Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Friday, he was asked when he'll know the time is right to seek his own shot more.   "Right now, right now," he said. "I'm going back to putting the ball in the basket. I like to put the b

*15

=IF(Jimmy+IR,”HOLD”,”DROP”) Very simple 

Posted Images

They really need to trade Wiggins if the Wolves ever want to go anywhere.

 

Last year I thought Lavine was just as much of the problem as Wiggins with jacking shots and making other otherwise good players useless (like Rubio was for half the year).

 

I don't own Butler, but it's all Wiggins in terms of Butler's problem. The pecking order should be Towns & Butler as the clear top two, and then Wiggins. Wiggins plays with no urgency and is like Rudy Gay where he is just an empty scorer that doesn't truly impact the game. And the sooner he does get what he really should be and focus more on D the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

They really need to trade Wiggins if the Wolves ever want to go anywhere.

 

Last year I thought Lavine was just as much of the problem as Wiggins with jacking shots and making other otherwise good players useless (like Rubio was for half the year).

 

I don't own Butler, but it's all Wiggins in terms of Butler's problem. The pecking order should be Towns & Butler as the clear top two, and then Wiggins. Wiggins plays with no urgency and is like Rudy Gay where he is just an empty scorer that doesn't truly impact the game. And the sooner he does get what he really should be and focus more on D the better.

 

you haven't been playing fantasy basketball too long mate..wiggins doesn't come close to memphis rudy gay. that bloke's top 30-50 and was an all around player.

 

Edited by ALTernative
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALTernative said:

 

you haven't been playing fantasy basketball too long mate..wiggins doesn't come close to memphis rudy gay. that bloke's top 30-50 and was an all around player.

 

 

Not comparing Wiggins and Gay in terms of fantasy basketball stats. When I say not truly having an impact on the game, I wasn't talking about Fantasy. I am talking about the lack of impact they have on their teams success in reality.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On Friday, he was asked when he'll know the time is right to seek his own shot more.

 

"Right now, right now," he said. "I'm going back to putting the ball in the basket. I like to put the ball in the basket. I think I've gotten really good at it over the years, so we'll see a different player from here on out."

 

Leadership isn't about scoring points, to tell you the truth," Butler said. "But I do think I have to start scoring the ball a lot more. I think I've come too far to be as passive as I am right now. I'm always going to pass the ball to the open man, but if I feel like I can get my shots off and think I can make it, I'm going to take each and every one of those."

 

 

Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau last week acknowledged Butler "might be overdoing it" by "trying to get everyone else going."

On Friday, Thibodeau said, "Jimmy will figure it out. Right now, he's doing a lot of things. He has had a huge impact on us in terms of winning, but he can have even more of an impact as he continues to be more aggressive, too."

 

Butler defends nightly, now he promises he'll score more, too.

 

He was asked if he felt it was important to be more playmaker than scorer until now.

"I don't know," he said. "It's important to see what different roles can play in winning a basketball game. I just know what I can bring to the table in all aspects of the game. I know the reasons they wanted me here and a big part of it is scoring, closing out games, guarding, getting everyone involved. So I'll be a new player from here on out."

 

http://m.startribune.com/wolves-jimmy-butler-vows-to-take-on-a-scoring-burden/456711423/

 

 

BUY LOW 

Edited by XOrad10
  • Thanks 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Leadership isn't about scoring points, to tell you the truth," Butler said. "But I do think I have to start scoring the ball a lot more. I think I've come too far to be as passive as I am right now. I'm always going to pass the ball to the open man, but if I feel like I can get my shots off and think I can make it, I'm going to take each and every one of those."

 

 

Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau last week acknowledged Butler "might be overdoing it" by "trying to get everyone else going."

On Friday, Thibodeau said, "Jimmy will figure it out. Right now, he's doing a lot of things. He has had a huge impact on us in terms of winning, but he can have even more of an impact as he continues to be more aggressive, too."

 

Butler defends nightly, now he promises he'll score more, too.

 

He was asked if he felt it was important to be more playmaker than scorer until now.

"I don't know," he said. "It's important to see what different roles can play in winning a basketball game. I just know what I can bring to the table in all aspects of the game. I know the reasons they wanted me here and a big part of it is scoring, closing out games, guarding, getting everyone involved. So I'll be a new player from here on out."

 

http://m.startribune.com/wolves-jimmy-butler-vows-to-take-on-a-scoring-burden/456711423/

 

 

BUY LOW 

 

Thank you Thank you Thank you for this quote. You saved My friday, now I don’t have to listen to drake while crying on My bed

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully team will start evolving from here on out. Wiggins got some time in the spotlight, eventually teams would have had to start keying in on him and/or he would go through a slump.


Butler will have his run, and with both wings a major threat, and chemistry developed, Towns will probably go nuts.

 

I never doubt Jimmy Buckets, he didn't go from "hustle defender with no offense" to "NBA All Star starter" without a desire to always work on his game and improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...