NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damian Lillard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jason Quick‏Verified account @jwquick 15m15 minutes ago More Lillard said he could go tonight at Chicago but decided to sit out because he doesn’t want to initiate h

Lillard owners waiting like:  

⏱⏱⏱

Always underrated. I love him more than ever this season with the addition of a real and legit big in Nurkic. I think Nurk for a whole season will be a godsend for both Dame and CJ. Lillard was pretty ridiculous down the stretch last season. Post all star break he shot nearly 47% from the field and averaged 30ppg with typical elite ft% impact and efficiency. Again I dont think its a coincidence he played his best ball of his career with Nurkic being there. At a minimum, I expect him to duplicate last years numbers. At his ceiling I think he could lead the league in scoring. 

• Like 3

#7 overall post AS Break iirc. Plays a bit better on D with Nurk behind him as well. Can see him put in a monster season this year. 

Also averaged 1.9 steals per game over last 15 games - he's willing to gamble a bit more, knowing there's a better rim defender on the team now. CJ and Harkless also played better defense after Nurk joined, so there's a trend there. 

• Like 3

My favourite player, such an awesome dude. I'm in agreement with the sentiment that he has the potential to lead the league in scoring, he's improved his PPG every single year his been in the league. Having a great defensive big man for the first time in a while is going to help him so much.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Owners drafted Kyrie early, so I was able to get Dame in the late second. Dame needs no time to adjust a system like Kyrie does. 

I ended up with Dame and I'm happy with that.

Honestly, I wouldve preferred Kyrie but he was drafted right before me at 12 so ended up with Lillard.

But after reading here that his steals in his last 15 games was at 1.9, im a happy camper! That was the one cat i wanted kyrie over dame for.

Dame set up for a monster year.

Portland losing Allen Crabbe means they don't have any reliable 3pt shooters other than Dame and CJ. The rest- Aminu, Harkless, Leonard, Swanigan, Shabazz... don't inspire much confidence. And yep, Dame's numbers actually improve with Nurkic in.

First time Dame owner here as well! Didn't own him last year and those post ASB numbers are mouth watering! Hope he can keep it up. If he shoots anywhere near that FG% and his steals are over 1.5 at least, he will definitely be a steal for his owners. 

Him being an iron man is icing on the cake. 

Dame Time! 

6 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

First time Dame owner here as well! Didn't own him last year and those post ASB numbers are mouth watering! Hope he can keep it up. If he shoots anywhere near that FG% and his steals are over 1.5 at least, he will definitely be a steal for his owners. 

Him being an iron man is icing on the cake. 

Dame Time! 

first time owner too, and I got the backcourt 

if i was punting fg%, lillard would have been my number 1 target, at least in auction draft. in auctions I regularly see him go for as low as $40-43. At that price he is a steal.

Biggest pros: Hard AF - doesn't miss games, scores as well as anyone in league, ft% impact is awesome, rains many 3s

Meh: assists

Cons: fg% and steals...his fg% is not horrendous and could improve a bit, but he often can hurt bad on his super high volume when he is having a cold week. if he can improve his steals to around 1.2 or 1.3, which many think he can with Nurkic around, that would be huge. 

Edited by richg24
11 hours ago, WFK said:

Managed to get him at #20 and pair him with Giannis to compensate for his lack of 3s and FT%. Pretty excited about owning this combo.

Same combo as mine plus I got Myles Turner in the third round

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Is Lillard going in the second really that crazy?  Come on now.  I tried to get Turner in the third in some of my drafts, but he never fell to me there.  For shame.

He's never been ranked better than 16 for a season so not sure why it would be such a big deal if he doesn't get picked in the 1st round. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Is Lillard going in the second really that crazy?  Come on now.  I tried to get Turner in the third in some of my drafts, but he never fell to me there.  For shame.

Depends how big your league is and why's it surprising he goes 2nd round? he's elite at 3's FT's and Pts, doesn't get you much stocks and his strength isn't assists. He's exactly where he should be unless you can name 10 players in the top 10 he replaces?

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

He's never been ranked better than 16 for a season so not sure why it would be such a big deal if he doesn't get picked in the 1st round. 

55 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Depends how big your league is and why's it surprising he goes 2nd round? he's elite at 3's FT's and Pts, doesn't get you much stocks and his strength isn't assists. He's exactly where he should be unless you can name 10 players in the top 10 he replaces?

I'm saying the same thing: going in the second round isn't crazy.  @Trench Mob is acting like it's wild or something.  "Man I wish I played in your league, Marc Gasol in the third round?  WOW!"  That's exactly where you should get him, nothing to see here.