NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Conley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Def not want I want to read when I'm already concerned with his underwhelming start to the campaign. 

David Fizdale revealed that Mike Conley has been dealing with some foot soreness, but he's been pushing through it the past few games.

This helps explain why Conley has been connecting on just 36.8 percent of his shot attempts this season, and he has dealt with foot issues in the past, so maybe he'll take a few games off. Although, Conley tends to get out there as long as he's capable of walking. The lame shooting percentages shouldn't be a long-term issue, and his steal should gradually work there way up to his career average of 1.5, so savvy fantasy GMs would be wise to try and float out some buy-low offers.
11 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Def not want I want to read when I'm already concerned with his underwhelming start to the campaign. 

David Fizdale revealed that Mike Conley has been dealing with some foot soreness, but he's been pushing through it the past few games.

This helps explain why Conley has been connecting on just 36.8 percent of his shot attempts this season, and he has dealt with foot issues in the past, so maybe he'll take a few games off. Although, Conley tends to get out there as long as he's capable of walking. The lame shooting percentages shouldn't be a long-term issue, and his steal should gradually work there way up to his career average of 1.5, so savvy fantasy GMs would be wise to try and float out some buy-low offers.

at least there is a reason for it now and maybe hope for improvement... something just didn't seem right

1 hour ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Ehh.. not sure how I feel about this news.  I'm hoping he takes a few games off and gets back to 100% instead of aggravating his foot any further.

agreed... better if he took time off to get right and came back strong

58 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I definitely want to buy. Trying to figure out what I would need to give up...anyone worried that the Achilles issue could lead to something more? I can't afford another injured PG. 

He’s sitting on a foot injury that sounds kinda chronic from 30,000 feet, getting conflicting opinions. Hands and feet are **** hard medicine. It’s a complex machine — lot of small parts with vague, hard to locate pains. My experience: doc pokes it, nods, calls it a thing and says rest. Next doc pokes, nods, calls it something else and says rest. The older I get, the more rest it takes. I’m holding, but wouldn’t trade a healthy player for him without a lot more nfo.

Man, I'm just glad to see him play. It's just funny to see him and Marc icing whatever's aching whenever they're on the bench. One of them is probably going to rest against the easier matchup in the Lakers tomorrow. I don't want them gritting and grinding for that. I just want them to be healthy.

With them having only 2 games this week they might just play both he and Gasol 'cause they'll get plenty of rest this coming week. They can't really take the Lakers lightly, they are playing with a lot of enthusiasm this early in the season. In the West every win matters, you can't also afford a ton of rest days like you could if you were playing in the East. Most of the teams always end up neck in neck in April.

We shall see.

Edited by Lifschitz