NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jwook said:

DMC hype is dead. I had to actually search for the thread to find it.

While the hype might be dead, that wont matter if Mcfads takes his first carry for 12 yards.  This backfield will be 100% the hot hand every week IMO.  Whoever is chunking yards is going to be the guy.  Morris is the guy that will get the first show, but his pass catching ability will surely hinder the Cowboys playbook.  Which leads me to Rod Smith.  Everytime the guy gets the ball he is electrifying.  I think he is going to be the guy coming out on top.

3 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

I just did. Smith could run away with it... better schedule with a better line and Dion only catching like 2 balls at most this year so far

Dion avg 2 catches a gm tho.  Tough call, I made the move anyway lol.  I probably should of dropped Murray...

Edited by wjpvlc
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

6 weeks of no practice no games and playing seattle?

What are we thinking for zeke that week?

30 for 200 and 3?

let's not forget stuffing himself like a guy going to the chair, and having six whole weeks to find himself some new trouble ...

yeah, hard mofo pass on week 16. 

I'll admit that when I tried to get the Rod Smith hype train going a few weeks ago, I was being cheeky but I just picked him up (dropped Gallman (don't have Darkwa, was anticipating a Darkwa injury)).

I think he has a decent chance to blow up. It's true that he is very unlikely to get first crack at the job, but the guys ahead of him have their own problems:

-Morris was always a below-average athlete and can't catch for s---. He is about to be 29. His best season was in 2012 and has gotten worse every single year he's been in the league. Hasn't played significant football in 2 seasons.

-McFadden is 30 and has has a long history of injuries, specially in the leg/foot, which must have taken a toll on his divisiveness. He's had two kinda good seasons in 10 seasons (one of which did come in 2015, but it was behind the most dominant OL in the league. He also could not beat Joseph Randle for the starting job that year).

Like I said a few weeks ago, Rod Smith started out with Seattle, who in recent years has had a great eye for spotting great RB talent that falls through the cracks: Rawls (rookie year), Prosise, McKissic, Alex Collins, Chris Carson. Rod Smith could very easily be the next Chris Carson (minus injury, pls).

12 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Any of you Smith owners had DMC still on the wire? 

I have 3 shares of Smith, Mcfadden is on those same 3 teams, Morris on 1 of them. Smith is the lone Cowboy RB on 1 of 9 wire's of myne I have no drop though already have Morris and Mcfadden there though.

22 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

While the hype might be dead, that wont matter if Mcfads takes his first carry for 12 yards.  This backfield will be 100% the hot hand every week IMO.  Whoever is chunking yards is going to be the guy.  Morris is the guy that will get the first show, but his pass catching ability will surely hinder the Cowboys playbook.  Which leads me to Rod Smith.  Everytime the guy gets the ball he is electrifying.  I think he is going to be the guy coming out on top.

Zeke hasn’t been getting balls thrown his way lately so I think they’re ok with Morris. 

No reason to argue about it. we will see how it plays out. 

To me, the safest play is Morris. But it’s hard seeing him as a three down back. That may got to Smith, with DMC in there.

It’s just fun even thinking about this.