NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Friday, he was asked when he'll know the time is right to seek his own shot more.   "Right now, right now," he said. "I'm going back to putting the ball in the basket. I like to put the b

=IF(Jimmy+IR,”HOLD”,”DROP”) Very simple 

Posted Images

So what's the consensus here?  Was this just a bad game against a tough Spurs D?  Or is he forcing shots and not driving to the basket/being aggressive?

I like his FG attempts, but the FT attemps are low suggesting he's just pulling up some jumpers.

I traded Shroder for him, but now I'm wondering if I should be trying to move Jimmy. Don't want to deal with a headache like this all season...

I think the consensus by now is that he will not match his ADP. And moving him at this point will net you players like Dennis Schroder... a mid round value at best. Im gonna have to agree with rotoworld at this point, and I am just hoping he returns top 40 value at this point....Hence the headache. 

20 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

He needs to get to the freethrow line 8 times minimum in the first half against Dallas. They have nobody who can matchup against him. No Jumpers Jimmy! Take it to the rack.

I don't think Jimmy wants to do that against Dallas and Carlisle - Noel in his two minutes of action will completely contain him!

Jimmy's made good on his promise so far. I'm still a little hesitant to fully buy into a top 25 Jimmy, but it's possible.

In his last 5 games, including the Spurs dud, Jimmy's delivered top 20 value on a per game average. If you take out that dud game, he'd get closer to top 10. 

I'm not saying Jimmy will be a top 10 player, but it's clear that the opportunity is there for him to ball out and get closer to his ADP.

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1

Today Rotoworld is back on board Jimmy Buckets' train as a first rounder. These guys are so mercurial with their blurbs, it has become officially annoying and has compromised the value of their analysis.

Jared Johnson: "Butler only needs roughly a 25 usage to churn out first-round value, and I think there’s a good chance he could be in the top-10 conversation once he gets his shooting percentage closer to his career average of 44.6. Congrats if you bought low, because Buckets has got nowhere to go but up."

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I was watching this game, and you knew he was going to miss that FT after this. Opposing players dicking around with his rhythm. Almost got sweet justice on the buzzer heave though. My Turner/Butler combo buy low is looking up!

• Like 1