he has a shoulder injury to be able to rest his players. otherwise they would be fined. as for curry, i think his ankle sprain is an actual injury though

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, apacheblues said:

I've had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders (after 30 years of basketball) so speak from experience (maybe too much as Dray is younger than me - but probably has more B'ball miles than me too:)

 

 

perhaps. but if he was seriously in pain / injured, any doctor would tell him to get a MRI. and this is draymond we're talkin about. not some g/d league pick up. and even if it was a g/d league pickup, they would get a MRI too

Edited by willkoo
more
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, Tom Chambers said:

For whatever it's worth, I've had right shoulder/rotator cuff pain since February.  I still worked out and played sports throughout the spring and summer but it slowly got worse.  I eventually went in at the end of August or early September for an MRI even though the doctors really didn't think it was necessary.  They were right, no tear, just severe tendinitis. 

 

They gave me some physical therapy moves and s--- and told me to otherwise take it easy.  I stopped lifting but still played sports and did Pilates and whatnot.  Last week I went back again and got yelled at when I said it was better but still hurt.  "It's an overuse injury 'take it easy' meant leave it alone and stop working out!"

 

So I'm on day 8 of not working out in any way except for running. I'm shooting for 21 days and then trying it out a little, but nothing crazy. Any discomfort and I'm backing off.

 

Tl;dr: it's not crazy to have a weird lingering shoulder issue without having a tear because I have that same exact thing and was told to just not use it for awhile.  I will report my progress because me and Draymond are both top physical athletes and have very similar body types and incomes,  so when I feel near 100% I'll let you all know so you can buy low right before the return. 

Get a cortisone shot. Works like magic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, Tom Chambers said:

For whatever it's worth, I've had right shoulder/rotator cuff pain since February.  I still worked out and played sports throughout the spring and summer but it slowly got worse.  I eventually went in at the end of August or early September for an MRI even though the doctors really didn't think it was necessary.  They were right, no tear, just severe tendinitis. 

 

They gave me some physical therapy moves and s--- and told me to otherwise take it easy.  I stopped lifting but still played sports and did Pilates and whatnot.  Last week I went back again and got yelled at when I said it was better but still hurt.  "It's an overuse injury 'take it easy' meant leave it alone and stop working out!"

 

So I'm on day 8 of not working out in any way except for running. I'm shooting for 21 days and then trying it out a little, but nothing crazy. Any discomfort and I'm backing off.

 

Tl;dr: it's not crazy to have a weird lingering shoulder issue without having a tear because I have that same exact thing and was told to just not use it for awhile.  I will report my progress because me and Draymond are both top physical athletes and have very similar body types and incomes,  so when I feel near 100% I'll let you all know so you can buy low right before the return. 

 

But it's only 99% of the time if you have shoulder pain you have a rotator cuff tear according to Apache. So maybe you were the lucky 1 in 100. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Get a cortisone shot. Works like magic.

 

That's the thing, I could work out and stuff through it.  Eventually I was just like wait, this isn't normal, I need to get this checked out.  I was worried I was gonna end up tearing it, though. 

 

4 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

But it's only 99% of the time if you have shoulder pain you have a rotator cuff tear according to Apache. So maybe you were the lucky 1 in 100. 

 

Yeah, I'm picking up what you're putting down lol.  Adding to your sarcastic point, the doctor basically laughed at me when I said I wanted the MRI, like he knew it was fine based upon which specific movements hurt.  And he was right, the MRI was clean. 

 

I don't want anyone to take much stock in some random non athlete's (I was just playing, boys) sore shoulder.  But I did want to express that long term lingering shoulder pain doesn't need to mean a tear at all, and that I can vouch that a doctor can say "Stop using it, seriously" as a treatment. 

 

Okay I'll shut up now you guys. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...