Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Conley 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I traded Conley and Thad for Myles and Favors a week ago when Thad was on a high and Gobert was still healthy. I couldn't trade Conley straight up back then even for underperforming players so I had to pair him up with someone (damn Achilles blurb). Maybe Elfrid+ could work right now if you could wait out his injury issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cochise316 said:

His regression is crazy, maybe a few days off and he won't singlehandedly tank my fg% this week

He's been playing through an injury. 

 

"Regression". :lol: at all the overreactions on this board. Everytime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that gets my goat in fantasy is dudes playing through injuries. Especially tough guys around 30 who look to have gotten away with playing in pain, fudged conversations with medical and healed in spite of counter-active exercise. I remember when that disappeared for me. I played soccer badly every week for a year thinking “why the hell wont my foot stop hurting?” Dumba**.  

 

Hard to imagine he’s not his old self by playoffs. But the floor has gone so very, very far south in roto. This is one a regular pre-season might have flagged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the only one to find "Achille injury" strange??

 

he is day to day with this injury...

and all people thinks he is on the "regression"..

He plays with this injury since few weeks and he only need 2-3 days to recorver it??

 

who lie??

 

Medical staff or himself??

if the "Achille injury" is right , he needs more than 2-3 days..

no??

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Some of y'all are bugging. We're in week 5 out of 21. Your seriously selling him that low? That not even selling low, those offers are more like clearance. I def have to have an all rotoworld league next year. The things I read I seriously question whether it's true. 

 

Welcome to these forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

I am the only one to find "Achille injury" strange??

 

he is day to day with this injury...

and all people thinks he is on the "regression"..

He plays with this injury since few weeks and he only need 2-3 days to recorver it??

 

who lie??

 

Medical staff or himself??

if the "Achille injury" is right , he needs more than 2-3 days..

no??

 

 

I'd add more double questionmarks. It adds to the intruige.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all silly, Barely anything has changed and to think he wont normalise to last years production is silly.


FIRE SALE!

I traded my Kristaps for him and klay, plays to my teams strengths and i needed depth. I think it will help me long term when KP's elbow gives out and conley and klay are firing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaydensGuys said:

Y'all silly, Barely anything has changed and to think he wont normalise to last years production is silly.


FIRE SALE!

I traded my Kristaps for him and klay, plays to my teams strengths and i needed depth. I think it will help me long term when KP's elbow gives out and conley and klay are firing

 

I need you in my league asap

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

 

Not gonna claim to know the future but this will more than likely pay off,

I needed depth with so many injured guys, down 4 early round picks

Roto? Every league is different but doubling down on hurt guys is a nice way to miss the playoffs in h2h.

 

Either way, agree that he’ll right the ship at some point. I own him in a high parity league and need every position firing so looking to deal. Dreaming really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

Y'all silly, Barely anything has changed and to think he wont normalise to last years production is silly.


FIRE SALE!

I traded my Kristaps for him and klay, plays to my teams strengths and i needed depth. I think it will help me long term when KP's elbow gives out and conley and klay are firing

 

What has changed is the addition of Tyreke Evans. A high usage player that likes to play with the ball on his hands. It's not only the shooting that is bad, but assists are way down as well. Of course he is gonna get better and that's why I'm trying to buy, but I don't think last year will happen again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Wow- I offered D. Mitchell for Conley and it got accepted. I'd like to thank this thread for making me realize how low Conleys value is at the moment

 

you should send them a tube of lube too

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Wow- I offered D. Mitchell for Conley and it got accepted. I'd like to thank this thread for making me realize how low Conleys value is at the moment

 

As a former Conley owner I would’ve accepted that trade. Conley has been awful, not helping my team in any way shape or form this year and he has a lingering Achilles injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shredded said:

 

As a former Conley owner I would’ve accepted that trade. Conley has been awful, not helping my team in any way shape or form this year and he has a lingering Achilles injury. 

Ill rather lose than giving away to mitchell(this early in the season)... i want the better odds for me to win it all...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Some of y'all are bugging. We're in week 5 out of 21. Your seriously selling him that low? That not even selling low, those offers are more like clearance. I def have to have an all rotoworld league next year. The things I read I seriously question whether it's true. 

Nah I wouldn’t give him up for Hood. I got him at 32, felt like a steal. At this point I’d take a top 50 guy. Maybe Tyreke or Jrue. Even Tatum. One of those guys’ numbers would have really locked things down for me these last couple of weeks. Ain’t gonna happen though, which is probabaly for the best (if I make the playoffs.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's frustrating, he's ruining my season so far.. it's hard to win without your star PG, I mean heck, it's hard to win without one of your top 2-3 rounds pick period.

 

I'm still competing thanks to good value picks, my league is just ridiculous and every team you run into is a powerhouse, so everyone is bordering on .500. Really need him to come back healthy.

 

It's a confusing situation, he looks to be an amazing shape (probably the most jacked I've ever seen him), he had the entire offseason to get right/rest, he just had 2 weeks where he played 2 games last week and 1 game this past week.. Fitzdale said he's been playing with it in his entire career and that it actually gets better the more he plays.. so hopefully it's not just constant maintenance, either shut him down for a few weeks and get him right so I can put him on my IL and get some production, or just let him play through it, you can't be in the middle about it..

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PasqualeSiakam said:

Bought low on him for Tatum :)

 

Before you rage my league must have 1 rookie each team so guys like Tatum went for a premium

 

 

interesting league rule, really cool actually . Hadn't heard it before

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...