NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

40 minutes ago, markus85 said:

3rd foul now, in 5 mins on the court - he either really isn't bothered today, or has terrible timing with his block attempts.

20 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm done. His body language is awful, and he acts disinterested most of the time. I tried to be patient, but I'm done. I scooped up Monroe. 

He looks engaged. He's just not a bright player plus he's over eager on defense. Every single foul tonight is due to playing undisciplined. 3 of them were foolish attempts at blocking an attempt, and the last one was a ticky tack foul on Harden that was just unnecessary. 

I agree that, at times, he plays uninterested. But I don't see that as the case tonight. Like much of this season, he just gets exposed on the court for being too eager to make plays. It's easy work for anyone he's guarding.

He's just Tyrus Thomas rebooted. He's not good enough to be considered Anthony Randolph

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me right now reading through this thread after dropping him this weekend    

Calling it right now. He'll lead the NBA in blocks this year.                         And steals, and points, and rebounds, and 3s, and

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, tremixt said:

He looks engaged. He's just not a bright player plus he's over eager on defense. Every single foul tonight is due to playing undisciplined. 3 of them were foolish attempts at blocking an attempt, and the last one was a ticky tack foul on Harden that was just unnecessary. 

I agree that, at times, he plays uninterested. But I don't see that as the case tonight. Like much of this season, he just gets exposed on the court for being too eager to make plays. It's easy work for anyone he's guarding.

He's just Tyrus Thomas rebooted. He's not good enough to be considered Anthony Randolph

Good points. I just feel like he's a waste of a roster spot at this point, especially if you're not in 1st place (I'm not).

22 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Good points. I just feel like he's a waste of a roster spot at this point, especially if you're not in 1st place (I'm not).

I agree I can't take it anymore.. even though I'm in keeper.. This guy has bust written all over him. I'm done

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Funny, I actually picked him up for the blocks.  

if your desperate for ~1.3 blks a game then sure. im done with him ,he kills you everywhere else. I didn't even realize hes shooting like  39%, i knew it was bad but not that bad..

25 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

feel like dudes gonna get benched for his mistakes and dragan bender maybe gonna take his mins.......... doesnt seem too far fetched the way hes playing

i blame the organization too/coach. blame is equal parts on both sides. booker/warren dominate the ball they need a better offensive system that involves everybody.

if brad stevens was the coach this would be a much different team, yet there arnt that many brad stevens around.

If BRad Stevens was the coach Chriss wouldn't see the floor.  I say that as someone who has watched a lot of his games and LOVES his tool set. He needs 1-2 years sitting under a veteran mentor and good coaching. He CAN be a monster. He won't reach his potential unless he gets a coach who is willing to invest. To be honest he would be better off in college under a good coach (not at Washington). 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, GJDHouse said:

If BRad Stevens was the coach Chriss wouldn't see the floor.  I say that as someone who has watched a lot of his games and LOVES his tool set. He needs 1-2 years sitting under a veteran mentor and good coaching. He CAN be a monster. He won't reach his potential unless he gets a coach who is willing to invest. To be honest he would be better off in college under a good coach (not at Washington). 

Yikes, he played at Washington? He’s dumb and he played for Lorenzo Romar? He’s toast. 

You guys talk about these players on your fantasy teams as if they're machines. He's a young a developing player (center) who is still learning to play in the world's most competitive basketball league and is a little eager on defense. Still, I think he has amazing potential and will be a fine player. I have him and intend to keep him unless he's benched or gets injured. I suggest you amazing fantasy GMs drop him and move on. 

I am in a daily league that has no games played limit and a limit of seven weekly transactions. I cut him for a streamer spot. 7 games played from that streaming slot is now worth more to me than Chriss' upside come fantasy playoff time.

42 minutes ago, theantishere said:

For people that owned him last year and this year....what's changed? How was he such a beast for the second half last year, and is pretty much the biggest bust this year?

They shut down Bledsoe and Tyson during the 2nd half and started him at PF/C. (More usage - shots and minutes)

Earl Watson was also more generous with minutes and he didnt have as much competition: Bender was arguably more raw than him last year (Bender actually improved).

I dislike Triano’s rotations but they sometimes resemble a professional basketball team now instead of the 2nd half FFA last year. Watson didn’t really know what he was doing - seemed more like a life coach than a head coach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1