NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jerian Grant 2017-2018 Outlook

I have Rondo on IR, have no problem playing this guy while he heals up.

think Grant will be streaky, but I bet he posts some solid lines here and there. I was in need of some extra assists, think he will do just fine in that area, along with some steals and threes.

1 hour ago, markus85 said:

What happens when Dunn comes back?

IGrant played better than Dunn even when Dunn was healthy, but bulls will give Dunn a chance to shine since he is one of the main pieces the got for Butler

21 hours ago, markus85 said:

What happens when Dunn comes back?

You hopefully have either moved him to someone in your league for something good OR you drop him for the new, hot WW add. 

All about expectations. Expect him to be nothing more than a hot property to start the year until the young, heir apparent comes back and you won't be disappointed.

I also don't think they have much reason  rush Dunn, or Lavine, to the court. They clearly have nothing to play for this year so Dunn doesn't have to be developed if he's not 100%.

Dunn won't have a training camp session or pre-season with the team so it could be an issue of whether or not the chemistry is there with Dunn.. It's not like he's a high-IQ veteran that can mesh easily with a new team quickly. 

7 assists, 2 steals. Reminds me of TJ McConnell off the wire. Pretty much nobody else can get you 5+ assists off the wire 

Reports saying Dunn can play as early as next week.. Thinking it might be time to let Grant go if Dunn plays. I think it's easy letting go of Bulls anyway in general.. 

13 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I don't see how he's valuable with Dunn around but I suppose Hoiberg never officially named Dunn the starter. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-jerian-grant-starter-kris-dunn-20171006-story.html

Would still lead to a timeshare, I really only like him for assists. Best case scenario would be ~25 minutes in either a starter or bench role I guess. Could also have more value against opposing second units.. Still, I'd be more comfortable owning someone with a more solidified role at the moment