NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Conley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

just traded my demarre carroll and domantas sabonis for conley ..... thought it was a steal when i made the offer but i'm starting to have regrets with this 2 week timetable .... carroll and sabonis have been great thus far. 

Terrible offer, this guy was a top 30 player last year.

7 hours ago, JStyles said:

Terrible offer, this guy was a top 30 player last year.

last year, yes .. but there's a lot of uncertainty this season with the injury and all. carroll and sabonis have both been money from day 1.... either way, i'm excited to see what conley has to offer once he's back. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter Cat said:

last year, yes .. but there's a lot of uncertainty this season with the injury and all. carroll and sabonis have both been money from day 1.... either way, i'm excited to see what conley has to offer once he's back. 

#74 & #121 in 9 cat. 126&130 over last 14 days. 

#money

zimbabwe-banknotes-50-trillion-front.jpe

Even if you lose your league this year strictly on that trade, it was still a good one.

Good processes sometimes have bad results.  Bad processes sometimes have good results.  But good processes over the long run will mostly have good results.  We've all done something stupid in real life and had it miraculously work out for us even better than if we had done the smart thing.  But most the time it just works out bad.

That dude trading away Conley for Carroll and Sabonis just started to do a backflip off a garage into a pool.  He might stick the landing and the head cheerleader will be so impressed that he's going to get head behind the bushes in a few minutes.  Maybe.  Small chance. 

But he's probably just gonna break his arm.

On 11/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Hunter Cat said:

just traded my demarre carroll and domantas sabonis for conley ..... thought it was a steal when i made the offer but i'm starting to have regrets with this 2 week timetable .... carroll and sabonis have been great thus far. 

I traded Markannen & Prince for him two days before the injury announcement. Don’t feel too bad about it.

13 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Also just traded for him, KAT and Fox for Kawhi, Jrue Holiday and the Markksman. I dont see his FG% stay this low once hes healthy.

This reminds me of when i was a kid and i used to convince the even younger kid down the road that his yugioh cards were worst than mine based on colours and stuff, so i could trade with him and it be daylight robbery.. I dont know by how much of a landslide the KAT side wins in but its a lot...

I would take the KAT side in a heartbeat

Edited by JaydensGuys
2 hours ago, JaydensGuys said:

This reminds me of when i was a kid and i used to convince the even younger kid down the road that his yugioh cards were worst than mine based on colours and stuff, so i could trade with him and it be daylight robbery.. I dont know by how much of a landslide the KAT side wins in but its a lot...

I would take the KAT side in a heartbeat

Yeah I kind of argued that KATs numbers are down due to Butler anf Kawhi will have the same role. Mike Conley having a down-year and being injured now helped, too. Also the other guy was desperate for a trade since he is last in our 11team league.

To make it even better I got Kawhi in the second round at 15 (last year at 18, somehow my league doesnt appreciate Kawhi) and I took James at 8. So now I got my two preferred mid/late 1st rounders.

Edited by HerrMcKenzie
17 minutes ago, spaced said:

Well, the healthy Kawhi  side is a lot better than KAT's side so if the owner can afford to wait for Conley and Kawhi, and if they stay healthy, this trade might win him the championship

He traded KAT, Conley and Fox to me for Kawhi, Holiday and Markkanen. Not KAT, holiday and fox for Kawhi, Conley and Markkanen. And as he is last in a 9cat roto Format, I dont think he could wait for both to be healthy anyways.

Edited by HerrMcKenzie
13 minutes ago, yungduma said:

so what the f is going on with this guy. What's the time table for his return? I'm dying right now owning Gobert and Griffin.

The original prognosis was he'll be out atleast 2 weeks where he'll be reevaluated. No time table but achilles problems have been very troublesome for athletes in the past. I was hoping for 2-4 weeks

He's going to be evaluated Friday. There's a misleading report coming from a beat writer stating that Grizzlies "don't expect him back before Christmas" but it was from an article that was focused about the Fizzdale firing and Marc Gasol, not much about Conley. I honestly think he just threw that in there without thinking much of it, so I'm not going to trust that information just yet

13 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

He's going to be evaluated Friday. There's a misleading report coming from a beat writer stating that Grizzlies "don't expect him back before Christmas" but it was from an article that was focused about the Fizzdale firing and Marc Gasol, not much about Conley. I honestly think he just threw that in there without thinking much of it, so I'm not going to trust that information just yet

Can you send the link for this?