NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Mcfadden’s Appeal : you’ve heard of him before 

aaaand that’s it.

At least he actually did something before this season.  I get that you guys are desperate for a savior but this looks like a Dak game. 

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, urban2014 said:

At least he actually did something before this season.  I get that you guys are desperate for a savior but this looks like a Dak game. 

Desperation:

Younger enormous RB they’ve been raving about all year with plenty of smoke suggesting he will be involved  VS Old recognizable name who hasn’t put on a uniform all season, but you’ve heard of him before ... 

Thanks for stopping bye. “This looks like a Dak game” - very insightful 

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Desperation:

Younger enormous RB they’ve been raving about all year with plenty of smoke suggesting he will be involved  VS Old recognizable name who hasn’t put on a uniform all season, but you’ve heard of him before ... 

Dude teams do this all the time. They rave about players to make them feel like they belong.  Anyway not long to go now

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Desperation:

Childishly bickering about which non-starting RB is the better play is a pretty bad look.

21 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Problem is McFadden can catch as well and has a track record 

Problem is there isn't a question who the number 3 is, and thats Mcfadden.  The real question is "does Smith outshine Alf when he gets his snaps".  a young explosive rb that is handed the keys to a great offense with a very good line could win a championship.  Worst case scenario for Smith is Alf avg  5+ yards a carry today.

5 minutes ago, coleporter said:

. This reminds me of all the negativity  against Miles Austin just before he blew up. Realistically it's probably Morris, DMac then Smith but you never know. That's why fantasy football is fun.

Fun? You call FF fun? I probably age 3-4 years every football season because of FF. 

swtn.gif

Just now, charliehustler said:

Problem is there isn't a question who the number 3 is, and thats Mcfadden.  The real question is "does Smith outshine Alf when he gets his snaps".  a young explosive rb that is handed the keys to a great offense with a very good line could win a championship.  Worst case scenario for Smith is Alf avg  5+ yards a carry today.

Thank you. It is so blatantly obvious Mcfadden is useless - and yet we steal have to hear this nonsense, for what amounts to no other explanation than people heard of him before. 

I’m expecting a Morris / Smith split ... redzone / goal line role will be the one that matters most 

I think I may rather have Smith more in ppr 

He can't be a classic Rotoworld hype-fail. His thread is less than 100 pages and no one's posted the "It's happening!" gif.

His coach says he could be a three-down back, which is kind of meaningless. He averaged almost 4.5 YPC in the preseason, which is kind of meaningless, and he did catch passes in the preseason as well (7/57), which is kind of...well, you get it.

Which is not to say that you shouldn't start him. I'm going to, but the words "Here, hold my beer..." echoed in my head while I added him to my lineup.

giphy.gif

Another firm overreaction thread. 

Majority of league's have had Morris rostered since week 1. Rod Smith is a random grab that people were able to get easy, since nobody cares about him at all. So naturally the RW forums go nuts and hype this dude to firmly get stuck behind Morris all year. 

The random nobodies who people are able to grab for free get the most hype because he was easy to get. And their is a reason these dudes pan out 1% of the time. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Majority of league's have had Morris rostered since week 1. Rod Smith is a random grab that people were able to get easy, since nobody cares about him at all. So naturally the RW forums go nuts and hype this dude to firmly get stuck behind Morris all year. 

The random nobodies who people are able to grab for free get the most hype because he was easy to get. And their is a reason these dudes pan out 1% of the time. 

Things change. People had Alf rostered because he was the supposed lead dog after Zeke. If you want to ignore Jerry’s comments fine go ahead. But you can’t act like it’s not a warning sign. Wouldn’t you rather have heard Jones say something to the ilk of Smith is a nice backup but we are going to ride Alf now?

25 minutes ago, coleporter said:

. This reminds me of all the negativity  against Miles Austin just before he blew up. Realistically it's probably Morris, DMac then Smith but you never know. That's why fantasy football is fun.

That's why fantasy football is frustrating you mean? Haha

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

If Rotoworld is hyping him beyond reason then Reddit, Twitter and the Cowboys beat writers are too. 

31 minutes ago, coleporter said:

Wow that's a deep cut. game against the chiefs right?

Who was it that got hurt that week that opened the door for Miles? I can barely remember the details but I started Miles out of desperation and he had like 40

18 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

this thread isnt popular because we are over reacting to smith, Its hot because insecure Alf owners are coming in to tell us how its impossible for a more dynamic player to win the starting job. Should sound familiar.

Edited by charliehustler
Just now, Queequeg said:

If Rotoworld is hyping him beyond reason then Reddit, Twitter and the Cowboys beat writers are too. 

He goes against my typical stash guys with upside because they are involved in passing game and athletic.  He is an undrafted converted linebacker turned fullback turned running back.  Read enough Cowboys forums and hate on Alfred threads to convince me he at least has a shot at volume if they are applying hot hand here.

23 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You've been wrong about pretty much every "overreaction" thread regarding RBs. So...

49 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Your post contains no substance. There's literally not an ounce of objective analysis. All you did was give a bad opinion based on nothing