• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me right now reading through this thread after dropping him this weekend    

Calling it right now. He'll lead the NBA in blocks this year.                         And steals, and points, and rebounds, and 3s, and

Posted Images

On 2018-02-01 at 12:20 AM, FreeJordanBell said:

Got rid of all my headache players w trades/drops so I could cope w the biggest headache of all time....marquese chriss. I’m finally ready fr this headache !!!

Got a fever after this and might have lost my job Idk. No bloody coincidence. I picked up a softer headache...Josh Jackson. Im sorry to all faithful owners

Edited by FreeJordanBell

Hold to see what happens next game after his timeout for being a bad boy last game lol. He was great before the injury and then first game back again went for 15 and 12 with 2 steals and 1 block. Potential is too much now with Monroe gone and Chandler nearing a shutdown. Also remember that len constantly is injured.

I'm advising you guys to hold for 2 more games that he plays. If both are trash then drop because i probably will also

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Over 1,000 replies about this bum. I'll never understand it lol. 

Because talking about studs that produce game in and game out is boring. Because talking about talent-less scrubs that have limited upside is boring. Because Chriss has tons of talent and when he has put it together he has put up some monster games. And Chriss is just 20 while guys like Kuzma are 22. 

Before Chriss got hurt, he had put together 6 games where he averaged about 12pts/8.5rebs/2assts/2 stls/1.5blks while shooting over 50pct from the field and hitting about 2 3's a game. 

He's obviously a head case and may never figure it out, but he has more upside than most players in the FA pool. 

36 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Hold to see what happens next game after his timeout for being a bad boy last game lol. He was great before the injury and then first game back again went for 15 and 12 with 2 steals and 1 block. Potential is too much now with Monroe gone and Chandler nearing a shutdown. Also remember that len constantly is injured.

I'm advising you guys to hold for 2 more games that he plays. If both are trash then drop because i probably will also

Just give up, man! Its not his time! Next season, hopefully!

47 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Because talking about studs that produce game in and game out is boring. Because talking about talent-less scrubs that have limited upside is boring. Because Chriss has tons of talent and when he has put it together he has put up some monster games. And Chriss is just 20 while guys like Kuzma are 22. 

Before Chriss got hurt, he had put together 6 games where he averaged about 12pts/8.5rebs/2assts/2 stls/1.5blks while shooting over 50pct from the field and hitting about 2 3's a game. 

He's obviously a head case and may never figure it out, but he has more upside than most players in the FA pool. 

I'm not sure you just called Kyle Kuzma a less talented scrub or not, but since you put them in the same sentence for some reason, I'll role with it. 

He's 10x more polished than Chriss is. From offensive footwork to fundamental defense. Getting steals and blocks does not make someone a good defender. When I say fundamental defense, actually guarding someone without fouling, knowing when to switch, follow your assignment. No stat-hunting.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzma btw ( fantasy wise ). His ceiling is like around Harrison Barnes. The real difference is, once the Lakers get rid of some of their frontcourt pieces, Kuzma is obviously the next Lakers cornerstone player. Chriss will be out of the league in a couple more years.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'm not sure you just called Kyle Kuzma a less talented scrub or not,

You're not sure, because I didn't, you just didn't read carefully enough. 

20 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

He's 10x more polished than Chriss is. From offensive footwork to fundamental defense. Getting steals and blocks does not make someone a good defender. When I say fundamental defense, actually guarding someone without fouling, knowing when to switch, follow your assignment. No stat-hunting.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzma btw ( fantasy wise ). His ceiling is like around Harrison Barnes. The real difference is, once the Lakers get rid of some of their frontcourt pieces, Kuzma is obviously the next Lakers cornerstone player. Chriss will be out of the league in a couple more years.

Yeah, Kuzma is more polished. Kuzma is 2 years older. Some players take time to become polished. 

GIannis came into this league as a raw 19 year old and in his rookie year averaged 6ppg. In year two he averaged just 12ppg. Now he is evolved into a superstar. Before you freak out again, obviously Chriss isn't going to become the next Giannis, but he could evolve into a very good all around fantasy player since he has already shown, at 20, the ability to be a 14-9-2-2-1 type guy. 

Chriss showed some signs of taking the next step before his injury. This latest suspension does not help things. But the team seems pretty intent on developing Chriss despite his lackadaisical play/attitude. Those are the reasons a guy like Chriss has 41 page thread while scrubs like Monroe have nothing going on in this forum. We already know what Monroe was/is/will be. Chriss could be out of the league in 3 years. He could also be a fantasy stud in 3 years. That's the reason for debate and 41 pages.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Benched for Bender tonight. 

Pretty sure it's just part of his little discipline for beefing the assistant coach. Important part will be if he gets 25+ min and shows effort. If he does I expect he will replace bender by the end of this week. If he doesn't and sucks well then we can probably drop and no one will claim off waivers and if he snaps back into it later grab him again. 

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Pretty sure it's just part of his little discipline for beefing the assistant coach. Important part will be if he gets 25+ min and shows effort. If he does I expect he will replace bender by the end of this week. If he doesn't and sucks well then we can probably drop and no one will claim off waivers and if he snaps back into it later grab him again. 

Dragan Bender getting start tonight for Suns. Not a punishment for Chriss. Without Booker, Suns need shooters, and a big who can draw Randle or Lopez away from basket
Just now, brosephd said:

woulda done good vs the lakers in a fast pace game. holding til trade deadline. will probably my first drop if need be for a hot FA due to a trade. 

Yup he’s my first drop for the deadline Thursday as well.  

scott bordow
@sbordow
For those still wondering if Chriss and the Suns are in a bad place, he and Triano were doing a one-legged half-court shot challenge after the shootaround and yukking it up. Suns pleased with how Chriss handled his "non-suspension."

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, chud12 said:

scott bordow
@sbordow
For those still wondering if Chriss and the Suns are in a bad place, he and Triano were doing a one-legged half-court shot challenge after the shootaround and yukking it up. Suns pleased with how Chriss handled his "non-suspension."

Growing pains. 2nd year on his rookie contract. He can somewhat salvage this season, but he best come into next year with his head right. Upside is there, his head is another story..

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Having a decent game.

This kid clearly has talent, he just needs time to mature.

Really looks terrible, if you're watching the games.  But we got two threes, and a block out of him.

Just now, python3 said:

Really looks terrible, if you're watching the games.  But we got two threes, and a block out of him.

I don't know, I am happy with 10/6/3 with 2 threes and 2 blks while coming off the bench.

Then again, I am in a deep league.

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

I don't know, I am happy with 10/6/3 with 2 threes and 2 blks while coming off the bench.

Then again, I am in a deep league.

I'm fine with the numbers.  Had him all season.  Watching him play is some sadomasochistic ritual I endure.

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, python3 said:

I'm fine with the numbers.  Had him all season.  Watching him play is some sadomasochistic ritual I endure.

Are you telling me that fat bankshot three he made doesn't make you jump for joy!?!?  :P

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, brosephd said:

not bad but i would like more minutes.

I think it's a good sign for him if he put up these kind of numbers off the bench that were better than Bender's AND in half the time. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the starting lineup soon...he just needs to keep his head in the game and not give boneheaded fouls