NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Conley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

You guys think he can come back and be productive this season, or is it looking like a wash? 

He will be productive, but with Memphis losing, I don´t think what would happen in the final month, maybe I trade out him when is playing well

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/nba/grizzlies/2017/12/31/could-mike-conley-return-grizzlies-imminent-sore-achilles/992401001/

This article speculates he's returning Jan 5th against the Wizards (which is the same date BBM has for him). Oh boy, thank the heavens..

Edited by Lifschitz
20 hours ago, angomar said:

He will be productive, but with Memphis losing, I don´t think what would happen in the final month, maybe I trade out him when is playing well

Honestly people are blowing the tanking stuff out of proportion if you ask me. The thing is, it would've been true say last year or the year before when there was such a difference between the 6th place team and the 10th place team in the West. This year, there is so much disparity and talent in the league that all the teams are competitive, so in the West you have several .500 teams in the playoffs - which would've been unheard of the past decade. 

That means the Grizzlies really only need to reel off a mini win streak and they're already in the thick of things, that's why they haven't started outright tanking, it's still early enough (relatively) for them to catch up in the standings, and they were very good to start the year with Mike Conley, so I think they're banking on that (barring health). 

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Bledsoe, DLo, Butler, Davis, Drummond, Rondo, Taj, Dinwiddie, Lonzo, Biyombo, Nurk, Dwight and Collins

Spencer is the one I would drop. 

Depends on what you need. I agree with the  Spencer or Biz drop, DLo almost back. Biz....just not a fan of. 

Everything I saw pointed toward him playing this Friday, but it's pretty discouraging not hearing any news.. was hoping he'd at least start getting the questionable tag moving forward. It's a bit ridiculous how long we've all had to wait for him to come back, how did they not know this issue going into the season?..

All I can assume is it flared up very early on.. but the whole thing just smells bizarre.. also all they said was he needs to rest and he can come back fully healed.. which also sounds suspect because it's been a lingering issue for him for a few years now.. a few years back he played only 53 games because of it, was he not rested enough during the games he missed then? This feels like it could be a recurring problem and it's got me scared to hang onto him down the stretch since I'm in the playoffs, I may sell high after a short-stint just to avoid any troublesome issues, especially if the Grizzlies continue falling in the standings even with him back.

He's now been out almost close to 2 months....

3 hours ago, dorwell said:

Good thing is, he must likely will be back sooner or later and it's no shutdown. 

An update would be good though

I was really expecting him to return tomorrow... gahh I really just want him to play even if he's not great because having him + gobert in a no IL league sucksssss

19 minutes ago, StatusQuo said:

I was really expecting him to return tomorrow... gahh I really just want him to play even if he's not great because having him + gobert in a no IL league sucksssss

I have them on my roster too and we've got almost nothing from them so far.

42 minutes ago, orestis11 said:

What are these geniuses doing there? Still no damn timetable...

They took him off the injury list on basketballmonster, that's why I was expecting him to play this week. Seriously though... no "informing" updates about him on yahoo, espn, roto, bballmonster, grizz twitter page??? I just hope he's not out for another week or two