NBC Sports Edge Forums

My Corey Davis for His Jerrick McKinnon? WHIR

I'm 4-1 in my 14 team .5 PPR Keeper League and have been offered McKinnon for Davis. I'm reluctant because my biggest need is a WR1. Not saying Davis will be that guy, but there's a chance. There's also a chance McKinnon is awesome and Davis is inconsistent (as most rookies are). Also, I'm not even sure where I would start McKinnon in this lineup. My team is below. Can I get some input as to whether I should do this? WHIR 100%

QB Carson Wentz

RB Akeem Hunt

RB Ameer Abdullah

WR Jarvis Landry

WR Emmanuel Sanders

TE Hunter Henry

Flex Adam Thielen

Flex Duke Johnson

DEF Buccaneers

Bench Tyrell Williams

Bench Corey Davis

Bench Alex Collins

Bench Matt Breida

Bench JuJu Smith-Schuster

I'm taking one last stab at this since the deal is still on the table.

I know everyone so far has said not to do this deal and if I'm being honest, I'm not in love with it (as I may be able to use Corey in a trade when more people start selling for keepers), but I'm still tempted as I've had a thing for McKinnon over the last few years and would hate to miss out if he is actually about to break out. 

Anyone disagree with the previous posters or is it pretty much a consensus that I should stand pat?

Again, WHIR 100%

I would make this trade right away.  I think you could then trade McKinnon or Abdullah for more in a week or so.  I believe both of them are going to be good going forward and their value will rise.  Davis can't get on the field.

If you would keep Corey Davis as a keeper, no way would I do this deal

you will be kicking yourself for years to come when he is on your opponent keeper squad

mckinnon played good this last game but the rest of his career he's been average.  Sure he can probably put up some more good games but he could also be a bust.  And then dalvin cook will be back next year so I doubt he will have keeper value.

Edited by gus030
3 hours ago, gus030 said:

If you would keep Corey Davis as a keeper, no way would I do this deal

you will be kicking yourself for years to come when he is on your opponent keeper squad

mckinnon played good this last game but the rest of his career he's been average.  Sure he can probably put up some more good games but he could also be a bust.  And then dalvin cook will be back next year so I doubt he will have keeper value.

I agree with you but right now, I’m trying to win the championship this season, so keepers aren’t necessarily a top priority. And who knows, if McKinnon beasts out, maybe some team will be willing to trade for him to be play an integral role in their offense. 

Anyways, the point is if I win it all this year, I’m fine not having great keepers next year. Question is: can McKinnon help get me there or could Corey? Or could Cotey net me something better after he plays? Lot of risk on both sides for sure (maybe Corey isn’t a stud).