NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Buy Low / Sell High Thread

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, escanorvailfriks said:

I don't know if Crowder is a buy low. Currently ranks as 239 in BBM.

Crowder might have a late resurgence at some point this season, but honestly I don't think hes worth it at all, you could get better season long production off the wire if your league isnt too deep.

1 hour ago, Mad Luke said:

What do you guys think about Wes Matthews?

When I drafted him I did not expect him to be this good, which is why I'm concerned how long can he keep this up? Is he a sell high candidate or should I keep him?

With how fragile he is, I would sell.  However, if he beats the odds and stays healthy, there's literally no one else on that team who can score besides Dirk, and he's almost 40.

8 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

With how fragile he is, I would sell.  However, if he beats the odds and stays healthy, there's literally no one else on that team who can score besides Dirk, and he's almost 40.

Seth Curry also has to affect his value when he returns.

Disagree on Jaylen Brown being a Sell-high.  I actually see him improving throughout the year.

Sell high for me:

Rudy Gay (Kawhi returning)

Hasaan Whiteside and Blake Griffin (Will likely get a serious injury sometime this year)

Eric Gordon - Won't play like this once CP3 gets back. Won't average 3.9 threes per game.

Tyreke Evans- Just feel that he'll taper off. That 49% FG won't stand. Neither will his 84.9% FT. Would try to sell high to someone who only looks at Yahoo ranking numbers.

Buy low for me:

Willie Cauley Stein - I keep thinking he'll start turning things around. 

Kyle Lowry

Jimmy Butler

Chris Paul and Kawhi (I love poaching injured players from frustrated owners)

Edited by Rotokilla
27 minutes ago, Rotokilla said:

Disagree on Jaylen Brown being a Sell-high.  I actually see him improving throughout the year.

Sell high for me:

Rudy Gay (Kawhi returning)

Hasaan Whiteside and Blake Griffin (Will likely get a serious injury sometime this year)

Eric Gordon - Won't play like this once CP3 gets back. Won't average 3.9 threes per game.

Tyreke Evans- Just feel that he'll taper off. That 49% FG won't stand. Neither will his 84.9% FT. Would try to sell high to someone who only looks at Yahoo ranking numbers.

Buy low for me:

Willie Cauley Stein - I keep thinking he'll start turning things around. 

Kyle Lowry

Jimmy Butler

Chris Paul and Kawhi (I love poaching injured players from frustrated owners)

Whiteside has been a fairly healthy player 77 games last year and 73 games the year before. Why would you say he's likely to get a serious injury?

On 11/9/2017 at 1:45 AM, LosingEffort said:

Buy low : Jimmy Bucket 

Sell high: Markkanen,  Sabonis, Oladipo 

Don't touch: Favors, Noel, Bro-Lo, Monroe 

I just scooped Favors off the waivers, since gobert is out. I'm hoping for impressive stats so I can sell high 3-4 weeks down the line, when gobert is close to coming back

26 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

darren collison

Buy low or sell high? I'm personally trying to get rid of Collison as I see him and Joseph gradually settling into a timeshare.

Just now, K50K said:

Buy low or sell high? I'm personally trying to get rid of Collison as I see him and Joseph gradually settling into a timeshare.

haha ive seen both sides of the spectrum so cant fault you there

i believe he is a buy low, joseph and him have both gotten minutes above 25 multiple times in the same games (with collison usually hitting the 30+ min mark) so the minutes wont be all that different from we have seen

This is as big of a timeshare as we will see IMO and collison is still getting 30 mins, yes he is VERY inconsistent but the law of averages will have him as a solid 3rd assist guy for a team, bad game and then crazy game will even out to 12-13 points with his 6 assists 1 trey 1 steal and solid % 

case of a high floor low ceiling guy hence why he has been a journeyman, he is a great stop gap PG until a team finds their guy

1 minute ago, Quazza said:

Just got offered Nurk and Bledsoe for my Cappella 

Certainly feels like a sell high moment 

agree

reluctantly sold him for CP3 + Brook lopez (14 team with like a million bench spots) since the only category one would lose there is REBS and FG% to an extent

hes not over performing though so get correct value for what he is currently doing however