Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me right now reading through this thread after dropping him this weekend    

Calling it right now. He'll lead the NBA in blocks this year.                         And steals, and points, and rebounds, and 3s, and

Posted Images

Yeah, sorry buddy...I absolutely had high hopes for you.  I dropped him in 2 leagues for Monroe.  I don't really get the trade for Monroe, since now they'll have Len, Chandler, Chriss, and Monroe on a rebuilding team.  Makes more sense to get a PG in return.  Whatever.

• Like 1

Does this trade really hurt Chriss though?? Chriss was not playing center minutes anyway. This trade hurts Len and Tyson a lot more. Monroe isn’t back for at least another week from injury so we/Chriss owners still have time to evaluate the situation.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Does this trade really hurt Chriss though?? Chriss was not playing center minutes anyway. This trade hurts Len and Tyson a lot more. Monroe isn’t back for at least another week from injury so we/Chriss owners still have time to evaluate the situation.  

well...it definitely doesn't bode well.  Bledsoe still has quite a big of trade value, as a starting caliber star PG...and instead of trading for another capable PG, the Suns nabbed yet ANOTHER big man to add to their lineup of Chriss, Len, and Tyson.  Given Chriss wasn't getting minutes anyway and considering all his issues of inconsistency and fouling, this doesn't look good for what the Suns are planning to do for the future.  I don't agree with it at all, and I think the Suns were a pretty Knicks-esque franchise (trading for, then trading away IT2; trading Dragic; giving up Frye, then the Morris twins for nothing; firing their HC (pretty decent coach in Hornacek) and GM; and playing old guys like Tyson rather than embracing a rebuilding youth culture).  However, it seems this is the way they're going.

Also consider that Monroe can and will play PF, as can Len.  It will probably look REALLY ugly if they choose to do so, but the Suns do have enough shooters to have 2 big men on the court.  At the very least, it's not like Chriss will explode (and as I finally drop him in 2 leagues, I'm betting he might just...so you're welcome in advance, other Chriss owners) because of this trade, so you might as well take the speculative adds and grab Chriss as a FA if your add (Henson/Monroe/M James) doesn't pan out.

Yeah, as I said earlier, I don't like what the Suns are doing.  But the guys over at the Monroe thread are suggesting that since he's got an expiring deal, he could just be bought out.  The Suns get rid of Bledsoe, can spend more money in the long-term, and also get a first round pick.  I STILL don't fully comprehend why they didn't just get another young player or a starting caliber PG, but whatever.  I'm not running a franchise.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

do we think that suns will be hiring a new head coach soon or will they stick with triano? this could affect chriss more than the bledsoe trade if he gets a new coach that may love or hate him

I think the Suns will roll with Triano for the year.  They've been playing decently since he took over and, while not great, he looks like Popovich compared to Earl Watson.

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

suns looking to trade monroe. maybe we get a miracle where monroe and chandler both get moved in trade and/or buyout. that would probably be needed to salvage chriss season

The Suns GM seems pretty content to stay pat at this point. What a dumpster fire. I drafted Chriss in the 9th, but I'm about ready to cut my losses. But there isn't anyone appealing to me on my wire. Jonathon Simmons, Kris Dunn, and that's about it. So I'm stuck. His trade value is low too lol this is a hopeless situation!

1 hour ago, trusthaprocess said:

The Suns GM seems pretty content to stay pat at this point. What a dumpster fire. I drafted Chriss in the 9th, but I'm about ready to cut my losses. But there isn't anyone appealing to me on my wire. Jonathon Simmons, Kris Dunn, and that's about it. So I'm stuck. His trade value is low too lol this is a hopeless situation!

I'm not sure how to embed a link, but check out this article from yesterday, titled "Report: After Eric Bledsoe swap, Suns want to trade Greg Monroe"

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-eric-bledsoe-swap-suns-053040074.html

• Thanks 1