NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

IsraeliPSYCHO

1 hour ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

At least this gives me another team to root against. I guess Philly doesn't have ton of plays and a defensive system so they started Booker right away. That is why Brooklyn is 11-14 with no future ahead of them. I really feel for Okafor, one day everything is going great, you are playing great in your first season, the future looks bright and then BOOM suddenly you are not playing at all, while some players than can barely walk are getting all the action. 

Reading all the posts I get the feeling that none actually really played any sports. The reason why he isn't playing is because he hasn't played for a year. Really? It is not like he stopped practising all of a sudden, he is probably in the best shape of his life. No reasons for him to not play, it is not like Brooklyn is going anywhere. Really hope that he gets it going and leave Brooklyn. 

All the best to Jahlil, I am sorry but I have to let you go. 

Reason he doesn't play is because he lacks the ability to play defense even a little bit. Hope he can outweigh that on offense to earn playing time, but he lost all his minutes last year because he was to flat out too slow to defend anyone.

1 hour ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

At least this gives me another team to root against. I guess Philly doesn't have ton of plays and a defensive system so they started Booker right away. That is why Brooklyn is 11-14 with no future ahead of them. I really feel for Okafor, one day everything is going great, you are playing great in your first season, the future looks bright and then BOOM suddenly you are not playing at all, while some players than can barely walk are getting all the action. 

Reading all the posts I get the feeling that none actually really played any sports. The reason why he isn't playing is because he hasn't played for a year. Really? It is not like he stopped practising all of a sudden, he is probably in the best shape of his life. No reasons for him to not play, it is not like Brooklyn is going anywhere. Really hope that he gets it going and leave Brooklyn. 

All the best to Jahlil, I am sorry but I have to let you go. 

They just beat the Wizards.. If Jahlil played, while not being aware of the defensive scheme that hes apparently sat out until he learns, its entirely likely they would have lost. He is nowhere near good enough to have won them that game regardless. The Nets absoloutley have a future, they have a lot of great young pieces, youre just clearly salty as f---. I own Okafor too so don't think I've come in here to talk s---, but you deserve to be called out on this garbage. 

• Like 1

Kenny Atkinson hinted that the Nets could play through the post a bit more with Jahlil Okafor.

"It’s my job as a coach and as a staff to help him fit into the system," Atkinson said. "He’s a talented player, a very willing passer, we do play through the post, it’s part of our system and maybe you’ll see us playing through there a little more with him." Okafor picked up a DNP-CD on Tuesday, but that's because he still hasn't been able to get through a full practice with the team since being traded there. Maybe he'll be able to make his Brooklyn debut on Thursday against the Knicks, but expect him to be brought along slowly.

Gotta stay with him.

4 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Unless Okafor has a learning disability that he hasn't disclosed, over.

Atkinson has shown an inclination to alternate between Zeller and Mozgov, so it's really uncertain what he'll do. I think 15-20 minutes is reasonable. I don't have too high expectations for him right now. But hopefully he'll get going soon.