NBC Sports EDGE Forums

OBJ Aftermath WHIR 100%

1. So with OBJ done for the season I desperately need another reciever/flex option. Im in a 16 team 1/2 PPR league and I dont have a lot of depth (see team in signature). Who should I target thats on the waiver wire?  Im 2-3 btw. Ill help in return just leave a link!

WR Waiver options: Brandon LaFell, Eric Decker, Ricardo Louis, Rodger Lewis, Robert Woods, Adam Humphries, Marquise Goodwin, Torrey Smith

or

RB waiver options: Dion Lewis, Charcandrick West, Charles Sims

or

TE waiver options: Fleener, Dickson, Doyle, Higbee, Watson

2. Should i use waiver options above, or trade David Johnson (or someone else) and target a WR? I was offered Crabtree, but I also would like to keep DJ in case of early return. Thoughts?

Man that's rough. I'd hold onto DJ if its Crabtree being offered. 

The only options worth a shot at (in my opinion) are C. West (in the event Hunt goes down) or streaming Dickson with the hopes that Carolina has rebounded and this guy will be a focal point in the offense. 

Thanks for the help with mine.

Roger Lewis might not be a bad grab, with OBJ out and Marshall looking to miss multiple games and still not sure about Shepard. Even if Shepard comes back this week I feel Lewis will have some value. Torrey Smith might be an ok add also... just bomb or bust... Goodwin had a good week also but against the Colts... West seems to be the guy to get looks inside the 10 yard line and if anything were to happen to Hunt (knock on wood) West would be the beneficiary. I would look into the DJ situation and see if there is any news on his recovery time, if he isn't coming back til week 13 on I would trade him. Thanks for helping with mine.

I'd probably go with Robert Woods myself. Though none of your options really stand out to me. Dickson is also someone you could take a shot at, keeping in mind that it's probably more likely that he'll be a bust than a boom. But you never know, that Carolina offense is used to involving the TE, so his production could continue.

As a fellow DJ owner I feel your pain. Here's what I'd say and your mileage may vary based on standings/playoff format and what not– if he came back for playoffs (not even a guarantee) you're still starting probably Mccoy and White (even in half point PPR). Then it comes down to a flex play where maybe Crab could actually help you...

I dunno man. If I were you I'd try to pick up the RB in Baltimore that is taking T Wests job (Cullen) and go with Decker and maybe Fuller (if available). Those are two guys I like that have some upside in good offenses. Even though TEN has struggled so far I think they (like Oakland) will turn it around.

Drop Odell now that he is Out for the Season and considering this isn't a keeper league. 

Humphries isn't a bad option on the wire nor is Goodwin with a good schedule coming up

Now, if you dropped Odell and picked up C West you could maybe flip him and Fitzgerald for a better option at WR or RB than you would on the wire.