NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Anybody still trying to buy low in Jimmy Butler?

Currently contemplating my Kemba and Markakken for Butler and Ingles. 

Went to this thread and it's seems you guys aren't believing that he'll return second round value.  Think he's just getting acclimated to his new team, or his he really taking a back seat this year?

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Friday, he was asked when he'll know the time is right to seek his own shot more.   "Right now, right now," he said. "I'm going back to putting the ball in the basket. I like to put the b

=IF(Jimmy+IR,”HOLD”,”DROP”) Very simple 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

Went to this thread and it's seems you guys aren't believing that he'll return second round value.  Think he's just getting acclimated to his new team, or his he really taking a back seat this year?

I know this isn't helpful but I have no idea.

On the one hand, the sample size is no longer that small.  He's only hit 20 points in 2 of 8 games.

OTOH, it's Jimmy Butler.  I can't see him averaging under 19/5/4 or so this year.  Guess we'll see.

I bought low on Butler 2 weeks back. Thought he was back when he had two 20+ point games out of three, then he crapped the bed badlyyyyyy. I still think he can turn it around and average 19/5/5 while being elite in steals and FT......hopefully. 

59 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Went to this thread and it's seems you guys aren't believing that he'll return second round value.  

He's talked about winning as the first priority and not worrying about his role, so that says a lot. I've marked him down to third round expectations, but I'm still a little worried about him returning that much.  If I can flip him in a 241 for a top 15 player, I'll do it in a heartbeat, otherwise not much choice but to remain patient.

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

I just read this thread after trading for him last night I thought it was robbery but others were surprised I made the trade how bad has Jimmy been. I got Butler and Ibaka for Embiid, Justin Holliday and Dion Waiters.

21 minutes ago, rando said:

He's talked about winning as the first priority and not worrying about his role, so that says a lot. I've marked him down to third round expectations, but I'm still a little worried about him returning that much.  If I can flip him in a 241 for a top 15 player, I'll do it in a heartbeat, otherwise not much choice but to remain patient.

So are you not trying to buy additional shares of Jimmy Buckets?

26 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

I'm not selling low on him.  I'd rather stick with him and see if he can return 2nd to 3rd round value than sell him for a non top 30 player.  It's not like he's going to do any worse.  

I'm trying to trade him for PG13 with other parts in the trade (mid and late rounders, their THJ+Warren <> my AB+Collins). 

If Jimmy has a good showing today, that's around 25/5/5 (huge if), the other dude will commit to the trade.

Fingers crossed!

27 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I'm trying to trade him for PG13 with other parts in the trade (mid and late rounders, their THJ+Warren <> my AB+Collins). 

If Jimmy has a good showing today, that's around 25/5/5 (huge if), the other dude will commit to the trade.

Fingers crossed!

Doubtful.  You're trying to get the best of it in all 3 facets.  Good Luck

1 hour ago, hobbs28 said:

Doubtful.  You're trying to get the best of it in all 3 facets.  Good Luck

Nah, it's a 3-team trade.

Team A gets: Jimmy, Simmons, Ibaka, Jaylen

Team B gets: Klay, Jrue, AB, Collins

Team C gets: PG, THJ, Warren 

I knew I wouldn't have gotten PG without working something out with another team. Team B loves Collins and AB so I got his players involved.

We'll see! Praying Jimmy has a good game today!

3 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Never thought I'd say this but at this point I'm considering benching him.

Ranked 124 in my 9-cat league....

I benched him this week (weekly roster, roto), but it's sad when I have to hope that Jimmy can clear 20 points in a game. Who would've thought eh? Prove me wrong Jimmy Crickets :lol:

1 minute ago, Dapro said:

Why he doesn't shoot ft anymore? he doesn't drive?

He doesn't feel the need of trying to take over and do everything himself as he plays within the half-court. That's the idea I get while watching him right now.

4 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Why he doesn't shoot ft anymore? he doesn't drive?

Teague is the primary ball-handler and initiates the offense.

Buckets used to be the primary ball handler.  Now, he just stands in the corner and does nothing.

2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I'm at a loss for words. He seriously gon average 10 points on Minnesota now?

Maybe not 10, but I can sadly see him averaging around 16.

His Usage Rate is 19.8 which is...literally...166th in the NBA.

He hardly touches the f***** ball...has to be one of the biggest fantasy disappointments this year.

Edited by alexstr
2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Maybe not 10, but I can sadly see him averaging around 16.

His Usage Rate is 19.8 which is...literally...166th in the NBA.

He hardly touches the f***** ball...

His value is plummeting with each passing day. I had an offer for Jrue+Dragic before and every other year I probably wouldn't take it, but now I'm seriously considering it.

This situation is unique. It's not conventional panic (because Jimmy isn't actually playing trash) - he's just happy being passive af.

Edited by ovofnd