NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

IsraeliPSYCHO

Just now, bballshinobi said:

If you follow the advice on this board you will make 23.7 add/drops per week and end up in the exact same position in your league standings lol

I don't need you guys for that lol I already do that by myself!. This site is actually teaching me to be a little more patient. 

I do see alot of instant reactions but there's usually a calmer poster that comes in and makes sense of it all. Those are usually the ones I listen too. Almost dropped David nwaba in the 3rd quarter...came in here and I kept him. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

First game prediction:

24 minutes, 11 points, 5 rebounds, 0 steals 1 block.

It Will be a bit of e letdown and heated discussions will probably ensue in this thread again. I’ll Hold on to him though, to see how Things turn out. But not expecting much tonight 

let's start a jahlil 1st game prediction game

23 minutes 17 pts 4 rebounds 1 assist 0 st 2 bk

6 hours ago, beastmaster said:

5 minutes 4 points 2 rebounds

This. I'm preparing for worst case scenario. I don't want to get my hopes up and then be crushed. Anything better than this is gravy for his first game, for me.

17 minutes ago, CFN said:

This. I'm preparing for worst case scenario. I don't want to get my hopes up and then be crushed. Anything better than this is gravy for his first game, for me.

I think he'll get more than 5 minutes, but like you, I'm not expecting too much right out of the gate.  Keeping him on my bench in roto for the first several games.

1 hour ago, Mikhov said:

Against Gortat?

24 minutes, 14 points, 6/9 fg, 2/4 ft, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 3 TO

I agree with 24 minutes. I think the Nets will want to show that they made a great trade and play him from the beginning. I am betting that they will slow down their offense to make Ok4 look better.

7 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I agree with 24 minutes. I think the Nets will want to show that they made a great trade and play him from the beginning. I am betting that they will slow down their offense to make Ok4 look better.

Not sure about the slowing down of their offense, but very interesting take on playing him 24 minutes from the jump to show they made a great trade.  I hope you are right.

Last night was exciting with Milos' return, and tonight I'm pumped for Okafor's return.  

10 hours ago, ejaggit said:

He's playing Tuesday guys....  Excited to see him take the starting C spot in BKN. This is his moment to prove himself... New team- and a crappy team at that, and it's a contract year!

where did they say hes starting?

prediction: 14 pts - 8 rbds - 1 stl - 1 blk

2 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

where did they say hes starting?

prediction: 14 pts - 8 rbds - 1 stl - 1 blk

I think that poster was basically saying he's excited to see him eventually take the starting gig.  Based on the comments from the coach (a la he'll have to earn his minutes), I don't think he'll be starting right off the bat.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Not sure about the slowing down of their offense, but very interesting take on playing him 24 minutes from the jump to show they made a great trade.  I hope you are right.

Last night was exciting with Milos' return, and tonight I'm pumped for Okafor's return.  

Yea but I mean if Oka4 is playing the offense is gonna slow down. Unless Jah became the Flash these last two months while being off the grid.

For me, I can't give any specific stat line for him tonight. 

But I will say this: I know they are different players, but if you think Mirotic has been motivated to play well since he has been back, Okafor's motivation should be at another level.  So I think regardless of if he is starting or coming off the bench, he knows that this is his time to show and prove, and he is definitely going to make the most of his time on the court. 

The whole league knows his situation.  Remember the Warriors wearing "Free Jah" shirts a few weeks back?  So if a rival team empathizes with what was happening to him, his new teammates are definitely going to look for him and give him many opportunities to shine out there. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm going to hold for a little bit, but to me he's a streaming candidate. John Collins just got dropped by an owner in my league, so he's on my watch list. Hopefully Okafor balls out though, but if not, I wouldn't be afraid to drop him.

John Collins should be added immediately.  Sorry not trying to derail. 

Edited by Lakers_Fan2
  • Thanks 1