NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

IsraeliPSYCHO

35 minutes ago, samer42 said:

He averaged 17.5/7 and over a block a game as a rookie. I'd take those numbers over John Collins easily. Not too far fetched for me to project him expanding his game 2 years later playing for a team deprived of talent like the Nets. If only Atkinson wasn't cut from the same cloth as Mile Malone of making bold decisions despite being a boneheaded coach 

I reckon you would take jah over rookie and sophomore kobe bryant. Ok.

11 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

I reckon you would take jah over rookie and sophomore kobe bryant. Ok.

Umm is this a trick question? Rookie Kobe Bryant averaged fewer than 16 min per game, so he'd definitely be on the waivers in any fantasy league today. So my answer is yes...?

Just now, samer42 said:

Umm is this a trick question? Rookie Kobe Bryant averaged fewer than 16 min per game, so he'd definitely be on the waivers in any fantasy league today. So my answer is yes...?

whoa whoa. lets factor in dynasty leagues, in which case, I'd still go with Jah :)

Theres a lot of time left to be played in the season, but if your team cant withstand a few DNPS then by all means do what you must and drop him for whoever. But everyone picking him up or holding on to him should tamper their exceptions irrespective.  Without even allowing Okafor some time to incorporate himself on a new team, in a new city, in a whole different environment, it seems as if the masses are expecting double double performances right off the bat. It makes zero sense to me why everyone is presuming the worst when everything is still in the transitional phase..I picked up Okafor and im holding on to him, exercising patience to see what transpires. He just got there...why not wait and see what happens over the course of even a week, at MINIMUM?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, soulz2018 said:

Theres a lot of time left to be played in the season, but if your team cant withstand a few DNPS then by all means do what you must and drop him for whoever. But everyone picking him up or holding on to him should tamper their exceptions irrespective.  Without even allowing Okafor some time to incorporate himself on a new team, in a new city, in a whole different environment, it seems as if the masses are expecting double double performances right off the bat. It makes zero sense to me why everyone is presuming the worst when everything is still in the transitional phase..I picked up Okafor and im holding on to him, exercising patience to see what transpires. He just got there...why not wait and see what happens over the course of even a week, at MINIMUM?

Players get traded all the time and play pretty much right away given a clean bill of health. This is an anomaly and I am very bearish on okafor's prospects as a result. 

Edited by HotSauce24

7 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Players get traded all the time and play pretty much right away given a clean bill of health. This is an anomaly and I am very bearish on okafor's prospects as a result. 

Any decent player will play first game traded unless he not in the city yet. Such nonsense that they would need time to learn a new system. Lmao do you know how simple nba offenses are. All these guys do is play basketball they can figure it out in 1 game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Any decent player will play first game traded unless he not in the city yet. Such nonsense that they would need time to learn a new system. Lmao do you know how simple nba offenses are. All these guys do is play basketball they can figure it out in 1 game

They aren't THAT simple. Offenses are easier but running actual plays are hard. Like inbound plays and all that stuff. Doesn't look good when coach calls play and you look confused and don't know where to go. Obviously they could just throw him out there and let him learn on the fly too. But honestly he should have EARN his mins too. From day 1 let him know what he should know... nothing is given to you. Keep working. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

if you're in a league that's smaller than 14 teams, i suggest you drop.

there's gotta be much better options at the moment.

maybe a couple weeks later, this guy will produce 20 - 10 - 3 - 1 - 2. he could be the much better options at that moment on a different team's roster then. briefly;

BP7uYkYCYAAp2g7.png