NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole situation is a waste of roster space.  Honestly, what is the upside to any one of these guys other than Smith?  And, that might not even occur because there is all sorts of egos involved in this organization.  Not buying the whole "Dallas is going to play the person in order to win a Super Bowl".  Hell, they almost put Romo back in instead of Prescott (arguably, and I will concede to a point). 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed CSB

Some of you are brave. Coming from a die hard boys fan I hope he has a solid outing... but damn that’s beyond a roll of the dice. I catch every Dallas game and I have absolutely no idea how the usage is going to work out for all 3 of these guys. He’s talented I can tell you that, the team loves him. However I think I’m gonna wait and see this week. 

4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This whole situation is a waste of roster space.  Honestly, what is the upside to any one of these guys other than Smith?  And, that might not even occur because there is all sorts of egos involved in this organization.  Not buying the whole "Dallas is going to play the person in order to win a Super Bowl".  Hell, they almost put Romo back in instead of Prescott (arguably, and I will concede to a point).  

I would have started Rod this week with Henry (Dear Baby Fantasy jesus).  i was able to get Collins and will probably cry when I see Rod gets 10 catches this week.  Whatevsies.  Woman beaters, ya know...just screwing up your fantasy team. 

Sure it could be a waste of a roster space. But guess what? Most players on benches will be just that, bench players.

In a smaller league, sure I can see this all being a waste. But in larger leagues, when you are getting to the 30RB potentially being a starter, these types of situations are worth monitoring. Like some scrub who was cut from Seattle that some people are now starting. And for good reason.

Edited by Butters
9 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

Just dropped the Steelers DST I was holding to make sure I got him.

I have 4 Dallas RBs on my bench and they are all worthless to me this week. 

Wow.

That’s ball-z!  You realize there is a good chance Dallas becomes a RBBC for the next 6 games?

I get why people are swinging for the fences on Rod Smith (who wouldn’t root for the undrafted guy?)

But, I have no idea who the 4th guy you picked up is...  Did you get the water boy?

Beerdown, it’s time to put down that beer...

21 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

Just dropped the Steelers DST I was holding to make sure I got him.

I have 4 Dallas RBs on my bench and they are all worthless to me this week. 

Haha, I'm about to drop Rob Kelley for Smith so I'll be joining you soon.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Wow.

That’s ball-z!  You realize there is a good chance Dallas becomes a RBBC for the next 6 games?

I get why people are swinging for the fences on Rod Smith (who wouldn’t root for the undrafted guy?)

But, I have no idea who the 4th guy you picked up is...  Did you get the water boy?

Beerdown, it’s time to put down that beer...

Zeke is the 4th.

54 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Some of you are brave. Coming from a die hard boys fan I hope he has a solid outing... but damn that’s beyond a roll of the dice. I catch every Dallas game and I have absolutely no idea how the usage is going to work out for all 3 of these guys. He’s talented I can tell you that, the team loves him. However I think I’m gonna wait and see this week. 

Talented and the team loves him. Good enough 

3 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Can you elaborate? Thanks.

Well for starters they absolutely love his family. Rod Smith is a big part of why Jaylon Smith is in Dallas too. Always been really high on their character. 

Through out training camp and preseason Garrett praised his pass catching abilities, special teams play and they think he’s the most versatile back behind Zeke with a lot of room to grow.

1 minute ago, DezBryant88 said:

Well for starters they absolutely love his family. Rod Smith is a big part of why Jaylon Smith is in Dallas too. Always been really high on their character. 

Through out training camp and preseason Garrett praised his pass catching abilities, special teams play and they think he’s the most versatile back behind Zeke with a lot of room to grow.

Good insight. Are you a Cowboys fan? I assume given your handle.

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm starting to feel the Watson, Fuller, and Foreman owners abandon their ship...

AND JUMP ON THE ROD SMITH TRAIN!

CHOO!

Just dropped Fuller to hop on the train in case Alf doesn't work out for me.

1 minute ago, DezBryant88 said:

Still gotta play each other twice.... it’s gonna be gooooood.

It'll be PHI or DAL in the NFC East. I live in Dallas and that's the 1 game every year I go to. But seriously, I'm flexing Rod this week. LEGGO!