NBC Sports Edge Forums

alex smith or carson palmer? WHIR

smith at home vs PIT. PIT gives up least FF pts to QBs

palmer at home vs TB. TB gives up 5th-most FF pts to QBs

matchup says Palmer easily, but he is always under pressure and alex is having an MVP caliber season.

was concerned when it looked like Smith might be down both Hill and Kelce but they are both playing

RW's rankings column has them #12 and #13 so it is a very close call.

WHIR

3 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

smith at home vs PIT. PIT gives up least FF pts to QBs

palmer at home vs TB. TB gives up 5th-most FF pts to QBs

matchup says Palmer easily, but he is always under pressure and alex is having an MVP caliber season.

was concerned when it looked like Smith might be down both Hill and Kelce but they are both playing

RW's rankings column has them #12 and #13 so it is a very close call.

WHIR

It's a close call but I'll take Smith because he's playing better.  It's also a borderline shootout.

FYI, I'd take that PIT FF stat with a grain of salt.  QBs PIT has faced so far  (Kizer, Keenum, Glennon, Flacco, Bortles)

I'm taking another take on this. Now you can't go wrong with Smith, but I feel like KHUNT is going to feast. Look what Fournette did and the Bears RBs have done against the Steelers. The Steelers are pretty good against #1 WRs, that could take Hill out the picture. Kelce is banged up with his concussion. 

As far as the cardinals go. Palmer will be throwing all day. Tampa defense is really banged up. I can easily see at least 2 TDs from Palmer.  They have no run game  (forget about AP.)

So I am saying it would be Palmer

On 10/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, dakimbell said:

Alex Smith by alot for me.. Smith is going to be undervalued (rightfully so) by the rankings bc he is Alex Smith, but seems extra motivated this year And the offense is a well oiled machine in a probable high scoring game

On 10/14/2017 at 1:12 PM, chrisfish said:

Smith by a lot here as well.

On 10/14/2017 at 1:54 PM, nohboy33 said:

I'd definitely go with Smith. He's playing at a much higher level although Palmer will probably throw the ball 50 times this weekend...

please help

On 10/14/2017 at 2:48 PM, dakimbell said:

Keep in mind Pittsburgh has played Bortles, Glennon, Flacco, Keenum, and Kizer.. that least fantasy points to QB's is heavily skewed by an easy schedule

I sure hope you didn't listen to these gentlemen. 

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Didnt pan out, if only you didnt throw that little part about AP in there it would have been worth an "I told you so" post.

I didn't think AP was going to be that good, if good at all. I feel like it was more poor Defense by Tampa in the beginning.

Edited by Trade Monster
15 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Did you watch the game? He looked explosive as ever to me

he looked really good but not that good. doesnt have that same agility he used to have. you could see it on that shake and bake he gave the bucs defender. he looks good, way better than i thought he could. but he's not the same.

every week i start the QB i'm supposed to between the trio of Russ, Alex, and Palmer, and every week I'm wrong.

Alex was a no brainer, he's like QB1 or some s---.

Next week is easy with Alex vs OAK on TNF.

Fortunately it looks like this coaching mistake will not cost me the week, I need to fade 31 pts between TY and Gore (ppr) I feel a lot better about it with Mariota playing but that Titans D is some hot garbage booty

3 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

he looked really good but not that good. doesnt have that same agility he used to have. you could see it on that shake and bake he gave the bucs defender. he looks good, way better than i thought he could. but he's not the same.

every week i start the QB i'm supposed to between the trio of Russ, Alex, and Palmer, and every week I'm wrong.

Alex was a no brainer, he's like QB1 or some s---.

Next week is easy with Alex vs OAK on TNF.

Fortunately it looks like this coaching mistake will not cost me the week, I need to fade 31 pts between TY and Gore (ppr) I feel a lot better about it with Mariota playing but that Titans D is some hot garbage booty

He looked ever bet as good tonight to me than he did in his 1400 yard season 2 years ago, but  I was prob guilty if hyperbole saying better than ever because tnats a level that few have ever attained..

Edited by dakimbell
2 minutes ago, chrisfish said:

This is dumb. Fact: AP was a quality start this week.

How so? He was nothing in NO. It could of been the usage or the system but no one one started. They may have picked him up, but it was a wait and see scenario. Like I said, if you started him,  you were desperate.