NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathon Simmons 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, HK-47 said:

You're getting way too excited for a guy who is only doing what he is doing because AG and Fournier are out. Look at what he was doing with them in the lineup..it's not great and that's what should be expected for his ROS outlook. I stated it a while back and I stand by it...he doesn't have a very fantasy friendly game. Even with all the minutes opportunity lately he can't crack the top 100 in the that time frame. There's a reason for that. Sure, I get rank is rank and we have our punts but gotta use something to compare. The lack of 3's and stocks, combined with the below average ft% drags him down. It's not going to change, he's 28 years old...this is who he is and has always been. He can barely average over 1 three a game in 36 min over the last two weeks, along with just one steal and 0.4 blocks. He has significant holes in his game. 

He's never gotten this many minutes in his career, we are just beginning to see the player he really is. Let's pick this convo back up in 2 weeks time. Then we'll see whether I'm right or wrong. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dropped Justin Holiday just because Simmons will have better ROS value or at least a clearer ROS outlook as compared to Holiday.   The man can ball and he's never been given an opportunity

Jonathon simmons is TJ Warren lite.

Him and Andrew Wiggins are very comparable fantasy wise. I think they're the same fantasy asset actually.    I got him off WW and he's been a great if you don't expect too much. Definitely d

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

He's never gotten this many minutes in his career, we are just beginning to see the player he really is. Let's pick this convo back up in 2 weeks time. Then we'll see whether I'm right or wrong. 

Minutes or not he still doesn't have a very fantasy friendly game. Yeah man that's cool...we can revisit this down the road. 

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EzSteveO said:

I thought the guy who dropped J Simms last week even after he was having good games was crazy. I scooped him up and he’s been doing terrible for me now.. Maybe he knew something I didn’t. Oh well 

6 boards, 4 assists, 4 steals is terrible?? shot wasn't falling but he's other numbers are not so weak

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 12:56 PM, mackdonald said:

today was a decent game. players go cold and he put up the accounting stats. This is a similar situation to Josh Richardson... once the shots fall it'll be all gravy.

most importantly is he's getting the minutes and shot attempts.

The issue I see with his fantasy game is that he doesn't do much outside of scoring and some rebounds. Barely 0.8 spg with 0.2blk. When his shot is not falling, he becomes a drag with crap FG, no points and no stocks. And he needs 30+ minutes to do all these. 

Add that Gordon and Fournier now healthy.

He does have value in certain areas. But I would only add him if I desperately need points and some rebounds with inconsistent treys and almost 1 spg. Even the permanent spot for Simmons for those stats are easily streamed. 

Edited by andriask
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Donqueefa said:

Simmons might be relevant again? (or is DJA a better add)

I preferred Simmons since they've used him to start the PG or start at the 2/3 and play PG with the second unit.  I don't think we'll really know where they'll deploy him until Gordon is back, and that might not be until after the ASB.  

• 1 month later...