NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

You guys are deflecting. He was useless. 

This game didn’t do anything to hurt Smiths chances of winning the job. The line was garbage vs pass and run. I believe you were cheering for DMC so you have zero room to come in here to gloat. You are hating for hatings sake. 

Lets see if Mr Jones feels the sense of urgency and go for the spark plug 

Edited by charliehustler
4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Why don’t you list Morris’ stats for the entire game? 

Oh, they don’t fit the jag narrative - my bad 

Lol. It's the Rod Smith thread. The narrative revolves around Smith. 

Morris provided no spark to this offense. Led to many 3 and out drives in the first half. Dallas trailed early and never came back. 

Morris in the first half gave his first impression. 

Bottom line. If you own Smith, you understand where he is on the pecking order. Alfred Morris did not "run" away with the job/opportunity. 

Take a look at your bench, if you see someone else on the wire with greater upside...then grab him. Otherwise, there is still upside here. 

48 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Lol. It's the Rod Smith thread. The narrative revolves around Smith. 

Morris provided no spark to this offense. Led to many 3 and out drives in the first half. Dallas trailed early and never came back. 

Morris in the first half gave his first impression. 

He did in the second half. He got about 4 carries in a row and looked great. Might have been the 4th quarter. A couple runs of 10+.

Trying to being objective in fantasy helps a lot when trying to make correct decisions.

No one gave up a thing for Rod Smith. Therefore we are out nothing if his potential doesn't materialize. It'll suck if that's the case, but oh well. You take shots in FF, and usually you miss. But the fat lady hasn't sung yet on Rod Smith 2017 edition. This was just one game.

Edited by Anteater99
16 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

He did in the second half. He got about 4 carries in a row and looked great. Might have been the 4th quarter. A couple runs of 10+.

Trying to being objective in fantasy helps a lot when trying to make correct decisions.

No one gave up a thing for Rod Smith. Therefore we are out nothing if his potential doesn't materialize. It'll suck if that's the case, but oh well. You take shots in FF, and usually you miss. But the fat lady hasn't sung yet on Rod Smith 2017 edition. This was just one game.

I think I'm being objective. Cowboys had what 10 possessions this game? You highlighted one of them. 

Morris had 11 touches and Smith had 7. 

Morris so far did better in standard scoring..while Smith had the edge in PPR.  Absolutely correct the fat lady hasn't sung. Strong hold. 

Worth a speculative hold for another week if you can afford it. We learned that McFadden isn't really a workload threat and Smith looks to be the preferred back when the Cowboys are trailing.. Theoretically the eagles should be able to take a lead next week so Smith could get extra opportunities. 

31 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I think I'm being objective. Cowboys had what 10 possessions this game? You highlighted one of them. 

Morris had 11 touches and Smith had 7. 

Morris so far did better in standard scoring..while Smith had the edge in PPR.  Absolutely correct the fat lady hasn't sung. Strong hold. 

You said "Morris provided no spark to this offense" yet he had some good runs, including 2 that I know of (didn't watch every snap) that were 10+ yards. What constitutes "providing a spark"?

Like I said already, it was Rod in the first half, Morris in the second. How this shakes out is anyone's guess

They had 10 possessions and I highlighted the one where Morris "provided a spark" because you act like it never happened. Get it? Do I need to break down every series?

Edited by Anteater99
1 hour ago, charliehustler said:

I like seeing the 6 targets. I'd say right now I'd rank him wherever you have Marlon Mack.

Agreed.  It is tough to get a good read on the situation because Cowboys played so bad as a whole.  Tyron Smith being out really made this tough to gauge: seven sacks, down all game, run game mostly bottled up.  Just blah, really thought there would be a hot hand, easy decision to drop or not.  Positive is that McFadden looks to be out of the competition, which isn't surprising.

3 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

Agreed.  It is tough to get a good read on the situation because Cowboys played so bad as a whole.  Tyron Smith being out really made this tough to gauge: seven sacks, down all game, run game mostly bottled up.  Just blah, really thought there would be a hot hand, easy decision to drop or not.  Positive is that McFadden looks to be out of the competition, which isn't surprising.

Next week should be a good indicator of if he’ll get any use. They should be behind vs a stingy eagles rush D. Will be interested to see if he gets a little more play next week if game script plays out that way. That said he’s the last guy on my bench and could also get cut this week.

Edited by charliehustler
18 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Didn't look nearly as good as he did in the pre-season.

Guess that's what happens when you go from running against practice squad players and insurance agents to an actual NFL defense.

can't remember exactly which game but i saw him spell zeke in the regular season and he looked good. nice burst between the tackles. that's why i was a rod truther - the eye test. still holding, but i have no expectations.

1 minute ago, Anteater99 said:

can't remember exactly which game but i saw him spell zeke in the regular season and he looked good. nice burst between the tackles. that's why i was a rod truther - the eye test. still holding, but i have no expectations.

Against San Francisco's pathetic defense late in the 4th quarter (likely 2nd and 3rd stringers) already up by 30.

Ok.