NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alfred Morris or Darren McFadden?

I think it's DMC.  I know Morris has been acting as the backup so far but I think that might've been an attempt to keep DMC healthy just in case this situation occurred.  If you can find room for both, I'd grab Morris too but if you're picking one I'd say DMC.

Well I really dropped the ball and read the news as if it was a for sure suspension. Dropped Blount and Golden Tate for the duo in an 8 man league. 

My team isn't too hurt though if he's not suspended, at least I don't think:

QB-Aaron Rodgers

RB-LeSean McCoy

RB-Jerrick McKinnon

WR-Michael Thomas

WR-Will Fuller

TE-Cameron Brate

FLEX-Chris Thompson

K-Matt Prater

D/ST-Redskins

Bench: Darren McFaden, Alfred Morris, Marshawn Lynch, Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, Adam Thielien, David Johnson (IR)

1 minute ago, balotelli773 said:

Well I really dropped the ball and read the news as if it was a for sure suspension. Dropped Blount and Golden Tate for the duo in an 8 man league. 

QB-Aaron Rodgers

RB-LeSean McCoy

RB-Jerrick McKinnon

WR-Michael Thomas

WR-Will Fuller

TE-Cameron Brate

FLEX-Chris Thompson

K-Matt Prater

D/ST-Redskins

Bench: Darren McFaden, Alfred Morris, Marshawn Lynch, Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, Adam Thielien, David Johnson (IR)

You need to retire.  Wow.  

11 minutes ago, balotelli773 said:

QB-Aaron Rodgers

RB-LeSean McCoy

RB-Jerrick McKinnon

WR-Michael Thomas

WR-Will Fuller

TE-Cameron Brate

FLEX-Chris Thompson

K-Matt Prater

D/ST-Redskins

Sounds like Zeke WILL get suspended, but I simply don't think either DMC or Morris are worth THAT much right now. No one knows which one will become the lead back, and even then, they'll likely only have RB2 upside, at best, for six weeks and six weeks only.

2 minutes ago, minnytola1960 said:

Sounds like Zeke WILL get suspended, but I simply don't think either DMC or Morris are worth THAT much right now. No one knows which one will become the lead back, and even then, they'll likely only have RB2 upside, at best, for six weeks and six weeks only.

Just really like that Dallas O-Line, last year I recall holes that any medicore RB could run through and put up huge numbers. I guess I felt it was worth the gamble with dropping Tate for DMC, I remember him being decent in Oakland. When I already have Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Amari Cooper, Thielien, and Larry Fitzgerald I don't feel I took too hard of a hit when I only have to field 2 a week unless I put one in FLEX.

For RB it's a similar situation, I have LeSean McCoy, McKinnon, Marshawn Lynch, and Chris Thompson. There's guys like Frank Gore just rotting on the waiver wire. Should Zeke go down I'd slot him in for Marshawn or Thomas in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, chrisfish said:

They probably don't even have to be owned in 8-team leagues. Golden Tate though...

How many weeks would you play Golden Tate over Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Larry FItzgerald, Thielien, or Amari Cooper (ok Cooper is in an exception)?

Realistically...figured it was worth a gamble if they get Zeke-ish levels of production they'd definitely be ownable in 8 teamers.

2 minutes ago, balotelli773 said:

How many weeks would you play Golden Tate over Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Larry FItzgerald, Thielien, or Amari Cooper (ok Cooper is in an exception)?

Realistically...figured it was worth a gamble if they get Zeke-ish levels of production they'd definitely be ownable in 8 teamers.

"They" because we don't know who, if either, will get the majority of the carries. Point is, with the free agent pools usually loaded with talent in small leagues, backs from committee backfields wouldn't be on my team.