NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

IsraeliPSYCHO

1 minute ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Beeee, Beeee, Beeeee. He isn't close to Whiteside when it comes to shot blocking, but he isn't Zack Randolph either. So far he is averaging 1 block per game. Don't really know what sort of post you read that you are so brainwashed now. He is an amazing player, averaging 17, 7 with 1+ block in his rookie season, too bad his last name isn't Ball, because if it was he would be the next big thing. 

If given the minutes there is no reason why he can't repeat or improve his rookie season. Now the only problem is that I also do not believe that he will be given enough minutes. But still even with 22-25 min he should be able to score more than 12p and 1bl is perfectly realistic.  

And you are a sheep. It is sheeple behavior to post negative comments on the web. There was no reason for you to come to this post and start trashing Jahlil. Isn't that right. 

bruh its the rotoworld forums lmao

people come here to see EVERY take on players new situation positive or negative for fantasy purposes your still a little new here so i understand your confusion

regarding him being a great player, not so much or else teams woulda been more willing to deal for him, the 76ers had to attatch a 2nd round pick just to ditch him

and you say "if given minutes" which he wont be given that type of minute workload to reach your lofty expectations, less than a block per game 100% and if im wrong ill eat it but i know ill be right lol

• Like 3

LOL @ all the people hating..

100% these people missed out on him yesterday and they are EXTREMELY bitter. Be quicker next time you losers.

So what if he sucks....we all dropped the garbage at the end of our bench  for him. 

If he sucks, we drop him and move on to the next hyped up FA on the WW.

Haters acting like people drafted Jah in the 3rd round of the draft.

WE GOT HIM FROM THE WIRE FOR FREE!!!! If the upside doesn't materialize, hes cut. Big effing deal.

Stop hating just because you were too slow to get him.

Edited by crocp
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, crocp said:

100% these people missed out on him yesterday and they are EXTREMELY bitter. Be quicker next time you losers.

So what if he sucks....we all dropped the garbage at the end of our bench  for him. 

WE GOT HIM FROM THE WIRE FOR FREE!!!! If the upside doesn't materialize, hes cut. Big effing deal.

Im sure some people are for sure doing that

for me i think hes gonna be useful as you can tell if you read my specific posts but some guys are just delusional i think in their expectations thus leading to some extra haterade from people who missed out and are indeed salty

Edited by kmoore1521

2 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Rookie season, 17points with good fg%? But I agree amazing is a bit exaggerating :) But potential is there. 

I have seen him play a lot and he could be a really good player. He just doesn't have that "I want to be great attitude". Looks like he doesn't want to be out there. I think if he gets 25 mins he will be a solid C on any fantasy team, but I can also see him being benched for lack of effort or doing something off the court(as we've seen already) that gets him in trouble. Lots of places to get in trouble in NYC.

47 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

it was intentionally extra dry in hopes that he took it serious and made an awful move lol... dumb questions get dumb advice....

Okafor is one of only four players this century to average at least 17 points, seven rebounds and one block per game as a rookie

hes nowhere near top 100... what are you talking about?  177 on the year... 162 on the month

He is a potential Top100-Pick with no Z-Bo in town. I like him last year a lot as a fantasy player. He sucks in non category but do a litte bit of everything. Simply he is a fantasy-friendly player with much more opportunity with no Z-Bo.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

19 minutes ago, crocp said:

You think people only hate because they didn’t get him? Wrong. Especially someone like him who could be decent or just be terrible. Some people are objective and just give their honest opinion a player whether they got/own him or not. My opinion of a player isn’t influenced by whether I own him or not. Crazy concept huh? 

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Okafor the Rookie HOF!

dude youre a clown...no one is saying HOF rookie of the year and this and that...simply that he has the potential and opportunity now....from the waiver...if he sux, then you drop him and move on to the next guy...

4 minutes ago, FantasyEmpire said:

He is a potential Top100-Pick with no Z-Bo in town. I like him last year a lot as a fantasy player. He sucks in non category but do a litte bit of everything. Simply he is a fantasy-friendly player with much more oppotunity with no Z-Bo.

yea, thats why i grabbed him....but hes so vanilla and expendable... rather take my chances on okafor...

4 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

dude youre a clown...no one is saying HOF rookie of the year and this and that...simply that he has the potential and opportunity now....from the waiver...if he sux, then you drop him and move on to the next guy...

yea, thats why i grabbed him....but hes so vanilla and expendable... rather take my chances on okafor...

I am just being realistic. No one trades a #3 overall pick for 50 cents on the dollar if they think he has great potential. 

Just now, duke of queens said:

I am just being realistic. No one trades a #3 overall pick for 50 cents on the dollar if they think he has great potential. 

well, take it in context since it was theyre own damn fault that killed his value with how they handled him....they didnt even try and showcase him this year for a trade of any value....

he put up decent numbers his rookie year and if he comes anywhere near that, then its a great WW pickup.... clearly better than who i had to drop....so, take the situation for whats it worth....a WW guy who could be a great pickup....you dont know how this will play out any more than anyone else here

4 minutes ago, FantasyEmpire said:

Okafor is only good for points, maybe FG % and rebounds. No blocks and 3.0 TO in 25 minutes last year AASB and no Embiid. The problem for him is, the Nets hadn't a playmaker/true PG and he can't create his own shot. Reminds me on Hakim Warrick :-)

Agreed. He is strong in those categories, but he also touches the blocks category. Also, that can be really valuable to some people. Not everyone has to get stocks to be valuable. 

Disagree on the second point. I watched way too much of the Sixers since they were my team and one of Jahlil's strengths, which happens to be his biggest weakness in today's NBA, is that he is an old school big that does work on block. He has really good footwork, he has good touch, and he has a ton of post moves. He was flashing the ability to face at the elbow and hit that jumper as well. He absolutely creates his own shot, but the offense has to be willing to feed him when he posts up and let him go to work. 

3 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

well, take it in context since it was theyre own damn fault that killed his value with how they handled him....they didnt even try and showcase him this year for a trade of any value....

he put up decent numbers his rookie year and if he comes anywhere near that, then its a great WW pickup.... clearly better than who i had to drop....so, take the situation for whats it worth....a WW guy who could be a great pickup....you dont know how this will play out any more than anyone else here

I understand where you are coming from, but don't act like picking him up is a no brainer. Not everyone is in leagues where its unlimited pickups. Some have weekly limits and/or season limits where every pick up has to be thought out.  

7 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

The Sixers switched leadership. Hinkie wouldn't trade him for 50 cents on the dollar because Hinkie extracted far more value in trades and wasn't afraid to act unconventionally. But, this thinking also led to Hinkie drafting best player available for years so he ended up with a lot of bigs that didn't compliment one another. The Sixers developing and rolling with Embiid doesn't mean the Sixers think Okafor doesn't have great potential. It means they think Embiid has more potential than Okafor.  The new leadership just completely and massively bungled the depth of Nerlens, Okafor, Embiid, Holmes, Saric, Simmons that they inherited. They walked away from Nerlens and Okafor with basically Trevor Booker and one 2nd round pick to show for it. I miss Hinkie. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I understand where you are coming from, but don't act like picking him up is a no brainer. Not everyone is in leagues where its unlimited pickups. Some have weekly limits and/or season limits where every pick up has to be thought out.  

obviously each person has to evaluate their own situation lol.....

but this seems like a pretty clear cut no brainer...to not take a chance on him becuase he might not work out is foolish. the long term value is there

50 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I have seen him play a lot and he could be a really good player. He just doesn't have that "I want to be great attitude". Looks like he doesn't want to be out there. I think if he gets 25 mins he will be a solid C on any fantasy team, but I can also see him being benched for lack of effort or doing something off the court(as we've seen already) that gets him in trouble. Lots of places to get in trouble in NYC.

Those  are some incredible observation skills to pick that up based on the whole 5 minutes he has played the entire season.  Impressive.

Edited by Deathrow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

bruh its the rotoworld forums lmao

people come here to see EVERY take on players new situation positive or negative for fantasy purposes your still a little new here so i understand your confusion

regarding him being a great player, not so much or else teams woulda been more willing to deal for him, the 76ers had to attatch a 2nd round pick just to ditch him

and you say "if given minutes" which he wont be given that type of minute workload to reach your lofty expectations, less than a block per game 100% and if im wrong ill eat it but i know ill be right lol

This is my answer to you... The next guy said it all. Stay sheep. Stay slow. Stay bitter. 

1 hour ago, crocp said: