NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Friday, he was asked when he'll know the time is right to seek his own shot more.   "Right now, right now," he said. "I'm going back to putting the ball in the basket. I like to put the b

=IF(Jimmy+IR,”HOLD”,”DROP”) Very simple 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, alexstr said:

He's playing like a ******** MAN out there.

25/5/7 with 0 TOs on 70% FG and 11/13 on FTs.

This is the Jimmy Butler I drafted

14 hours ago, MStreets said:

The Buy Low window is officially closed. 

12 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Dammit the buy low window closed Down right on My face while My head was halfway through the window 

31 minutes ago, newyorkspankees said:

Thar she blows....this is why you can't panic after a couple games

Idk...he took 10 shots in 39 minutes...zero 3's, zero steals, zero blocks.  Are we that excited?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hobbs28 said:

Idk...he took 10 shots in 39 minutes...zero 3's, zero steals, zero blocks.  Are we that excited?

-_-

You guys just can't be satisfied eh? Where was this when he had a 5 steal game a mere 4 games ago? Just let him get acclimated with his team or trade him if you're so worried lol

• Like 4
2 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

-_-

You guys just can't be satisfied eh? Where was this when he had a 5 steal game a mere 4 games ago? Just let him get acclimated with his team or trade him if you're so worried lol

it's not him we don't believe in, but he still only took 10 shots. That is a sign of where he is on the pecking order in that offense. He shouldn't have to shoot 70% to reach 20+ points, he should be getting more shots than Wiggins, but isn't.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

wiggins 15 shots, jimmy 7 shots. thibs needs to fix this. this is ridiculous. 

KAT 6 shots. if he didn't make most of them he wouldn't have very good averages. the wolves offense is terrible and in my honest opinion thibs is one of the worst coaches in modern nba. his reputation for teaching teams to be so good defensively is also overrated. that isn't really the problem tho he doesnt know how to create a good offense.

butler basically does nothing in the offense its sad to watch

As a Wolves fan, Wiggins is incredibly frustrating to pull for.  He has 0 energy on defense, will dominate a possession to take low percentage shots, and I'm pretty sure I've seen him take more 35 foot 3 pointers this year than Steph Curry (and generally he does it with plenty of time left on the shot clock).  Their defense is still the worst in the NBA, and three of their 4 wins this year have been by 3 points or less.  If they keep playing like this, there is no way they're getting a playoff spot.  Butler is this year's Rubio.  On most possessions he's the only guy getting after it on defense, rebounds, and passing up a shot.  It's crazy seeing a player of his skill set just sit in the corner during multiple full possessions not touching the ball.  

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

As a Wolves fan, Wiggins is incredibly frustrating to pull for.  He has 0 energy on defense, will dominate a possession to take low percentage shots, and I'm pretty sure I've seen him take more 35 foot 3 pointers this year than Steph Curry (and generally he does it with plenty of time left on the shot clock).  Their defense is still the worst in the NBA, and three of their 4 wins this year have been by 3 points or less.  If they keep playing like this, there is no way they're getting a playoff spot.  Butler is this year's Rubio.  On most possessions he's the only guy getting after it on defense, rebounds, and passing up a shot.  It's crazy seeing a player of his skill set just sit in the corner during multiple full possessions not touching the ball.  

Agreed completely. Wiggins is a black hole and is going to drag that team down for as long as they allow him to keep chucking. What a miserable player to watch. 

I had high hopes for the Wolves after they got Butler and before they gave up on Rubio. They would have had better perimeter defense and a better facilitator on offense. Shots would have been distributed more evenly.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I love Jimmy I'm aggressively trying to trade for him he's one of my favourite players, but I have 0 confidence he will average more shots than Wiggins ever again.

tbh they need to rack up the Ls for that type of change to happen swiftly 

16 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

tbh they need to rack up the Ls for that type of change to happen swiftly 

Well they racked up their fair share of L's and still let Wiggins take ridiculous amounts of shots last season. KAT is incredibly efficient and if they want to win games, him and Butler are their only answers.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pdids911 said:

cant take wiggins' BS anymore. shipped jimmy off in a package deal for John Wall. just not feeling it this year. good luck all. 

Yup he is on my offload list as well. Aiming as high as possible, will take anything from Wall on up basically. If he comes around, we can calm down and ride the hot hand... but yeah, not really feeling good about it right now.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

It's crazy that Butler's value is actually the one taking a hit, not Teague, not Towns, not Wiggins. lol

well we all knew it wouldn't be towns. to be honest you should have seen a drop coming for butler, going from being the man on chicago with pure scrubs around him, to be being with one of the top 3 offensive bigs in the league and wiggins + teague.

I didn't except this much up of a drop off but if you watch thibs pathetic offensive schemes being run and just see butler playmaking or sitting on the perimeter you can easily see why the stats are not there. 

14 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

dude doesnt "just stand in the corner", he literally just stands in the corner. like, its not an overexaggeration at all. 

He's too brilliant a player to accept that for too long, trust me. I don't think he'll get back to Chicago numbers, but I'm expecting him to iron out to 85-90% of his Chicago stats and that's fine enough for me 

I'm very concerned as an owner in a couple of leagues. On the one hand, I am hopeful that he's still getting up to speed from that upper respiratory infection. On the other hand its clear that KAT and sadly WIggins are the featured co-alpha males on this team. Sure Butler will certainly have better days ahead, but I am skeptical that he'll return value based on where he was selected in drafts which was routinely in the top 20. As an owner based on what I've observed, I'd be happy if he averaged 18ppg-7rpg-5apg with his typical percentages and elite steals. Barring an injury or some other roster change, I'm bearish he'll average 20 points. 

16 minutes ago, Samblacksmith said:

Would you guys rather have him or Melo?

it's kind of crazy that this is a legit question right now - i would still take butler but it's close now, melo playing much better than most people expected in OKC and butler struggling somewhat. I would still take butler for the elite steals, but melo is better in several categories so far