NBC Sports Edge Forums

Westbrook for Batum, Ibaka, Nurkic, Beal, Fair? Winner?

Hi all, 12 team, Yahoo Roto league.

My team is:

PG Stephen Curry

SG James Harden

G B. Beal

SF Thad Young

PF S. Ibaka

F Brandon Ingram

C J. Nurkic

C Frank Kaminsky

UTIL N. Mirotic

UTIL Jordan Clarkson

Bench: Zach Randolph, Will Barton, T. Ross

IR: N. Batum

I'm trading the 4 for Westbrook to have Curry, Harden, Westbrook.

Is this an unfair trade? It was vetoed initially, then we posted about it to get opinions, and people are saying it is fair, but one person was adamant that I was the one getting ripped off.

What are your thoughts on the deal?

Would you make this deal?

It was an auction league. I never intended to have both superstars, but the league was very weary on spending big money, so I snabbed curry for $69 and Harden for 67$ when they normally go towards 80$.

Just now, CrypTviLL said:

It was an auction league. I never intended to have both superstars, but the league was very weary on spending big money, so I snabbed curry for $69 and Harden for 67$ when they normally go towards 80$.

That's crazy. My apologies then. 

I wouldn't do that to the owner because Batum is hurt and whose to say he will be right after he comes back. Besides, Westbrook is one of those players that can singlehandedly win you the league. Having him, Curry, and Harden is a severe unfair advantage. 

But ultimately it's your team and you can do whatever you want with it. If it's veto'd, it's veto'd. 

I'd be the one getting Westbrook to have all three. The people in my league think I am the one getting ripped off. They said that all 4 players for just Westbrook made me an 'idiot.'

Lol.

I'm pretty happy with how it's all turned out, :D. Having three superstars on one team would be pretty incredible, even tho the rest of my team is a**!

3 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

I'd be the one getting Westbrook to have all three. The people in my league think I am the one getting ripped off. They said that all 4 players for just Westbrook made me an 'idiot.'

Lol.

I'm pretty happy with how it's all turned out, :D. Having three superstars on one team would be pretty incredible, even tho the rest of my team is a**!

Oh ok.

I wouldn't do it personally because you need depth and two of those players ( Nurkic and Beal ) have top 20 ceiling. Lol that's nuts. Good luck in your league. 

12 teamer? Do it and be active on the ww. There should be a lot of decent guys available to stream.

Nurkic and Batum are always injured, Beal is made of glass and Ibaka is very meh in fantasy.

I think when you have a chance to get all 3 of those guys on your team, you should do it. You can always trade one away later. 

Go big or go home. Punt FG and TO hard.

Plus I think that team would be fun.

4 hours ago, johnnyidra said:

12 teamer? Do it and be active on the ww. There should be a lot of decent guys available to stream.

Nurkic and Batum are always injured, Beal is made of glass and Ibaka is very meh in fantasy.

I think when you have a chance to get all 3 of those guys on your team, you should do it. You can always trade one away later. 

Go big or go home. Punt FG and TO hard.

Plus I think that team would be fun.

Yeah the team would look fun. But this is roto, where you shouldn't be punting any cats.  It's very hard to win with 1 pt in a single category in Roto. You make that trade, you're last or next to last in blocks, rebs, turnovers and probably fg%. Might even struggle with points too. You'd be like  a 50 pt team, max. Also, a 12 team league is not shallow at all, it's pretty tough to be active on the WW