NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

Why is this post Zeke backfield still a question? McFadden, Morris and Smith will be a RBBC if Zeke is out. It's what happens. They will be barely flex worthy, unable to predict week to week and virtually useless to all.

Edited by martinjlm
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/28/2017 at 5:14 PM, martinjlm said:

Why is this post Zeke backfield still a question? McFadden, Morris and Smith will be a RBBC if Zeke is out. It's what happens. They will be barely flex worthy, unable to predict week to week and virtually useless to all.

That's not how the Cowboys operate. It wasn't when Murray left. It wasn't in the pre-season. I don't see any reason why this changes now. 

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

So what makes this guy so special?

nothing except that there is a small chance at getting a starting RB on a good team. he is long shot of the bunch but you never know.  doubt they leave him on the bench if the other 2 falter and he performs just cuz he doesn't have the name.  but like i said it's a long shot right now, he needs the most to fall his way compared to the other 2

16 minutes ago, Panthor said:

nothing except that there is a small chance at getting a starting RB on a good team. he is long shot of the bunch but you never know.  doubt they leave him on the bench if the other 2 falter and he performs just cuz he doesn't have the name.  but like i said it's a long shot right now, he needs the most to fall his way compared to the other 2

Mcfadden has been inactive for quite some time, i doubt he makes an impact... I have been wrong before

This whole Dallas backfield is going to be a messy six weeks.  I don't really see Morris or McFadden(where are you?) blowing up.  I am not even sure Rod will blow up but I think he has the capabilities to provide a few strong fantasy outings.  I am targeting Rod in the one league I own Zeke as a bye week filler.  

I'm picking up Rod Smith and every League. I think Morris will get the Jerry Jones First Carry start of the game McFadden will have to be used passing duties.

I think Rod Smith does everything those two does and the team will realize it eventually.

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Based on what? He is behind 2 proven runners.

Proven old and mediocre runners. McFadden has been good about 2 yrs in his career. Alf was last relevant 4 years ago. This situation is crap at the moment, but Smith could ascend the depth chart and make a few big starts while Zeke is out

Taking a flier on him. There's a chance he becomes lead dog...a small chance but you never know. 

Not really related to fantasy, but his brother also plays for the Cowboys (Jaylon Smith)... wonder if that gives him any edge to give him a shot in the backfield.