NBC Sports Edge Forums

Need to drop 2: Watkins, Parker, Collins, L. Murray WHIR

Its tough because you are strong at WR.  I would say drop Murray/Collins, but you cant drop 2 RBs.  I would drop Collins over Murray, and Watkins over Parker.  If that helps at all, sorry.  I know you said no trades, but why not trade on of your 2 stud QBs and get another startable RB? Or drop a DST?

54 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Its tough because you are strong at WR.  I would say drop Murray/Collins, but you cant drop 2 RBs.  I would drop Collins over Murray, and Watkins over Parker.  If that helps at all, sorry.  I know you said no trades, but why not trade on of your 2 stud QBs and get another startable RB? Or drop a DST?

Unfortunately, my league mates are not big into trading. I tried all week to package each QB in a deal to upgrade at RB, but no takers. Also, at the time of the post, trades for this week will not go through due to 48 hour rule. I dropped the Seahawks defense for Ingram but did not update my roster. So basically, I need a kicker for this week and wanted to buy shares of McFadden. That's why I was considering dropping 2 of those 4..

As far as the kicker goes, just roll no kicker and if you are up big or loosing big by Sunday night, stay that way.  If its close, then pick up a kicker form the Sunday or Monday night game.  I sure wouldn't drop any of those guys for a kicker unless I really needed it.   AFAS McFadden, the situation is so murky, with Alf being a better Standard player potentially, and news that Zeke may keep playing, I'd hold tight.  Or drop Either Collins or Murray if you really are into McFadden.

3 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

As far as the kicker goes, just roll no kicker and if you are up big or loosing big by Sunday night, stay that way.  If its close, then pick up a kicker form the Sunday or Monday night game.  I sure wouldn't drop any of those guys for a kicker unless I really needed it.   AFAS McFadden, the situation is so murky, with Alf being a better Standard player potentially, and news that Zeke may keep playing, I'd hold tight.  Or drop Either Collins or Murray if you really are into McFadden.

Collins seems to be the consensus drop in this thread. He's looked good in limited opportunities, but perhaps I am looking at him with rose colored glasses. Always great to get the perspective of others. Our league uses points as tie breakers for playoff spots so I am always hesitant to leave vacated spots. The good thing is most of these guys play at 1 pm so I have time to gauge performance before adding a kicker.  

Collins 100% for sure, without a doubt in my mind. Second is tricky. Latavius TD upside (Jerrick certainly not as good as he was on Monday Night). I would say second drop Sammy Watkins. Goff has proven he can be effective without even targeting Sammy. Good luck

Link: