NBC Sports Edge Forums

#2 Pick 10 team 10 Cat (DD, TO) H2H League - WHIR

So got draft in just under 24 hours, and due to work I've barely had any time to prepare this year. Got #2 pick in our 10 team, 10 cat (DD, TO) so pretty much got the pick of the litter this year, and could throw a blanket over the top 6.

I'm assuming Giannis goes Pick 1, I have no idea who I'll take at 2. Had Westbrook last year (so have enjoyed the highs and lows he brings haha) but leaning towards KAT this year as I feel although Butler is there, I can't see him losing too many touches compared to Westbrook/Harden in their current situations. Then you have KD who is always a safe bet as well.

If you had your ideal Pick 2, who would you take and then try build around with at pick 19 and 22?

Drop your links, WHIR where I can :D

Edited by DamoESP
12 hours ago, coyote_5 said:

I'm in the same spot - drafting #2 in a 10team H2H 9 cat league.  If Giannis goes 1, I'm leaning KD.  But I'm also leaning towards trading #2 for #8 and #33.  Do you think there's enough value in that?

Havent really traded picks before so can't really offer much advice on if thats value or not sorry.

Bump 

30 minutes ago, Rottweilers4Life said:

I say either KD or Harden.  Personally I like Harden due to scarcity of assists.

Need Help: In a vacuum which side do you like of Porzingis, Olynyk, and Rudy Gay vs. Millsap, Gary Harris, and Reggie Jackson.

In a vacuum, I prefer the Porzingis side. I think his stock is going to raise this year being the number 1 option at the Knicks, and I feel that Rudy Gay will thrive in the spurs system.

3 hours ago, Ryantheriipa said:

For me it's KAT at that pick for you, especially with your cats. Def not Harden as someone else said, since that's like an automatic punt or close to it. Bigs are scarce this year so take the best one. 

Yeah thats what I'm leaning towards.

4 hours ago, Rottweilers4Life said:

I say either KD or Harden.  Personally I like Harden due to scarcity of assists.

Need Help: In a vacuum which side do you like of Porzingis, Olynyk, and Rudy Gay vs. Millsap, Gary Harris, and Reggie Jackson.

Harden's assists are going to go down this year. I would also go KAT or Durant. Neither is a bad pick. 

With the DD cat in, trading #2 for #8 and #33 is not a bad option.

With a little bit of luck you can end up with someone like KAT, AD or even Steph at 8. If not, you can always pick up Wall + Gobert/Whiteside/Jokic on the turn and you can build easy from there.

So got called into work just before the draft, so was distracted while I was drafting and had some auto picks etc. Not sure how I feel about this team at all....

2    Karl-Anthony Towns, Min C  
19    Draymond Green, GS SF  
22    CJ McCollum, Por PG  
39    Paul Millsap, Den PF  
42    Jrue Holiday, Nor PG  
59    Goran Dragic, Mia PG  
62    Otto Porter Jr., Wsh SF  
79    Willy Hernangomez, NY C  
82    Gary Harris, Den SG  
99    TJ Warren, Pho SF  
102    Marvin Williams, Cha SF  
119    Joe Ingles, Utah PF  
122    Rajon Rondo*, Nor PG  
139    JaMychal Green, Mem PF 

Already dropping Ingles, moving Rondo to IR so got two spots to fill from the WW..... Might try moving a PG on for another big