Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those poor 139 ppl added Emeka Okafor  

If you follow the advice on this board you will make 23.7 add/drops per week and end up in the exact same position in your league standings lol

Same position he played in Philly

Posted Images

Ehhhh...not excited for him, but just dropped Prince in one league for him (no %s, volume heavy league with 2 boards means Okafor's weighed heavily), and James Johnson in another (I literally have 1 healthy eligible C).  Just giving you my reasons b/c I don't expect him to be a home run...just in my situations.

Remember:

1.) The Nets want to use Allen in a lost season.

2.) They've had success in small ball lineups with RHJ.

3.) Okafor isn't or shouldn't be capable of handling heavy minutes AND is incredibly injury prone.

4.) TOs will be an issue.

5.) Not playing for a garbage Philly team when he was "good", so fewer touches, esp once DLO returns.

On the PLUS side:

1.) No more Booker means the Nets will at least give him 22-25 minutes a night.

2.) Nets could definitely use Okafor's services in the post, given they don't have a threat inside (sorry Mozzy).

3.) If you're seeking points, boards, FG%, and blks, Okafor's your man (sorry, no projections).

4.) Not too many #3 picks on the wire.  Upside galore.

Sean Marks gets a ton of credit for landing that trade.  Sauce Castillo can still shoot (not like they need more shooters) and you get the #3 pick and another pick for...Booker.  On Okafor, I love the kid because he looks to have worked hard over the summer and having followed a few of his interviews, he's matured a lot about his situation.  Not gonna tell you he's gonna be a home run or fantasy savior, but if you have someone to drop, go ahead.  Won't last long on the waiver wires, esp as a big.

1 minute ago, heero78 said:

IMO Not Prince. I know he's inconsistent but he gets you plenty of stocks. 

You own Prince?  He's averaging 1.8 combined stocks.  Not exactly 'plenty'.  Last 6 games, he's gotten...5 stocks total.

Edited by MWon
  • Like 2

Anyone thinking dudes gonna avg a DD lay off the hippie lettuce haha hed need 35 minutes to sniff a DD hes a scorer not a rebounder as a big

low 20's minutes coming, if he performs it may increase but i doubt it with allen there, hes going to absorb most of bookers minutes and zellers minutes should in theory dip as well getting okafor into the 23 minute range

obv upside for more if given mins but they still want to see allen

id be happy if he gave 12 ppg on 6 boards maybe .7 blocks with his usual % from his rookie year

solid end of bench big when Center isnt all that plentiful id drop guys like monroe or some hot SG as SG stats are easy to find players like that

• Like 1
Just now, KuramaHiei said:

Can anyone remind me what he offers again? Just haven't followed this guy since 2 years ago. Best case scenario stats and worst case? Does he hurt you anywhere?

Basically gives you points/rebs/fg% and maybe 1 block.....not too good ft%, but also low volume.

At first I thought that Philly received a 2nd round pick... and then re-read it to find out that they gave Jahlil, Stauskas and a 2nd round pick for Booker, who basically amounts to a younger, healthier Amir Johnson anyway.

Wow...

Coming from a Raptors fan, it's evident that Brian Colangelo treats 2nd round picks like they're stale candy during Halloween.

Just now, el matador said:

thinking of dropping ibakaa in one league for him and valanciunas in another league but seems to be a little risky...

new guy disguising an assistant coach forum question like a seasoned vet lol

for future Reference if you have questions like these make a post on the Assistant Coach forum and people will answer there

But since your new...............ya no this would be a bad decision

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, el matador said:

thinking of dropping ibakaa in one league for him and valanciunas in another league but seems to be a little risky...

Drop Ibaka for him, it's GG for you. Valanciunas maybe, with the minutes he's been getting. JVal upside looking bleak. Okafor will likely get you more points, but who's better overall... not a sure thing.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid
  • Like 1
Just now, lacit1707 said:

def drop both and dont look back

So you think Okafor will outplay Ibaka? I highly disagree because of Ibaka's blocks and 3s and just don't see Okafor magically becoming a better fantasy player then him.

I scooped Okafor but dropped Ersan Illyasova, don't drop relevant fantasy players for a guy who hasn't been relevant in over a year (and it didn't have to do with injuries!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, USWAY said:

Dropped Favors for him, but not sure how I feel about it, how was he fantasy his rookie year?

sh*t.....but who cares....

hype train in full effect...choooo chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by crocp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, greatestmetfan said:

So you think Okafor will outplay Ibaka? I highly disagree because of Ibaka's blocks and 3s and just don't see Okafor magically becoming a better fantasy player then him.

I scooped Okafor but dropped Ersan Illyasova, don't drop relevant fantasy players for a guy who hasn't been relevant in over a year (and it didn't have to do with injuries!).

assistant coach questions, specifically ridiculous ones, will be advised accordingly :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2