NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jtbgator said:

Can you elaborate? Tell us why you feel like that.

Have a feeling Alf and Smitty will rotate on early downs and he will be successful like his size and goaline potential. Good player who always seemed to be behind other big name guys in college and pros finally gets his chance

Just now, clintp44 said:

How do you guys feel about dropping Buck for Rod in a 12 TEAM PPR league? I'm just looking to stash upside for playoffs. Buck has no upside anymore.

Bench coach but I did this exact move today. 

1 minute ago, clintp44 said:

How do you guys feel about dropping Buck for Rod in a 12 TEAM PPR league? I'm just looking to stash upside for playoffs. Buck has no upside anymore.

100% yes. Welcome aboard but your start/sit, add/drop questions should be asked in the Assistant Coach forum FYI.

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

So? What if they sign Kapernic? 

Kaepernick: A guy who has played 21 games since 2015 and didn't even look good then? Also, he would have to learn a whole new offense? No thanks.

Edited by Jwook
Just now, Jwook said:

Kaepernic: A guy who has played 21 games since 2015 and didn't even look good then? Also, he would have to learn a whole new offense? No thanks.

Whatever, the Texans will clearly get some other QB. They have title aspirations, they aren’t going with Tom Savage 

On 11/1/2017 at 12:58 PM, kco734 said:

I can’t see them dressing 3 running backs, he’s locked in on special teams and I can see him stealing work from whoever it is Alfred Morris or Darren McFadden

They were dressing 3 RB's before.  Zeke, Smith, and Morris, so why wouldn't they dress 3 now?

45 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Through out training camp and preseason Garrett praised his pass catching abilities, special teams play and they think he’s the most versatile back behind Zeke with a lot of room to grow.

do we have quotes to point to this? 

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

do we have quotes to point to this? 

Yeah I’m positive if you looked up Garrett on Rod Smith you’ll find some quotes. I was going off of all the interviews and press conferences I’ve watched throughout the season.

Just now, urban2014 said:

Like a coach would tell a player they suck? 

what?  no they wouldn't say that or maybe they would.  but it is a step above if he said something to the effect that he is the most versatile RB behind Zeke, that isn't normal run of the mill coach speak.  so yes if he said that i think it is a big deal, so far all i have found is that they said they wanted to give him a lot of work in the pre season to see what he could do with it. 

Also you can find tons of articles out of Dallas that explain why a lot of people involved with the organization feel like Smith has the skill set to be an every down back. Obviously keep in mind every down backs are rare now a days so it’s all speculation anyways.