NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kemba Walker 2017-2018 Season Outlook

didnt see a thread

continued to be more efficient and increased that fg%, 3pt%, threes, and pts 

love what he offers and shooting 3 threes on 40% from deep is huge

any reason for the decline in steals? just used more energy on off because thats what was needed? would love to see his steals come back up to 1.5-1.7 but cant complain with a 23/3/4/5/1.1/0.5

2 t/o/45%/85%

• Like 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40 pts 4 stls 6 treys   Another fantasy goldmine.

I don't think SAS is such a bad landing spot for Kemba, especially with Kawhi shutting down now. Parker is obvious breaking down, P Mills is not their ultimate solution. Unless they are so confident i

True.  Not to mention, Charlotte isn't going to trade just Kemba....Kemba is trade bait from what I understand.  He's a toss in to make taking Batum, Dwight seem palatable.    So, are people

Posted Images

I'm slightly worried about what the loss of Batum is going to mean for them and Kemba specifically. On the one hand his usage might increase and his assists might move up a bit to 6.5 or 7 dimes per game. On the other hand, he could end up going back to that 39%/40% shooter from a few years back. That team looks like a wasteland offensively.  I'm a little chicken to find out what happens. I have him ranked lower than Pgs like Conley, Lowry. Seems like he carries some risk this year. Gms should be careful. 

3 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

I'm slightly worried about what the loss of Batum is going to mean for them and Kemba specifically. On the one hand his usage might increase and his assists might move up a bit to 6.5 or 7 dimes per game. On the other hand, he could end up going back to that 39%/40% shooter from a few years back. That team looks like a wasteland offensively.  I'm a little chicken to find out what happens. I have him ranked lower than Pgs like Conley, Lowry. Seems like he carries some risk this year. Gms should be careful. 

I respectfully disagree.  Especially in punt fg% setting, he is close to a sure thing in my eyes (barring injury of course.)  If anything I could see his fg% dropping a little from last year, where he shot so well, but everything else should be consistent, if not improved with Batum out for a bit.  I think he is a safe player to draft because you know what he will give you.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

yea some valid points but how much of kembas increased threes/% are attributed to batum compared to kemba getting older and developing better shot selection 

pre batum he had 3 years of 1.3-1.5 threes on 30%-33% 

with batum last 2 years 2.2 and 3 threes on 37% and 40% (age 25 and 26 seasons)

there is some risk but conley/lowry arent the poster boys of health

i think mccollum would be a safer pick with less upside for multiple cat but will come close with the 3's pts and have that elite pg fg%

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

I respectfully disagree.  Especially in punt fg% setting, he is close to a sure thing in my eyes (barring injury of course.)  If anything I could see his fg% dropping a little from last year, where he shot so well, but everything else should be consistent, if not improved with Batum out for a bit.  I think he is a safe player to draft because you know what he will give you.

I hear you. I typically play in roto formats where i decline from punting any cat. If sub 40% Kemba comes back again you are toast in fg%

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

I could see the FG % issue for sure, but Batum's timeline is 6-8 weeks so basically 1/4 of the season, not really worth sweating that much. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, 12 of 13 from the line?  And he's doing it regularly.  I wasn't expecting free throw shooting like this from him, but it's definitely welcome.  I thought I'd have to semi-punt FT% with my team, but instead I've been very competitive, almost entirely thanks to Kemba.  He's really learned how to get to the line (averaging 7+ free throws per game, 2 more than his previous career high), and he's shooting around 90% so far (after this game).  What a weapon that's become for him, in real life and fantasy.  Taking him to a new level of stardom ...well done sir.

1 hour ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

Wow, 12 of 13 from the line?  And he's doing it regularly.  I wasn't expecting free throw shooting like this from him, but it's definitely welcome.  I thought I'd have to semi-punt FT% with my team, but instead I've been very competitive, almost entirely thanks to Kemba.  He's really learned how to get to the line (averaging 7+ free throws per game, 2 more than his previous career high), and he's shooting around 90% so far (after this game).  What a weapon that's become for him, in real life and fantasy.  Taking him to a new level of stardom ...well done sir.

Getting more calls because he was an all-star last year.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JooCraig said:

How serious is a "shoulder contusion"? They've been off quite a while I didn't expect him to miss the game. 

a "contusion" is a fancy word for bruise.  You know, a little achy muscle and nothing ibuprofen couldn't knock out.  These sissy soft era athletes will find any excuse not to play.  You wouldn't find this in the 70's and 80's, heck even the 90's.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Born_Slippy said:

Seeing that the Hornets are totally f*cked, should we be worried about Kemba and rest?

I'm seriously considering trading now.

Tought about that as well still i see them in the mix for last spot..

They have 6 home games in their next 7 (i guess Miami and Knicks are must win as there are bucks(x2),Raptors and celtics in the mix),and they fare much better at home so its opportunity for Kemba to get hot,i dont think you have to rush trading him its still early and they should remain within striking distance