NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMar DeRozan 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DeRozan's biggest weapons for me have always been his 22.0 + PPG, 80-85 FT%, and his popcorn stats. But this season, we're beginning to see him take some leaps that I believe many of us didn't see com

7 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

I got him at 24 which I thought was a steal 

Wouldnt call that a steal unless you're drafting for a specific punt. He is the 25th ranked player this year and he has been playing out of control so you probably got him at his exact value. 

7 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Iirc the Raps have played the fewest games out of all teams. That may be another reason DeRozan has flown under the radar.

Well... that and he plays for Toronto. Doesn't get alot of publicity. 

Boy I've always avoided drafting him because of his lack of 3's, but this new found 3 point stroke per game puts him in Jimmy B. territory. Scary. As a Raptors fan its a testament to how hard this dude works, he spent the entire offseason shooting a thousand 3 pointers a day... it's almost like he waited to show it off so scouting reports wouldn't catch on too quick or something.. because all of a sudden he's throwing up 4-5-6-7-9 3's a game.. that's unheard of for him. 

The #1 guy in my league owns Cousins, DD, and LeBron, the rest of his team absolutely sucks and he still gets away with murder because of these 3. 

12 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

One of the most underrated fantasy players and a FT anchor.  He's better then top 40 and we all know it.

TOP 40?! Dude is a top 15 player in the NBA no questions asked. Look at the Raptors record the past 4 years.. Still cant beleive Sports Illustrated rated Jae Crowder and Middleton above him smh lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Toronto416ix said:

TOP 40?! Dude is a top 15 player in the NBA no questions asked. Look at the Raptors record the past 4 years.. Still cant beleive Sports Illustrated rated Jae Crowder and Middleton above him smh lol

He's def better IRL than as a fantasy. IRL totally agree he's top 15 in fantasy he's probably top 25 when it comes to fantasy but can poke to more of a top 30 guy if hisshots aren't falling, but yahoo gives him no love on his ranks up until recently.

Flat out insulting they would say Middleton and Crowder are better though they clearly haven't been watching the Raptors the last few seasons and how talented of a scorer this man is and he's not in a system he can just flat out play. Just like Lowry, Derozan and the rest of the raptors crew get no love from mainsteam media.

New to fantasy basketball this year, I’ve been reading that it’d be wise to trade DD away soon because he only has 2 games championship week. This seems crazy to me but I’m not experienced enough to know. What do you guys think?

53 minutes ago, DMCO said:

New to fantasy basketball this year, I’ve been reading that it’d be wise to trade DD away soon because he only has 2 games championship week. This seems crazy to me but I’m not experienced enough to know. What do you guys think?

Actually, I feel this should be discussed here. This isn't restricted to a team's format or setting. In most standard playoff settings, raptors do in fact have a 2-game championship week. This CAN affect the outcome greatly. IMO, if you're locked for playoffs, start planning your playoff scheduling in the next several weeks, preferably after the real nba trade deadline. If you're still in the chase for a seed, I would focus on just that.

• Like 1

Love it.

Traded for him because of his 23 PPG and 80 FT% anchor, now getting those cats, plus 5.0 APG and 3.0 3PM over the last 3 weeks.

If he even averages 1.0-1.2 3PM a game for the rest of the season, he'll be a Top-35 player the rest of the way.

• 2 weeks later...