Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those poor 139 ppl added Emeka Okafor  

If you follow the advice on this board you will make 23.7 add/drops per week and end up in the exact same position in your league standings lol

Same position he played in Philly

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

 

lol, just becuase he SAID he grabbed him in a few leagues, doesnt make it true....

Ooookay.   Coming into this thread is like entering the Twilight Zone.  Nothing that appears to be appears to be.  I think I understand now. ?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

This thread is going off the rails!

Here, I'll make it easy for everyone:

 

If he's on your wire, grab him. There probably isn't a C with more upside there. If he's taken, put him on your watch list and see how he does. If he gets off to a slow start, buy low. If he starts off hot and stays that way, oh well.

 

The end. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

This thread is going off the rails!

 

Yeahhh...can we just focus on Okafor?

 

Don't care if you're a newbie or a vet,

Don't care if you own Okafor or you don't.

Don't care if you love him and think he'll drop triple doubles in 40 mins a game (or whatever inflated stats), or if you hate him and think he'll bottom out with under 20 minutes a game.

 

Stop telling people to run and go grab him, or to stay away, because I think we're all giving our unsolicited advice based on our own situations.

It's becoming unproductive when we not only disagree but also start throwing shade on each other.  Say what you want, and even argue, but when it comes to actually offering ideas on what others should do, mind your own damn business, because apparently, we can't do the former civilly here without bashing one another personally.  It used to be peaceful here.

 

2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

I'd assume he suits up Saturday, no reason he shouldn't.

 

Not playing.

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/939270395890352128

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to post this from an article I just read. For people that are wondering if Okafor is frozen in time:

 

"So, look at a player like Okafor. He’s supposedly lost 20-pounds after going on a vegan diet and has been working on his 3-point shot. Conditioning? In fact, hours before the trade, Philly writers reported, Okafor was the last player on the court after shootaround wrapped up. He was doing conditioning drills and putting up shots"

 

Yeah I am still of the believe that Okafor is going to be motivated to prove something and will do really well there. And in case anyone wonders, I missed out on him but I am still rooting for him! :)

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.netsdaily.com/platform/amp/2017/12/8/16752184/the-nets-as-the-island-of-misfit-nba-toys

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

the thing with the nets is, they play the fastest pace in the league. so if okafor plays just 18-20 minutes, that's pretty much the equivalent of 22-24 minutes from other teams on a possession standpoint. so even if he averages just 20 minutes a game, he'll still be useful in  many leagues. maybe 13-14 pts and 5 rebounds per game ROS.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Just wanted to post this from an article I just read. For people that are wondering if Okafor is frozen in time:

 

"So, look at a player like Okafor. He’s supposedly lost 20-pounds after going on a vegan diet and has been working on his 3-point shot. Conditioning? In fact, hours before the trade, Philly writers reported, Okafor was the last player on the court after shootaround wrapped up. He was doing conditioning drills and putting up shots"

 

Yeah I am still of the believe that Okafor is going to be motivated to prove something and will do really well there. And in case anyone wonders, I missed out on him but I am still rooting for him! :)

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.netsdaily.com/platform/amp/2017/12/8/16752184/the-nets-as-the-island-of-misfit-nba-toys

Good read. Good to know he's already in shape, motivated and hungry. I think he might surprise alot of people

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, crocp said:

 

meh, still zero risk and high reward picking him up.....most people dropped the dead weight at the end of their bench for this guy yesterday...literally nothing to lose.

 

He sucks, you cut him...simple. Move on to the next FA...easy as that.

He's out tomorrow, i actually want to cut him. Lol jk

Edited by Xmantt
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Just wanted to post this from an article I just read. For people that are wondering if Okafor is frozen in time:

 

"So, look at a player like Okafor. He’s supposedly lost 20-pounds after going on a vegan diet and has been working on his 3-point shot. Conditioning? In fact, hours before the trade, Philly writers reported, Okafor was the last player on the court after shootaround wrapped up. He was doing conditioning drills and putting up shots"

 

 

Is it possible Okafor behind the scenes has been secretly developing his game over the past year-plus?

 

Matt-Smith-gifs-the-eleventh-doctor-3322

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is going to be very motivated to show what he can do.  With that said, he doesn't seem to be the type of person that will mope around and hope.  I think he has worked on his game.  But then again, I'm an extremely optimistic person.. :P

 

Anyway.. I hope it does work out for him.  It must have really sucked to be put in a position where uncertainty was so high.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like how he has dealt with this when he was on the Sixers.  He spoke his mind but never really complained.  It's not easy to do when reporters are basically baiting you to do it.  That said, his defense probably still is not good since he lacks lateral quickness, but the Nets have no reason not to play him considering they are basically just developing their young guns.  Interesting to see if he has a 3 point shot now though.  If he can learn to be a Marc Gasol type defensive player then his future is real bright.  Unlikely, but he shoots a not terrible 67 pct FT.  Yeah I don't think he will be good as a modern center but maybe the Nets can figure out a way to play him.  They did trade for him!  Maybe similar to how Houston uses Capela except he will stop the ball.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait for tommorows game...still no update about his status but tommorow should be a debut night, think hes going to be great with dinwiddie, finally a big man he can do some work with

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped Booker for him. I have no idea if that was a good move or not, but it feels sketchy as all get out. I guess if the Nets can make room for a guy not quite as good as Richaun Holmes or Amir Johnson, so can I.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Dropped Booker for him. I have no idea if that was a good move or not, but it feels sketchy as all get out. I guess if the Nets can make room for a guy not quite as good as Richaun Holmes or Amir Johnson, so can I.

Depends on which Booker you're talking about :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Dropped Booker for him. I have no idea if that was a good move or not, but it feels sketchy as all get out. I guess if the Nets can make room for a guy not quite as good as Richaun Holmes or Amir Johnson, so can I.

Definitely no risk involved dropping Booker. I picked up Okafor and I've already had 2 offers. Not good ones but he does have a little bit of value...in my league at least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IkeDola510 said:

Definitely no risk involved dropping Booker. I picked up Okafor and I've already had 2 offers. Not good ones but he does have a little bit of value...in my league at least. 

 

 

Same here... Got offered Jah and Fournier for DJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I'm just excited to come back and look at this thread tomorrow night. Whether he plays great or sucks there will def be some winners and losers of heated debates lol.

Not after one game. But id bet people who picked him up for free will be happy. I think we will see a much more motivated player and better

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IkeDola510 said:

Not after one game. But id bet people who picked him up for free will be happy. I think we will see a much more motivated player and better

New to these boards?  Your right about not after one game.  More like after 1 Quarter. ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I'm just excited to come back and look at this thread tomorrow night. Whether he plays great or sucks there will def be some winners and losers of heated debates lol.

 

LOL yes unfortunately we have become a society of instant reactions instead of reasonable examination. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...