Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those poor 139 ppl added Emeka Okafor  

If you follow the advice on this board you will make 23.7 add/drops per week and end up in the exact same position in your league standings lol

Same position he played in Philly

Posted Images

Why tf, like in 5 out of 8 leagues i had some inactive owner owns him which means he was picked or an autopick. Seriously yahoo you should have ranked him 200 below so that he didnt get drafted. Only added him in 2 leagues

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Are you in a 6 team league? Everyone from all types of leagues are rushing to pick him up. You are not going to have a chance to wait an see.

I'm in a 10 team league and a competitive one too. He needs the minutes to be an effective fantasy player. Is he going start from day one? Doubtful. How will the minutes be distributed between Zeller, Allen, and Okafor? I don't know, let's wait and see! 

It looks like a lot of you guys have expendable pieces to make the gamble, but I'm not dropping Jonas for Okafor, thats a knee jerk reaction. 

Edited by MFNunique
5 minutes ago, MFNunique said:

I'm in a 10 team league and a competitive one too. He needs the minutes to be an effective fantasy player. Is he going start from day one? Doubtful. How will the minutes be distributed between Zeller, Allen, and Okafor? I don't know, let's wait and see! 

It looks like a lot of you guys have expendable pieces to make the gamble, but I'm not dropping Jonas for Okafor, thats a knee jerk reaction. 

I'm in a 10 teamer and dropped Jonas for him.  Also picked Jonas off of FA last week... not a knee jerk

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MFNunique said:

3 minutes ago, rookie11 said:

I'm in a 10 teamer and dropped Jonas for him.  Also picked Jonas off of FA last week... not a knee jerk

I'm contemplating this exact move... clock ticking. JVal situation just doesn't look good going forward.

14 minutes ago, MFNunique said:

I know within my league Okafor was scooped up immediately. I am usually on top of those things but I slacked on checking the news and didn't even have the chance to scoop him up. Although his FT% might have been an additional drain which I need to get better in so it probably was for the best that I didn't anyway.

But it's not a wait and see. This is not a normal WW player. Okafor is a potential 20 and 8 player with a block and good FG%. I think he is going to thrive there. If FT% is not a problem, he should be an instant pickup. He is going to do better than Jonas this year.

4 minutes ago, Dupontpt said:

Dont know why the fuzz. The boy is a bad player. 

He is not a bad player. I think the reputation of him being bad and untradeable has created this perception that he is bad. He averaged 17 and 7 as a rookie. If he worked on his game (he worked to get into better shape so I would assume he worked on his game too), then he is going to do very well with the Nets

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dupontpt said:

Cuz ive seen him play...hes game doenst translate well to this know nba. Cant defend the chair and cant space the floor.

You  know he's actually only the 2nd worst defensive big man in the NBA right (according to DRPM)? The worst defensive big man is KAT. Kid is 21 so it's pretty reasonable that he can't play defense. Even Anthony Davis struggled during his first 3 seasons to play defense (Pelicans were better defensively when he was off the floor).

Offensively, if he's the only player on the court that can't shoot 3's, then it's still ok. The problem was that Sixers didn't even try to filed an actual NBA team when Jahlil played. He was playing with scrubs like TJ McConnel at point guard. 

Jahlil might not be a superstar or an allstar in the future, but he's a talented big man. You put him on the right team and he will succeed. I think Nets at the very least will give him an environment to determine his future, whereas the Sixers are just a clueless organization once the Colangelo's joined. 

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Someone scooped him up 15 minutes after the news, while I was asleep. He's my opponent too. I'm leading by a huge margin so far, but still. Damn it.

Me too. I was visiting with my parents and having dinner with them. I usually check the news consistently wherever I am, but I just took longer to check at this moment and he was scooped up.

Oh well. You win some you lose some. At least this didn't happen to me when DLo surgery was announced. I got Dinwiddie within minute of the DLo news and I am sure in the end he will have been more valuable to my team then Okafor would have been.

Happy for Okafor tho. I think he is going to do really well.